Started by seadude, December 30, 2021, 03:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scooter

Quote from: zenrat on February 22, 2022, 01:19:27 AM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on February 21, 2022, 08:08:04 PM
Quote from: zenrat on February 19, 2022, 03:34:23 AM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on February 17, 2022, 08:25:49 PM
Quote from: zenrat on February 17, 2022, 02:57:15 AM
.  I'll replace it with something from the engines box.  Small block Chevy or early Hemi maybe.

To modify a line from Tool Time, "A GM or Dodge donk in a Ford? Good thing you don't live in Detriot. That's pretty much a Felony, there."

But I like the way you think...  ;D :thumbsup:

Its not a Ford.  It's  Kaiser.  The "ford" engine would have been installed when it was being turned into a Gasser.

Oops, my bad - in my defense, it was a (very) quick message posted before the computer time expired at the library, and on a quick inspection looked like a 50's Victoria... I shall do some penance by gazing at pictures of old autos...

That's pleasure not penance.  Penance would be gazing at pictures of modern downmarket Asian SUVs.
:unsure:
Or modern SUVs in general.  Friday, I saw a new Grand Wagoneer in the wild.  And it looked like a Chevy Tahoe/Suburban with more chrome.  Fiat Chrysler could have at least taken some styling cues from the original.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

zenrat

The latest Land Rover Discoverys are a masterpiece of ugliness.  Especially from behind.  I find it hard not vomit when following one.
But for bad design you can'r beat Kia/Hyundai/Haval/Great Wall etc.

I did find myself looking at the front of a Lexus SUV today thinking "that egg timer grille design isn't bad".  I've booked a brain scan for tomorrow to check it's still in there as i'm now worried it's been removed.  Could be the result of concussion.  I did walk into a low branch on Satyrday and nearly knock myself out.  Again.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Lost Cosmonauts

Decals for my Belgian all weather fighter wing DeHavilland DH117 arrived today courtesy of kitbasher (thank you!)

Excitement about getting a bench back actually building kits continues to grow
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete"

Old Wombat

.  I'll replace it with something from the engines box.  Small block Chevy or early Hemi maybe.

To modify a line from Tool Time, "A GM or Dodge donk in a Ford? Good thing you don't live in Detriot. That's pretty much a Felony, there."

Its not a Ford.  It's  Kaiser.  The "ford" engine would have been installed when it was being turned into a Gasser.

Oops, my bad - in my defense, it was a (very) quick message posted before the computer time expired at the library, and on a quick inspection looked like a 50's Victoria... I shall do some penance by gazing at pictures of old autos...

That's pleasure not penance.  Penance would be gazing at pictures of modern downmarket Asian SUVs.

Or the current obscenity masquerading behind the MG badge! :angry: :angry: :angry:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

scooter

Quote from: zenrat on February 22, 2022, 01:51:31 AM
The latest Land Rover Discoverys are a masterpiece of ugliness.  Especially from behind.  I find it hard not vomit when following one.
I find they look like the new Broncos Ford is churning out.  Which leads me to wonder if the new Bronco rusts out as badly as the original
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

NARSES2

Could be the result of concussion.  I did walk into a low branch on Satyrday and nearly knock myself out.  Again.

Same branch ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

Quote from: The Wooksta! on February 21, 2022, 01:41:22 PM
Club night and was given a box of assembled and finished US stuff sans wheels.  I have ZERO interest in anything american but took them as potential scratchbodge fodder.
The box comprised:
Airfix Banshee - repaint as either RN or RAN
Airfix Skyray - that is getting passed on
Hasegawa Panther - repaint as that CAC project that looks very simiar
Unknown P51B Mustang, probably Airfix.  That's getting passed on.

The Banshee did give me an idea for a potential reusre of the fuselage for a Hawker project. P.1048 I think.

A Banshee fuselage, with some reworking, is about right for the P.1048. The rest is doable from a set of Novo Sea Hawk wings and tailplanes, a Hasegawa Mohawk centre section, a Swift nose and some 3d printed engines, which are also useful for a P.1056.
The Skyray has also provided the tip tanks for the stretched DH110 proposed for GOR.339.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

The Wooksta!

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 22, 2022, 05:56:50 AM
Could be the result of concussion.  I did walk into a low branch on Satyrday and nearly knock myself out.  Again.

Same branch ?

No, it has a degree in computer science!
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Leading Observer

Delivery from Airfix today a Sea Harrier FRS.1 and their Aircraft Mystery box which turned out to be the E.E Lightning F.2A Starter set, Spitfire Vc and P-51D Mustang :thumbsup:
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

AeroplaneDriver

From Hobbylinc, Kinetic 1/48 M-346. 

Seems a lovely little kit and typical of Kinetic comes loaded with lots of stores and M-346 would never carry like AMRAAMs. 

I bought this one specifically to end up as an Irish Air FORCE aircraft after Alenia proposed it as a solution to Ireland's recent recognized need for an air defence aircraft. 

I still think F-16s, Gripens, or Typhoons are more likely if it ever happens but I like the idea of this Whif. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Old Wombat on February 22, 2022, 05:19:46 AM

Or the current obscenity masquerading behind the MG badge! :angry: :angry: :angry:

;D ;D ;D

Gondor

Received today from eBay

1 x 1/72 Aeroclub XA1 Canberra Nose Conversion kit.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Gondor on February 23, 2022, 11:34:17 AM

Is that the one for the goldfish bowl cockpit Airfix B6?

If so, it's a ZINGER of a conversion kit, and I'm amazed you found one!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 23, 2022, 11:56:51 AM
Quote from: Gondor on February 23, 2022, 11:34:17 AM

Is that the one for the goldfish bowl cockpit Airfix B6?

If so, it's a ZINGER of a conversion kit, and I'm amazed you found one!

Yes it is and so am I.

I have Aeroclub as a search on eBay and get daily updates of the newest addition to the site. I only had to bid twice getting it for £16 which I think is a fair price if not slightly cheap considering what it is.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Dizzyfugu

A Heller Bloch 152, to be converted into "something different".  ;D