My stash just grew again. (2022)

Started by seadude, December 30, 2021, 03:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McColm

Airfix 00/ho Station booking hall, Revell glue and puty.
Two 00gauge SuperQuick  platform kits. And  another railway terminus station.

The Wooksta!

Quote from: Gondor on February 23, 2022, 01:37:28 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 23, 2022, 11:56:51 AM
Quote from: Gondor on February 23, 2022, 11:34:17 AM

1 x 1/72 Aeroclub XA1 Canberra Nose Conversion kit.

Is that the one for the goldfish bowl cockpit Airfix B6?

If so, it's a ZINGER of a conversion kit, and I'm amazed you found one!

Yes it is and so am I.

I have Aeroclub as a search on eBay and get daily updates of the newest addition to the site. I only had to bid twice getting it for £16 which I think is a fair price if not slightly cheap considering what it is.

Gondor

I saw that one and choked on my tea when I saw the price. For what it is, way too pricey. TBH, you can cut the cockpit hole out on a Frog or Novo B(I).8 as only the canopy changed, not the nose section.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

From the BIG yellow H

1 x 1/72 AZ Models AZ7654 DH-103 Hornet FR.Mk.4

The above was a reason to have a box to transport some Revell Contacta Professional, and there happened to be a set of

1 x 1/72 Quinta Studio F-4J Interior 3D Decals for a real world F-4J I have somewhere  :unsure:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Gondor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on February 24, 2022, 07:05:36 AM

I saw that one and choked on my tea when I saw the price. For what it is, way too pricey. TBH, you can cut the cockpit hole out on a Frog or Novo B(I).8 as only the canopy changed, not the nose section.

I can't do something which I don't know about or don't have. Are you suggestint that the nose from the Frog or Novo Canberra be used on the Airfix Kit, swap the fuselages and use the Airfix wings and canopy or just find a vac form canopy to use on the Fron/Novo kits?

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

The Wooksta!

TBH, not many people do know. A mate was told by John Adams and I trust both sources.

No.  You don't need to cut any noses off or even cross kit at all. The fuselage  and nose profile of the B(I).8 is the same as the standard bomber canopy. The only difference is the location, shape and size of the canopy.  I have both of the High Planes Canberrra kits, and the 8 has the same fuselage as the fishbowl, all they give you is a resin piece to plug the gap. 

May be worth using the vacform nose as a template to mark the position of the goldfish bowl on either the Airfix or Frog B.(I).8, although the latter are easier and cheaper to buy. The Frog kit has a decent enough outline but the detail is a bit woolly.  Not sure how easy it is to find vacform canopies for goldfish bowl cranberries though. Are they on a Falcon set?

Can't speak for the US Canberrra variants, but apparently the Italeri kit isn't very accurate.

"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

McColm

I have placed an order with Kingkit for two boneyard  1/72 kits;
Avro Shackleton MR.3
Lockheed C-130H

The wings, engines and landing gear will be going on the 1/72 Sanger Avro Lincoln.
The engines from the C-130H will be going on the C-160 and there might be a twin engined C-130.

I have found a 1/72 C-160 in the spares repair section,  so I can use the wing on the C-130H .
I had a delivery this morning and the Avro Shackleton MR.3 has only one wing.So the Avro Lincoln AEW. 3 is still on hold.

Gondor

Quote from: McColm on February 25, 2022, 12:20:32 AM
I have placed an order with Kingkit for two spares or repair 1/72 kits;
Avro Shackleton MR.3
Lockheed C-130H

The wings, engines and landing gear will be going on the 1/72 Sanger Avro Lincoln.
The engines from the C-130H will be going on the C-160 and there might be a twin engined C-130.

So your building a C-130 L-400 then?

Gondor

McColm

Quote from: Gondor on February 25, 2022, 12:29:25 AM
Avro Shackleton MR.3
Lockheed C-130H

Gondor
Yes with a pair of Rolls-Royce Tyne engines!

Gondor

Quote from: McColm on February 25, 2022, 03:00:52 AM
Avro Shackleton MR.3
Lockheed C-130H

Gondor

Thought that might be the intention without knowing what the aircraft was called.

Gondor

McColm

Quote from: Gondor on February 25, 2022, 10:05:37 AM
Quote from: McColm on February 25, 2022, 03:00:52 AM
Avro Shackleton MR.3
Lockheed C-130H

Gondor

Thought that might be the intention without knowing what the aircraft was called.

Gondor
Tyrone came into my head,  if the engines are as loud as the ones on the C-130 then Tydrone ;D

Gondor

Just received some construction material from Hobbies

1 x Super Styrene Round Tube - 16.00mm x 14.00mm x 330mm

1 x Super Styrene Round Tube - 14.00mm x 12.00mm x 330mm   

1 x Super Styrene Round Tube - 12.00mm x 10.00mm x 330mm

Gondor

sandiego89

Happy with my haul today at the IPMS Richmond, Virginia show today.

Most were $3-5.  I am a sucker for cheap kits.  The B-1A was my "splurge" at $12. 

Got my Flat top Vigilante we were just discussing! 

Vacuform Fireball for $1- I may have overspent! 

Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Wardukw

Man i wish we had meetings like that here and if we did I'll guaranty tjey prices wont be that cheap.
Well done on the hord mate  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Good score mate.
One i'm jealous about is the S6b.
Thats a huge box for a 1/72 Fokker Triplane.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..