My stash just grew again. (2022)

Started by seadude, December 30, 2021, 03:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Some items arrived today......

One from eBay, a 1/72 Revell Hunter F.6 as I felt I was lacking earlier versions of this aircraft. To go with this I just won a Wolfpack Hunter F.1/2/4/5 conversion set.

Two orders from the BIG H arrived as well.

1 x 1/72 Special Hobby SH 72415 Vautour IIB "French Jet Bomber" which is for my Israeli collection

1 x 1/72 Model Alliance Decals MA-72136 Senior Service Hawker Hunters. I have a Hunter F.6 earmarked to be a G.11 and a T.7 that is to become a T.8M and needed decals for them both.

1 x 1/72 Quickboost QB 72 655 F-4 Phantom II Cockpit Dorsal Part. The bit behind the canopies and the long straight spine of the F-4

1 x 1/72 Flightpath Hawker Hunter Access Ladder & FOD guard set

1 x 1/72 Aircraft In Miniature GE72110. A single 3D printed Hunter or Harrier Crew Access Ladder

There are also three Tempests that were not delivered today despite two boxes being delivered to my neighbour at the same time and posting another box through my door. Will have a terse discussion on Friday with the sorting office.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

I thought my stash was large at over 1000 at the last census, but it pales into nothingness besides OGL's, which is causing serious problems with sink holes appearing all over Northants!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

JayBee

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 09, 2022, 12:04:50 PM
I thought my stash was large at over 1000 at the last census, but it pales into nothingness besides OGL's, which is causing serious problems with sink holes appearing all over Northants!  :o
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Rheged on March 09, 2022, 08:22:02 AM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on March 09, 2022, 06:03:01 AM

And the one i received in that box made my stash count go over 200 kits... this has to stop...  :angel: :wacko:

Panto season is late this year......altogether now "Oh no it doesn't"

;D ;D ;D

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on March 09, 2022, 09:05:23 AM
Common excuse used by model builders..
Some is nice ..more is better  :thumbsup: :wacko:

Isn't it always?  :angel: ;D ;D ;D
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 09, 2022, 12:04:50 PM

Not just Northants, but there have been reports of seismic events in Warwick's, Leicester, Rutland, Cambs', Bed's, Ox', Buck's and Linc's as well as half the other light infantry regiments in the British Army  :angel: Apparently the local office of the Government Disaster's Agency has to be informed every time there is a planned movement so as to put services on standby  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

As long as the local concentrations of styrene do not rip the tissue of time and space apart and anything disappears in black hole with a dull "Plop" sound, everything is safe.  ;)

Rheged

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on March 10, 2022, 12:40:27 AM
As long as the local concentrations of styrene do not rip the tissue of time and space apart and anything disappears in black hole with a dull "Plop" sound, everything is safe.  ;)

Equally likely is the possibility of putting in so much material that unexpected items spontaneously generate within the stash.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Pellson

Quote from: Rheged on March 10, 2022, 04:17:06 AM

Equally likely is the possibility of putting in so much material that unexpected items spontaneously generate within the stash.

Hmmm.. Interesting.. Do you think that could be reached by stacking the stashTM content tighter, or is it dependent on a minimum critical mass, i.e number of kits..? ;)
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Old Wombat

Apparently my stash is nudging the limit, as we had a magnitude 3.8 earthquake up here on the 6th of March. :o

The Vulcan is a nice looking kit in the box, by the way. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

If you guys with the huge piles just evenly distributed thru out the house/workshop/both you wouldnt have to worry that much about seismic activity dew to a even balance of the tectonic plates..its rather quite simple really . ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on March 10, 2022, 03:21:11 PM
If you guys with the huge piles just evenly distributed thru out the house/workshop/both you wouldnt have to worry that much about seismic activity dew to a even balance of the tectonic plates..its rather quite simple really . ;D

;D :thumbsup:

Gondor

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on March 10, 2022, 03:21:11 PM

If you guys with the huge piles....

I got an ointment from that from my Doctor....

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Wardukw

Oh thats good news Gondor mate..that must have been bloody uncomfortable  :lol:
Never had em myself so i am only guessin here  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Quote from: Pellson on March 10, 2022, 06:17:59 AM
Quote from: Rheged on March 10, 2022, 04:17:06 AM

Hmmm.. Interesting.. Do you think that could be reached by stacking the stashTM content tighter, or is it dependent on a minimum critical mass, i.e number of kits..? ;)

Are we positing something similar to Terry Pratchet's L Space theories?
Something along the lines of create a stash big enough and it will distort time and space allowing access to all potential stashes across multiple universes wherein any kit which may potentially exist can be found.
S Space?

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Nick

Quote from: zenrat on March 11, 2022, 02:03:36 AM

Are we positing something similar to Terry Pratchet's L Space theories?
Something along the lines of create a stash big enough and it will distort time and space allowing access to all potential stashes across multiple universes wherein any kit which may potentially exist can be found.
S Space?

In which case it could be possible to wander in the highest reaches of Kits attic and reappear in the darkest part of Martins freight containers. Oook!