Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Quote from: The Wooksta! on March 31, 2022, 07:29:07 AM
Quote from: Lost Cosmonauts on March 30, 2022, 02:00:25 AM
Quote from: Gondor on March 29, 2022, 01:44:21 PM
You could always use this with the Victor

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/304417521205?hash=item46e0b2be35:g:jNQAAOSwm6ZiQg5R

Gondor

I might go a couple of steps further and print a new fuselage to do the supersonic development

The fuselage isn't the issue,. The tail cone and airbrake is appalling and the fit of the outer wing to the inner is vile too.

I'll second that.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Weaver

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 30, 2022, 05:37:13 AM
Quote from: Weaver on March 30, 2022, 04:16:35 AM
From Special Hobby's Ukraine charity sale (all 1/72nd):

Bugatti 100 Racer  :wub:

Must admit I'm sorely tempted

It's a pretty little thing and no mistake. I could see a post-war one with the one of those tiny French turbojets in a pod on top of the fuselage, replacing the piston engines.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Wardukw

In the mail this morning...
1/48th Hasagawa Kyushu J7W1 Shinden.
Cheapest one ive ever seen ..normally these are over $80 here and i couldnt say no to one when its price is only $35   :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

DogfighterZen

Well, i can say that today was a spite full day for me, no doubt...  ;D
First and foremost, a true gift pack from our esteemed colleague Lee, A.K.A. The Wooksta...

1x AZ 1/72 Spiteful full kit
3x Resin fuselage, wings, stabs, carb intakes, etc.
2x Vacform (What i believe to be) Rareplanes Spiteful/Seafang kits
Various canopies and decal sheets

All i can say is i'm truly grateful and forever in debt...  :bow: :bow: :bow: :cheers:

And a week ago, i was going through the Superhobby site for a Quickboost 1/48 Spitfire F.22 Prop, and was also in the mood, i found the Trumpeter 1/48 Spiteful kit at a good price so that one came along. :mellow:

That makes for 40 prop planes in the stash and the end of my prop hunt... for now. :wacko:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Gondor

Arrived this morning

2 x 1/72 KP Hawker Tempest F.2 Spare parts from Narses2 so I can flesh out a pair of Sabre Engines

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Old Wombat

Quote from: Old Wombat on March 26, 2022, 03:23:57 AM
1 x MAiM 1/35 Zombie - Moonwalker (1 Figure) (MAIM35241) - Post-Apocalyptic Diorama
1 x Evolution Miniatures 1/35 Stalker #1 (Post Apocalyptic) (EM-35150) - Post-Apocalyptic Diorama
1 x Evolution Miniatures 1/35 Stalker #2 (Post Apocalyptic) (EM-35151) - Post-Apocalyptic Diorama
1 x Evolution Miniatures 1/35 Post Apocalyptic Stalker Metro (2 figures) (EM-35183) - Post-Apocalyptic Diorama
1 x Vallejo 1/35 Rubble Street Section Diorama Base 14 x 14 cm (5.51 x 5.51 in) (AV SC002) - Post-Apocalyptic Diorama
1 x Meng 1/35 Israeli Heavy Armoured Personnel Carrier Namer (MENG-SS018) - NON-Post-Apocalyptic Diorama (probably ;))
2 x Aber 1/48 Barrel for 40mm Bofors Anti Aircraft Gun (AB 48L-30) - Whif WW2 Aircraft modification

This lot arrived yesterday.

The Moonwalker zombie from MAiM is better than I expected & has been added to my zombie collection.
The Evolution Miniatures Stalker figures will probably get modified to have more "Western" gas masks & weapons but, otherwise, they're excellent little kits; pity they'll become harder to get with Russia allowing itself to become such an international economic pariah.
The Vallejo Dio Base will need me to be in top form for my painting & finishing skills but will be perfect for the figures I have for it.

Not displeased with this purchase at all! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on April 02, 2022, 05:31:57 AM

Well that's always a good start  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

1 x MAiM 1/35 Zombie - Moonwalker (1 Figure) (MAIM35241) - Post-Apocalyptic Diorama
1 x Evolution Miniatures 1/35 Stalker #1 (Post Apocalyptic) (EM-35150) - Post-Apocalyptic Diorama
1 x Evolution Miniatures 1/35 Stalker #2 (Post Apocalyptic) (EM-35151) - Post-Apocalyptic Diorama
1 x Evolution Miniatures 1/35 Post Apocalyptic Stalker Metro (2 figures) (EM-35183) - Post-Apocalyptic Diorama
1 x Vallejo 1/35 Rubble Street Section Diorama Base 14 x 14 cm (5.51 x 5.51 in) (AV SC002) - Post-Apocalyptic Diorama
1 x Meng 1/35 Israeli Heavy Armoured Personnel Carrier Namer (MENG-SS018) - NON-Post-Apocalyptic Diorama (probably ;))
2 x Aber 1/48 Barrel for 40mm Bofors Anti Aircraft Gun (AB 48L-30) - Whif WW2 Aircraft modification

The Moonwalker zombie from MAiM is better than I expected & has been added to my zombie collection.
The Evolution Miniatures Stalker figures will probably get modified to have more "Western" gas masks & weapons but, otherwise, they're excellent little kits; pity they'll become harder to get with Russia allowing itself to become such an international economic pariah.
The Vallejo Dio Base will need me to be in top form for my painting & finishing skills but will be perfect for the figures I have for it.

Saw these and thought of you:
https://www.hannants.co.uk/search/index.php?adv=1&product_category_id=&product_division_id=&manufacturer_id=8106&product_type_id=all_figure&code=&scale_id=954&keyword_search=Skull+clan+raid&setPerPage=100&sort=0&search_direction=asc&save_search_name=&save_search=
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

The Wooksta!

Quote from: DogfighterZen on April 01, 2022, 06:41:00 PM
Well, i can say that today was a spite full day for me, no doubt...  ;D
First and foremost, a true gift pack from our esteemed colleague Lee, A.K.A. The Wooksta...

1x AZ 1/72 Spiteful full kit
3x Resin fuselage, wings, stabs, carb intakes, etc.
2x Vacform (What i believe to be) Rareplanes Spiteful/Seafang kits
Various canopies and decal sheets

All i can say is i'm truly grateful and forever in debt...  :bow: :bow: :bow: :cheers:

And a week ago, i was going through the Superhobby site for a Quickboost 1/48 Spitfire F.22 Prop, and was also in the mood, i found the Trumpeter 1/48 Spiteful kit at a good price so that one came along. :mellow:

That makes for 40 prop planes in the stash and the end of my prop hunt... for now. :wacko:

The resin bits are a cleaned up and reworked Pegasus kit, with other bits dropped into rubber. I still have the moulds and masters should I go back to them, so I basically cleared out all the spare resin bits lying about, plus two of the three Rareplanes ones I had and won't build.  You'll still need to find a few bits, but you've got a good basis there.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

DogfighterZen

Quote from: The Wooksta! on April 02, 2022, 07:12:10 AM
The resin bits are a cleaned up and reworked Pegasus kit, with other bits dropped into rubber. I still have the moulds and masters should I go back to them, so I basically cleared out all the spare resin bits lying about, plus two of the three Rareplanes ones I had and won't build.  You'll still need to find a few bits, but you've got a good basis there.

Great stuff! More than enough to keep me satisfied of all my Spiteful needs.   :cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

The Wooksta!

You may need a good primer with some of the resin parts, certainly the more dappled marbled ones as it was the end of the tin and didn't quite mix.  A good wash and automotive primer should help.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Old Wombat

Quote from: Mossie on April 02, 2022, 06:49:47 AM

Saw these and thought of you:
https://www.hannants.co.uk/search/index.php?adv=1&product_category_id=&product_division_id=&manufacturer_id=8106&product_type_id=all_figure&code=&scale_id=954&keyword_search=Skull+clan+raid&setPerPage=100&sort=0&search_direction=asc&save_search_name=&save_search=

Hmmm, I must be getting even more predictable than usual; I have all four in the stash. ;) :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

AeroplaneDriver

A nice arrival from Hobbylinc today....1/48 Kinetic Super Etendard. 

Looks a nice kit in the box though with markings for two of the updated Modernise versions in Afghanistan and Syria theater markings it would be nice to have some more modern/germane ordnance instead of just Exocets. 

Not that it matters since my current plan is for this to be a 1/48 redo of my old RAN 1/72 SuE.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

kerick

At my club meeting a couple weeks ago we had a white elephant gift exchange that had been rescheduled a couple of times since Christmas. I gave away an old 1/32nd scale Revell Mustang (it was covered in rivets the size of softballs!) and another old kit. I received an Italiari Leopard 1 tank.
Last meeting a member brought in three boxes of kits all 1/72. They were from a friend of his that had passed away. I brought home an F-14D, F-18E, F-80, and a P-38 all for free. Not like I needed them but hey why not. So now I have no need to buy anything for quite a while!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

The Wooksta!

Ebay said I won that Maquette Su-9 I was bidding on - P6 donor - and it would appear to be from Bungle of this here parish.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan: