My stash just grew again. (2022)

Started by seadude, December 30, 2021, 03:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickshaw

I remember that being released.  I have one in the stash...   :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Wardukw

Zen it seems your dad and mine where one in the same sort off.
My dad was a nut about ships especially ships with sails so for xmas one yr i brought him the Billings Boats HMS Victory..the big one..cost me $670.00NZ and he loved it..then he got sick..baddly sick and that turned into a long list.
My mum asked if id build it for him to cheer him up and so i did..OMG!!!.
The most comprehensive and complicated model ive ever made.also the largest.took a yr to build and dad loved it. ;D
Bloody good score on the Widow too..its a classic  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

DogfighterZen

Dang... i must be very tired... fell asleep on my chair in front of the pc...  :banghead:
Rick, the box is showing it's age but the kit is complete and even the decals look good, not yellowed... :thumbsup: but i magine they'll need a coat or 2 of varnish to hold them together.

Wardukw, i've never built a ship or anything else besides planes and i'm sure i wouldn't build the balsa wood model, it just doesn't grab my interest but i do respect the ones who do build these models, they seem pretty hard to build properly.

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

AeroplaneDriver

All the way from Blighty, today I received the lovely Eduard/Brassin F-104 Pylon set.  Now my RAAF Starfighter can get tooled up. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 16, 2022, 11:07:27 AM
:thumbsup: for the Henry J Fred.  ;D

Is that a new mould or a re-pop?

Re-pop.  Mould dates from '69 but they appear to have given it a going over as I couldn't see much flash during my cursory look in the box.
Scalemates says this is the fourth release.  Wheels appear to have changed each time.  This is not uncommon with car kits as it's an easy way to update an old model.
Engine is described on the box side as 427 SOHC.  It bears a resemblance to a Ford Cammer but not so much that Ford could claim royalties.  I'll replace it with something from the engines box.  Small block Chevy or early Hemi maybe.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Gondor

Just received from ebay

1 x 1/72 KP Hawker Tempest F.6 "Silver Wings" KPM0224. Will be made as an F.2 in Silver finish.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on February 17, 2022, 12:35:55 AM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on February 16, 2022, 04:09:44 PM
All those lovely rivets... :wub:

Oh, yeah!

Although i appreciate the most modern kits, these old ones have a charm of their own. They may give us extra work to build but i don't mind. To me it's all part of the hobby. The old Airfix and Monogram kits are part of the hobby's history and i respect them for that so, to me it's like i got the chance to get to know it intimately. :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

NARSES2

Whilst in Newcastle I picked up :-

Airfix 1/72 new tool Mosquito from the toy and collectibles shop in the Grainger Market. My second one. This one will be whiffed, probably just a change of ownership/camouflage but whilst sitting on Newcastle train station waiting for my very late running train (they were all late or cancelled, storm wot's it) I got wondering if a Mosquito bomb bay could be converted to carry a torpedo ?

And from Lee a Revell 1/72 Hunter for one of my Mike M tribute builds  :thumbsup: Cheers Lee
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 17, 2022, 07:26:15 AM

Airfix 1/72 new tool Mosquito from the toy and collectibles shop in the Grainger Market. My second one. This one will be whiffed, probably just a change of ownership/camouflage but whilst sitting on Newcastle train station waiting for my very late running train (they were all late or cancelled, storm wot's it) I got wondering if a Mosquito bomb bay could be converted to carry a torpedo ?

No, but the Sea Mosquito was able to carry them under the fuselage. Just get one of the Freightdog B.XVI sets for the flat bomb bay you would need.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Wardukw

Dogfighter trust me im no ship model builder ..ive built a grand total of 5..all fpr other ppl and 2 of those were radio controlled ..nope its been plane..cars.bikes..trucks and military vehicles and with the wonderful world of wiffy i can now build all at the same time  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Rick Lowe

Quote from: zenrat on February 17, 2022, 02:57:15 AM
.  I'll replace it with something from the engines box.  Small block Chevy or early Hemi maybe.

To modify a line from Tool Time, "A GM or Dodge donk in a Ford? Good thing you don't live in Detriot. That's pretty much a Felony, there."

But I like the way you think...  ;D :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Quote from: Gondor on February 17, 2022, 08:26:49 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on February 17, 2022, 07:26:15 AM

No, but the Sea Mosquito was able to carry them under the fuselage. Just get one of the Freightdog B.XVI sets for the flat bomb bay you would need.

Gondor

Cheers mate  :thumbsup: I've got some Freightdog "goodies" for the first one and they are really nice
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

Snaffled on eBay:
Airfix Blackburn NA39 Buccaneer.

It's the original Prototype version of the S.1.  I have one somewhere in the loft. Can I find it? No. Did some serious searching earlier but no sign. I did find a Frog Canberra I didn't know I had, but no Buccaneers.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

zenrat

Quote from: Rick Lowe on February 17, 2022, 08:25:49 PM
Quote from: zenrat on February 17, 2022, 02:57:15 AM
.  I'll replace it with something from the engines box.  Small block Chevy or early Hemi maybe.

To modify a line from Tool Time, "A GM or Dodge donk in a Ford? Good thing you don't live in Detriot. That's pretty much a Felony, there."

But I like the way you think...  ;D :thumbsup:

Its not a Ford.  It's  Kaiser.  The "ford" engine would have been installed when it was being turned into a Gasser.

Went to the LHS yesterday for some paint.  They had very little.  In fact the shelves were looking worryingly sparse.  The staff blamed this on supply difficulties due to you know what.
I felt moved to not leave empty handed so grabbed this.
Tempest V by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..