My stash just grew again. (2022)

Started by seadude, December 30, 2021, 03:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

From UK Evil-Bay - a Quick Boost Sea Vixen nose.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

The Wooksta!

It's for the Dragon one, but will also fix the Frog kit.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

zenrat

Label says for Cyber Hobby, which is the Revell black box kit.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

The Wooksta!

"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

zenrat

Fred

Dizzyfugu

Nice ev!lbay win: a Heller "Patrouille de France" set with a 1:72 Magister, Ouragan and Alpha Jet for just EUR 14,-.  :lol:

The Alpha Jet might end up as the navalized proposal for the USN trainer that eventually spawned the T-45, no ideas for the rest yet.  :rolleyes:

Gondor

Just arrived in the post today and all from Air-Graphics Models

1 x 1/72 BAe Hawk Aden Gun Pod AC-005. Because I bought a Revell Red Arrows Hawk kit not realising it would not have the gun in the box
1 x 1/72 BAe T-59 Hawk 67 Nose Conversion Set AC-037. Korean Hawk nose but not going to be Korean
1 x 1/72 BAe Hawk T.1 Weapons Pylon Set AC-282. Same reason as the Gun pack.
1 x 1/72 BAe Hawk 60/100 200 Gallon Fuel Tank AC-288. As with all the above this is for one build.
And this will interest Zak
1 x 1/72 A-4K Kahu Skyhawk Conversion Set CS-31

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Old Wombat

Just ordered from BNA Model World:

1 x Eduard 1/48 WWII Japanese Mitsubishi A6M2 Zero Type 21 [ProfiPACK] (ED 82212) - OoB for my Single Engine Fighters Collection
1 x Eduard 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf 109G-10 ERLA [Weekend Edition] (ED 84174) - OoB for my Single Engine Fighters Collection
1 x Eduard 1/48 WWI British Sopwith F.1 Camel (BR.1) [ProfiPACK] (ED 82171) - either Royal Australian Navy/Marines Air Service
1 x Tamiya 1/12 Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird (TM 14070) - this one's for a work mate who owns one of these bikes & wants to build a model of it (I have a feeling it may come
                                                                                                   back to me to rectify/rebuild at some stage)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

The Wooksta!

Quote from: The Wooksta! on April 02, 2022, 07:12:10 AM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on April 01, 2022, 06:41:00 PM
Well, i can say that today was a spite full day for me, no doubt...  ;D
First and foremost, a true gift pack from our esteemed colleague Lee, A.K.A. The Wooksta...

1x AZ 1/72 Spiteful full kit
3x Resin fuselage, wings, stabs, carb intakes, etc.
2x Vacform (What i believe to be) Rareplanes Spiteful/Seafang kits
Various canopies and decal sheets

All i can say is i'm truly grateful and forever in debt...  :bow: :bow: :bow: :cheers:

And a week ago, i was going through the Superhobby site for a Quickboost 1/48 Spitfire F.22 Prop, and was also in the mood, i found the Trumpeter 1/48 Spiteful kit at a good price so that one came along. :mellow:

That makes for 40 prop planes in the stash and the end of my prop hunt... for now. :wacko:

The resin bits are a cleaned up and reworked Pegasus kit, with other bits dropped into rubber. I still have the moulds and masters should I go back to them, so I basically cleared out all the spare resin bits lying about, plus two of the three Rareplanes ones I had and won't build.  You'll still need to find a few bits, but you've got a good basis there.

The fuller decal sheet is from the AZ kit, the other ones are from the Pegasus kit.  May need a tad varnish before use else they'll disintegrate when threatened with water.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on April 09, 2022, 10:03:39 AM

1 x Eduard 1/48 WWII Japanese Mitsubishi A6M2 Zero Type 21 [ProfiPACK] (ED 82212) - OoB for my Single Engine Fighters Collection

Be interested in your opinion once you get it. It's had rave reviews in the modelling mags.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Pellson

Won at bargain price from Evilbay, in a glaring exception from the current self inflicted model procurement ban (stash/building ratio is outright awful); a 1996 Heller boxing of the Airfix moulding of the Alphajet, boosted with two LAU-10 pods with frangible caps, four BL755 cluster bombs and some extra pylons and racks.
The Alphajet will probably become a semi-RW Belgian trainer while there's so much use for the spares that I ought to learn how to duplicate them..  :rolleyes:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Old Wombat

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 10, 2022, 12:55:51 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on April 09, 2022, 10:03:39 AM

Be interested in your opinion once you get it. It's had rave reviews in the modelling mags.

I'll give you the usual On Request In-Box Review; as always, "When will it be built?" is a question with a very open ended answer. ;) :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

Brings something backntonthe memory banks Guy with your Propack type 2 Zero..one day i want to score a Propack Mig 21 ..the amount of goodies you get with the model is surpurb  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

DogfighterZen

Quote from: The Wooksta! on April 09, 2022, 02:22:30 PM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on April 02, 2022, 07:12:10 AM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on April 01, 2022, 06:41:00 PM
Well, i can say that today was a spite full day for me, no doubt...  ;D
First and foremost, a true gift pack from our esteemed colleague Lee, A.K.A. The Wooksta...

1x AZ 1/72 Spiteful full kit
3x Resin fuselage, wings, stabs, carb intakes, etc.
2x Vacform (What i believe to be) Rareplanes Spiteful/Seafang kits
Various canopies and decal sheets

All i can say is i'm truly grateful and forever in debt...  :bow: :bow: :bow: :cheers:

And a week ago, i was going through the Superhobby site for a Quickboost 1/48 Spitfire F.22 Prop, and was also in the mood, i found the Trumpeter 1/48 Spiteful kit at a good price so that one came along. :mellow:

That makes for 40 prop planes in the stash and the end of my prop hunt... for now. :wacko:

The resin bits are a cleaned up and reworked Pegasus kit, with other bits dropped into rubber. I still have the moulds and masters should I go back to them, so I basically cleared out all the spare resin bits lying about, plus two of the three Rareplanes ones I had and won't build.  You'll still need to find a few bits, but you've got a good basis there.

The fuller decal sheet is from the AZ kit, the other ones are from the Pegasus kit.  May need a tad varnish before use else they'll disintegrate when threatened with water.

:thumbsup:
Thanks for the tips on the resin kits, I've a few in the stash but never built a full resin kit so i appreciate all the help I can get.
Regarding the decals, i have the deluxe liquid decal film so i'll spray some of that before using them.
I've actually started to clean up on of the resin fuselages. I chose the best of the 3 and kept that one for a future build so the other two are going to be training builds. :mellow:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Wardukw

If ya need help with building full resin models Zen give us a yell..ive built 9 full resin tanks and trucks and ive got a Legend Maxpro MRAP to build to at some point  ;D
Building tanks and the like will be pretty much the same as building aircraft.
Same prep and glues .
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .