My stash just grew again. (2022)

Started by seadude, December 30, 2021, 03:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

Besides, I ordered two decals sheets from Blue Rider: one for Paraguayan pre WWII aircraft, and a sheet with modern Latvian aircraft markings.

Gondor

Arrived today from eBay

1 x 1/72 Freightdog Models/Silver Cloud SCC7201 Supersonic Hunter. To be exactly what it says on the box

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Pellson

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on February 13, 2022, 11:13:45 PM

No, it has the long tail. It's labelled as an F, but it contains the early, framed canopy. Strangely, the original Revell kit is supposed to come with a separate windscreen...?!? The Akkura kit also comes with the framed canopy that rather suggests a D instead of an F or J variant. As mentioned above, you have to do a lot of detail work to create something authentic from this model. OOB it's certainly no F or J, though.  :rolleyes:

Ok..? 
There are only two Draken canopies: the one with the rearmost part transparent, and the one with the rearmost part solid. The latter (and later, being introduced late in the D-series) is a bit bulged whereas the former is straight and level with the ridgeline of the fuselage.
There's only one type of windscreen, it's rounded and onepiece. Heller got that wrong, among many other things.

Will have a look at the TL site too. I am most certainly not kitted enough with decals as is..  :rolleyes:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

PR19_Kit

Where does the Airfix Draken fit in the 'Draken accuracy League'?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Pellson

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 14, 2022, 09:36:21 AM
Where does the Airfix Draken fit in the 'Draken accuracy League'?

Points for effort?  ;)
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Dizzyfugu

I have built one, many years ago, and found it horrible. Best thing about it are IMHO the Falcon missiles, but the rest...?  :rolleyes:. The old Revell thing is not much better, though,but it has the (weak) benefit of an optional camera nose.

Gondor

received today

1 x 1/72 Air Graphics AC-125 Hawker Hunter T8M nose.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

AeroplaneDriver

From the eBay Fairy today-

1/72 Revell Hawk T-1-1/72 isn't my thing anymore but I had to get Colin's T.2 conversion so this is to go with that .  It'll look good beside my Super Hunter with lots of Freightdog resin. 

1/48 Aeromaster Sea Fury Part II decal sheet
1/48 CtA Aussies Over The Sea decal sheet

So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Wardukw

From my wee trip to my fav hobby shop

1x Academy/Minicraft 1:72 F-15C Eagle
1x Airfix 1:72 F-15A Eagle .
Price...$20.00 for both
The academy kit has no decals and its been very slightly started and the Airfix one is missing the the lower fuselage.
Could have scored a Airfix Hawker Typhoon with 2 C frames but undecided on that one...thats also in 1:72 aswell.
Oh these are for parts only ..i have ideas  :wacko:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

From BNA model world;

Aries resin cockpit set for 1/72 Hasegawa J35Ö Draken.

...and this.
'51 Kaiser Henry J Gasser by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Flyer

From a second hand store a sealed 1/144 P-51D for $2 and two large bag's of assorted Lego for $6 each. The P-51D will join some other small kit's I have put away to be scalorama'd to another yet to be determined size as scale models of R/C model's when I find the suitable figures to go with them, the Lego includes small base plates and other various brick's and interesting shaped bits that will be very useful as jigs when I finally start building again.
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

chrisonord

arrived yesterday, as part of a side project for my alternative RAF, Revell Heinkel HE 162, for the princely sum of 8 quid delivered. I have bought other stuff from the same guy for much cheapness too
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Nick

Quote from: zenrat on February 16, 2022, 01:35:08 AM
From BNA model world;

Aries resin cockpit set for 1/72 Hasegawa J35Ö Draken.

...and this.
'51 Kaiser Henry J Gasser by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

I was watching the Olympic Snowboard event last night and the stunts were amazing. At the start they read out a list of weird names that I thought were the different styles of snowboarding...
BERG, BUCK, FAN, HILL, HIRANO, POPPER, PEPERKAMP, SADOWSKI-SYNOTT, WILD
...but they were the athletes!

The Austrian woman who won Gold was Anna GASSER  ;D

PR19_Kit

:thumbsup: for the Henry J Fred.  ;D

Is that a new mould or a re-pop?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

DogfighterZen

So, i have a work mate who's also a modeller and since we found out that we both have this hobby, we've been teaming up to do a couple of buddy builds together. He wants me to build him a Tamiya 1/72 Seiran for a small diorama he's building for it and we've been busy during the night shifts when everything is done and we just have to stay at the office and be on watch for any alarms that may go off on the water reservoirs...
Anyway, i had an Artesania latina balsa wood Cadaqués boat that i'd bought for my dad before his eyes got worse. As he couldn't risk straining his eyes even more, he gave it back to me cause he wouldn't be able to build it.
After i found out my work mate loves ships and all things that float because he was a sailor in the Portuguese navy, i decided to give to him because i know i wouldn't build it.
He was very happy when i gave him the kit and started saying he would also get me something. A few days later he sent me a couple of pics of aircraft kits from guy who's selling his late father's stash and i saw a couple of oldies that got me interested so he told me to choose what i wanted so, after a couple of days he came to work with this baby... :mellow:

All those lovely rivets... :wub:
I'll have to use the Deluxe PP putty so i can keep all of them but i think it'll be just fine. There's something about these old airfix kits that is just pure magic to my eyes. And this is another one that's been around longer than i have, 1975 selection.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"