My stash just grew again. (2022)

Started by seadude, December 30, 2021, 03:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Kerick ive had 6 of the italeri Leo1 in 35th..strange but only one ended up being a Leo 1 MBT  :wacko:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on April 04, 2022, 06:52:42 PM
Kerick ive had 6 of the italeri Leo1 in 35th..strange but only one ended up being a Leo 1 MBT  :wacko:

Strange for who? :unsure:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

McColm

Arrived this morning, bought very cheap on ebay.

Does this make it a whiff even before I start to build it?

Pellson

Quote from: McColm on April 05, 2022, 02:51:41 AM
Arrived this morning, bought very cheap on ebay.

Does this make it a whiff even before I start to build it?

That's a catch indeed! In my book, there's no better "Vulcan II" available.  :wub:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

zenrat

From BNA model world I received a bag of heads (1/35, resin, caucasian, various haircuts & expressions - Hornet Models) and this by AFV Club.

WC-51 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kerick

That Dodge could be quite a nice project! Lots of cargo in the back or some Vietnam hillbilly armor gun truck.

BTW I also brought home a nice looking Huey Cobra kit from the club meeting I previously mentioned.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Gondor

Got home to a packet from the BIG yellow H today

1 x 1/72 Almark A37 Israeli Air Force Badges as I can't find the set I have and at only £2.99 why not?

1 x 1/72 Xtradecal X72167 BAe Hawk T.Mk.1/2 Black For a Freightdog Hawks T. Mk.2

1 x 1/48 Xtradecal X48130 Supermarine Spitfire Mks.XIV-XVIII As I have the Airfix FR XIV in the stash

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Wardukw

Quote from: Old Wombat on April 05, 2022, 02:50:49 AM
Well strange for normal ppl i surppose  :lol:
What scares me is ive still got model tanks i havent wiffied and their built too..still theres no guarantee they'll stay that way  ;)

Oh in the mail...one brand new formula 180 series airbrush  ;D
And this is for all you blokes..my mate Dale gave a roll of painters masking tape..nothing super there..what is super is its exactly the same as Tamiyas tapes..same colour..thickness and stickiness and its 35mm wide...chuffed to bits on this gift .

I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on April 05, 2022, 02:06:06 PM
Quote from: Old Wombat on April 05, 2022, 02:50:49 AM
Well strange for normal ppl i surppose  :lol:
What scares me is ive still got model tanks i havent wiffied and their built too..still theres no guarantee they'll stay that way  ;)

Oh in the mail...one brand new formula 180 series airbrush  ;D
And this is for all you blokes..my mate Dale gave a roll of painters masking tape..nothing super there..what is super is its exactly the same as Tamiyas tapes..same colour..thickness and stickiness and its 35mm wide...chuffed to bits on this gift .

Yeah, I found the same tape in one of the local Emporia (Pete's, IIRC) for cheap - works just as well as the more expensive stuff and being wider (Much wider!) is more versatile for masking things other than stripes.

Wardukw

Yeah Rick..no more multiple bits of tape for a canopy now  ;D

The Wooksta!

The Su-9 arrived this morning with extras!  Two resin Lightning T-bird fuselages (Final Touch, T4 and T5) and two vac form T-bird noses. I think they're Airmodel, but as they're in black plastic, I'm not so sure.

Nonetheless, they are VERY welcome. The vac form bits will feed into the T-bird P8s planned, whilst the resin ones may end up German.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

If they're black they may be from the Tandair T4/5 conversion. I've got a couple of them and they're all in black.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

Possible. I've never seen it. It has intake ducting and bullet which I can't find remember the Airmodel one having.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

PR19_Kit

Yes, that sounds like the Tandair one.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

The intake ring looks a bit undernourished, so I'm toying with a two seat P6 instead.

That lead to other ideas, involving a TSR2 wing, a Hunter T-bird front end and a P-8 undercarriage module.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan: