My stash just grew again. (2022)

Started by seadude, December 30, 2021, 03:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on February 06, 2022, 09:18:20 PM
Made the hour long trip to the "local" model shop today.  I only make it up there a few times a year so I splurged...

Closer than mine mate and I live in London  :-\
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

Ok length of time to model shop..for me it's on average a trip time of 2 hours either to Hamilton or Auckland ..one way.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

DogfighterZen

Before i moved to the country side, the closest hobby shop i had was just a 10 minute drive from my house... now i am yet to go to the one that's just over an hour drive away but my colleague who knows where it is, is at home with a broken foot so i'll have to wait a bit more... :rolleyes:

In the meantime, i have been buying everything online from varied sources. This one came from Modellcenter in Austria. :wub:

Still waiting for the 1/48 version of the same kit, the Corsair is one of my favorites so i had to get a bigger one. ;D
Also still waiting for a pair of AZ kits, the MB6 "Sky Ferret" and the DH Hornet Mk.3.
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

jcf

I have the 1/48th version languishing with a Tamiya 1/48th Birdcage waiting for me to get around
to combining them to make the F4U-1W R-4360 testbed.

DogfighterZen

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on February 07, 2022, 03:17:29 PM
I have the 1/48th version languishing with a Tamiya 1/48th Birdcage waiting for me to get around
to combining them to make the F4U-1W R-4360 testbed.

I was going through the F4U research topic on the forum and read about your intentions, that would be a sweet thing to see built. :thumbsup:

I read about the prop being too small and i was thinking of buying a suitable kit to donate some parts for this one but i'll think of that when i get to building it.
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: DogfighterZen on February 07, 2022, 11:45:44 AM

In the meantime, i have been buying everything online from varied sources. This one came from Modellcenter in Austria. :wub:

Lots of fun possible with this kit. And if doing the box art option it doesn't have to be red.
Keeper of George the Cat.

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

OMG, hopefully you did not (have to) pay an insane price for the Hase Draken?

zenrat

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on February 08, 2022, 02:20:03 AM

Well it wasn't as cheap as the other two but it wasn't insane.  It'll get RAAF roundels.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

The Wooksta!

A box of random resin bits arrived from the Isle of Arran this morning, as well as a parcel from Whirlybird, which contained the resin from the Supermarine 525, which will upgrade a Maintrack Supermarine 508 and a Contrail Scimitar.

Also arriving from eBay were some Frog decals for the Javelin, intended for an FD3.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Pellson

Quote from: zenrat on February 08, 2022, 02:28:44 AM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on February 08, 2022, 02:20:03 AM

Well it wasn't as cheap as the other two but it wasn't insane.  It'll get RAAF roundels.

And that lovely ADRU scheme, perhaps?  :wub:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

NARSES2

Quote from: Howard of Effingham on February 08, 2022, 01:06:40 AM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on February 07, 2022, 11:45:44 AM

Lots of fun possible with this kit. And if doing the box art option it doesn't have to be red.

Builds quite well from memory. Built mine as a FAA bird

Here's the link to my build if it helps at all https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=38969.0

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Those Hasegawa boxes bring back memories, especially the He 51B-2. :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

Somewhere I've got a French manufactured resin/white metal/vacform conversion to make a Super Corsair from a standard one, I think it's designed to fit a Revell kit but I'm not sure.

In my 'local' (20 miles away...) model shop I saw a Special Hobby Meteor NF14 kit, so it just HAD to leave with me. Perhaps there's another episode of the PR19 story in the wings......  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

DogfighterZen

Quote from: zenrat on February 08, 2022, 01:31:28 AM
Corsair looks good DFZ.

The Corsair is a beauty and IMO, this version looks even better. I see it like an AM-1 Mauler or a Skyraider but more fighter than attack plane. The best thing is that this is one of those kits i thought i'd never get to buy for being OOP so, one of the last holy grail kits on my list is in the stash. :thumbsup:

I also have one of those Hase Draken kits but i had to dig around the web to find one under 40€ a few years ago and although i have seen a couple selling pretty cheap since then, it's been selling for crazy prices. I think this only happens because it's still the best 1/72 Draken kit out there and the other options are bad. I had the Heller kit and ended up trading it for a 1/48 Revell Bf-109G-10. Lots of big sink marks on lots of parts, dry fit tests showed lots of work on the seams but it is an old mold just showing it's age.

Quote from: Howard of Effingham on February 08, 2022, 01:06:40 AM

Well, i won't be doing the box art option, not on this kit, at least. But i do like your way of thinking.  :thumbsup:
Not sure about the country getting it but it will be military and get 4 20mm cannons instead of the 6 .50 cal MGs and maybe, just maybe, a contra prop... :wacko:

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 08, 2022, 05:50:35 AM
Builds quite well from memory. Built mine as a FAA bird

Here's the link to my build if it helps at all https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=38969.0

Thanks, Chris! That's something i was wondering because i know the reputation of older Special Hobby kits so i'm glad to know this one builds well. :thumbsup:
And i love what you did with yours, that scheme suits it very well. I have to go back to the thread to read the backstory. :thumbsup: