My stash just grew again. (2022)

Started by seadude, December 30, 2021, 03:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Received today

2 x 1/72 Freightdog BAC Hawk T2 (1975 proposal) What-if conversion sets.

Fantastic service from Colin as I only ordered they yesterday  :thumbsup:

I also have a large box waiting for me at the local sub post office which I can't collect until Friday when all shall be revealed  ;D

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Dizzyfugu

Bought a Mistercraft 1:72 Saab J35 Draken (boxed as "Finnish markings") from ev!lbay. It's the abysmal vintage Revell kit, but has the following benefits:
a) dead cheap, but you get what you pay for... (see below  :rolleyes:)
b) comes with optional photo recce/laser range finder (Danish) nose
c) instructions contain infomation about the only Swedish Draken that wore "Fields & Meadows" (Viggen splinter) camouflage, plus decals.

The latter information will probably be used to create a whiffy J 35 G from this kit (or from a Hasegawa model which I have in store somewhere, too), with the respective paint scheme. The Gustav was a dedicated attack variant for the Swedish air force that was never realized. :wacko: Just have to check how terrible this kit reincarnation actually is; I have the same old Revell kit re-boxed by Accura, and this one has very nice re-scribed panel lines instead of the original raised surface details. It still needs lots of work on cockpit and landing gear, though, but as whiffing fodder it should be fine.

zenrat

Quote from: Pellson on February 08, 2022, 05:34:01 AM
Quote from: zenrat on February 08, 2022, 02:28:44 AM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on February 08, 2022, 02:20:03 AM
OMG, hopefully you did not (have to) pay an insane price for the Hase Draken?

Well it wasn't as cheap as the other two but it wasn't insane.  It'll get RAAF roundels.

And that lovely ADRU scheme, perhaps?  :wub:

Perhaps.  i've already built a Fanta Can Mirage F1 but there is always space for more and colourfull is good.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

AeroplaneDriver

Quote from: Gondor on February 08, 2022, 02:06:42 PM
Received today

2 x 1/72 Freightdog BAC Hawk T2 (1975 proposal) What-if conversion sets.

Fantastic service from Colin as I only ordered they yesterday  :thumbsup:

I also have a large box waiting for me at the local sub post office which I can't collect until Friday when all shall be revealed  ;D

Gondor

Just ordered my T2 conversion.  Looks like a good opportunity to use the RAuxAF decal sheet I've had waiting around. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Gondor

Managed to rescue my parcle from the local sub post office

1 x 1/72 Combat Kits KCR-011 Short Belfast which weighed in at 2.212Kg including packaging.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Gondor on February 09, 2022, 11:06:45 AM

1 x 1/72 Combat Kits KCR-011 Short Belfast which weighed in a 2.212Kg including packaging.

Ye gods, that's bigger than a 1/72 Beverley then! But maybe not as tall..........  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 09, 2022, 11:13:12 AM

1 x 1/72 Combat Kits KCR-011 Short Belfast which weighed in a 2.212Kg including packaging.

Ye gods, that's bigger than a 1/72 Beverley then! But maybe not as tall..........  :o

Combat Kits does the Beverley in 1/72 as well through their eBay shop. I was tempted but prefered the look of the Belfast

Gondor

Lost Cosmonauts

A set of Top Notch paint masks designed for 1/72 E.E. Lightnings which I'm going to misuse abominably by sticking them to one of my E.E. P8s
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete"

Pellson

Managed to rescue my parcle from the local sub post office

Gondor

Can't wait to see the pics of that build...  :wub:

As I presented the youngest with an Airfix Hunter FGA.9 from the StashTM for Xmas, I took the opportunity to replace it when a similar one came up for nought on Evilbay. It arrived in good order today.

I'm very much aware of the oh so much better Revell offering, but the old Airfix kit is very nice to work with as I'm going to Super Hunter-whif it anyway. I kind of have a template since I built the RAF pair earlier.
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

JayBee

Just arrived from the Big H :

2X Airfix Vintage Classics, BEACH BUGGY  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I never got this when it was first out, now I have evil plans.

Dragon 1/72 SAS Bushmaster. I did not even know of the existance of this vehicle, but I feel a change of operator is in the wind.  :rolleyes:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Gondor

Received today from eBay

1 x 1/72 Czech Master Resin CMR72-DS07 DH Sea Venom Faw.21/22/53 Folding Wing Detailing set.

Bought because I have a Sea Venom in the stash and this would add interest to the build.

Gondor

KiwiZac

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:
Eduard 1/32 EduArt Curtiss P-40N Warhawk by Zac Yates, on Flickr

Eduard's "EduArt" boxing of the Hasegawa 1/32 Curtiss P-40N with box art by the inimitable Romain Hugault, resin and PE extras, masks and a massive decal sheet including two RNZAF examples - a limited edition kit of 3000. A gift from a new friend in Australia who just blew me away with his incredibly kind offer.
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

Rick Lowe

Wardukw

If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Gondor

Received from eBay today

1 x 1/72 Airfix 04018 Shorts Skyvan, I'm thinking British Antarctic service for this one, there is another in the stash.

1 x 1/72 KP KPM0225 Hawker Tempest F.6 as per the box art as I also have the CS-199 kit shown.
1 x 1/72 KP KPM0223 Hawker Tempest F.6. Will be a whiffed F.2 in Royal Navy Korean markings with a hook and scribed folding wings, to see if anyone notices at shows.

Gondor