My stash just grew again. (2022)

Started by seadude, December 30, 2021, 03:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

The final item from my "stuck at the local Post Office" backlog.

Exquisite Freightdog resin Mosquito B.XVI/B.35 improvement set for my recently acquired new tool Airfix Mosquito. Includes new closed bomb bay piece, camera, tailwheel and Monica radar bulge. Beautifully cast and after some of my recent comments to do with instructions the included ones are fantastic. All round great package  :thumbsup:

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

Quote from: chrisonord on January 25, 2022, 12:33:09 PM
Arrived  this afternoon and  only posted  yesterday,  which  is pretty damned amazing,  Gannett  models Fairey Delta 3. Mine could  get a different  job other  than being  a bomber interceptor . A pair of drop tanks sidewinders and a pair of standoff  nuclear  missiles.  Just to upset  the nit pickers.
Chris.

I was tempted with something similar with SR187, wth a bomb bay fairing under the fuselage, rockets replaced by ECM with the fuel tanks given over to kerosene as well as wingtip Blue Waters. Twin Red Top mounts under the wings.

Fell down on cost, numbers (I currently have two with an option on a third), size, and I can't get Blue Water missiles at the moment.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

McColm

1/72 Revell 03845 Breguet Atlantic  Italian Eagle
1/72 Sanger Avro Lincoln with extended nose but no metal parts,
1/82 Revell Revell  North American  A3J Vigilante
1/72 Avro Lancesteriain with Rolls-Royce Nene engines testbed  conversion set.
1/72 Revell Avro Shackleton AEW.2

Gondor

Arrived today from eBay

1 x 1/72 Micro Mir 72-013 Canberra T.17. Basically the S&M model with extra parts and a fret of Photo Etch. The instructions also tell you which parts not to use and there is a lot.

Kit also asked about the Odds & Ordnsnce Hunter Intakes. Below is a picture of the contents as they arrive.

More pictures in my Blog.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

chrisonord

Quote from: The Wooksta! on January 27, 2022, 06:00:14 AM
Quote from: chrisonord on January 25, 2022, 12:33:09 PM
Arrived  this afternoon and  only posted  yesterday,  which  is pretty damned amazing,  Gannett  models Fairey Delta 3. Mine could  get a different  job other  than being  a bomber interceptor . A pair of drop tanks sidewinders and a pair of standoff  nuclear  missiles.  Just to upset  the nit pickers.
Chris.

I was tempted with something similar with SR187, wth a bomb bay fairing under the fuselage, rockets replaced by ECM with the fuel tanks given over to kerosene as well as wingtip Blue Waters. Twin Red Top mounts under the wings.

Fell down on cost, numbers (I currently have two with an option on a third), size, and I can't get Blue Water missiles at the moment.
That would  have been  an interesting  subject  Lee, that gives me ideas to perhaps  add some rocket motors  to the rear  fuselage,  to help it get out of Dodge quicker once the missiles are launched
:thumbsup:
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

The Wooksta!

The bulges between the engines top and bottom on FD3 are where the rockets are housed.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

chrisonord

Quote from: The Wooksta! on January 27, 2022, 01:39:15 PM
The bulges between the engines top and bottom on FD3 are where the rockets are housed.
I  see, no need to  add  them then, I have  spoken  to Alistair,  and he seems  keen to add Bluewater missiles to his  inventory
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Lost Cosmonauts

Quote from: chrisonord on January 27, 2022, 01:52:56 PM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on January 27, 2022, 01:39:15 PM
I  see, no need to  add  them then, I have  spoken  to Alistair,  and he seems  keen to add Bluewater missiles to his  inventory

They look pretty easy to add and I've been meaning to do some more missile
options e.g. Red Hebe

Anyone have a decent set of drawings I could use as reference?
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete"

The Wooksta!

Blue Envoy is another missile you may want to consider. Drawings for that seem to be rather thin on the ground though.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

DogfighterZen

Couple of kits just because they were cheap and i have a plan for both. The Ninja will probably either give some of it's parts for another project or be heavily modified if built. The P-40B is to be a Portuguese Aeronáutica Militar bird during the 1940s.

What i am very psyched about is the fact that i've found two kits i've wanted for some time, the Special Hobby F2G-1/2, in both 1/48 and 1/72. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
One is coming from a Belgian online store and the other from Austria via ebay.

P.S.: Forgot to mention the decals on the small envelope were sent by one our most recent members, Johannes, from whom i bought the Bilek Su-17. The decals were separated from the kit so when he found them, he sent me a message letting me know that he was sending them over. :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

The Wooksta!

Snagged a Contrail Short Sturgeon off eBay, although it's not for me.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

McColm

McColm

Won on eBay for a fraction of the price the 1/72 Aeroclub multi-media  Avro Shackleton AEW.2 conversion set.

McColm

Dizzyfugu

A Heller 1:72 Saab 29 Tunnan (intended to become the photo recce variant) and a Mistercraft F6F Hellcat, the latter primarily because of the decals; the re-boxed Heller kit is rather clumsy and uninteresting.