My stash just grew again. (2022)

Started by seadude, December 30, 2021, 03:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on April 11, 2022, 09:39:28 PM
Get the 2 part epoxy in the twin tubes with one plunger..super easy to use and as for CA ..i use Zap..but any quality CA will work fine and ya fav LHS should have it  :thumbsup:
Martin whe has a youtube channel called Nightshift ( very good dude ) uses this black CA ..i want to try that ..its so good to work with and i want some .

That black CA is becoming famous... i'll have to get some to see what the fuss is about... ;) I know those two part epoxy plungers, they should be easy to find, thanks!  :thumbsup:
I also think i've seen a video or two from that guy's channel... if that's the same guy, he's good. :mellow:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Wardukw

Welcome matey  ;D
Yeah the last vid he did was on a WW1 male tank..its a pretty good model for sure.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Dizzyfugu

A Heller 1:72 Spitfire LF.16 for a semi-historic post-war livery variant. There are certainly better kits of this version (e. g. from Eduard), but I do not want to shell out EUR 25,- or more for a small and simple model - the Heller kit for just EUR 7,- is "enough".

And an Airfix D.H. Vampire FB.5; it's actually the Heller kit, but I went for the Airfix boxing because of the Swedish decals. It will probably end up in the hands of a more exotic operator, though.  ;)

kitbasher

Yep, the Heller Spit 16 is one of those kits that is ideal for chopping up and rearranging, or for just having some basic modelling fun with and maybe stretching modelling skills at the same time.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Howard of Effingham

Couple of ICM 1/48 Firebee drones added to the stash.

One example of the KDA-1/Q-2A and one of the BQM-34A/Q-2C.

The BQM-34 has two examples of the type in the box.

Detailed little kits.
Keeper of George the Cat.

Gondor

From the BIG yellow H

1 x 1/72 Hobby 2000 (ex Hasegawa) A-4E Skyhawk. I got the A-4K and realised that I didnt have a kit to put it onto  :banghead:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Wardukw

In the mail this morning from a bloody good friend down in Wellington ..

1x 1/48th Hasegawa P38J Lighting 'Virginia May'
1x 1/48th P47D-25 Thunderbolt

Gotta love a b day present this good  :thumbsup:

Gondor mate...are you getting a wee bit forgetful dude ??...not like i can talk..my god!!  I think my brain goes on holiday somedays and doesn't tell me  :lol: 
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

The Wooksta!

One of the few Mosquito decal sheets I haven't got arrived today, snagged from eBay. Covers various aircraft flown by Polish pilots, including one from an. Xtradecal sheet that was incorrect.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Old Wombat

Quote from: Old Wombat on April 09, 2022, 10:03:39 AM
1 x Eduard 1/48 WWII Japanese Mitsubishi A6M2 Zero Type 21 [ProfiPACK] (ED 82212) - OoB for my Single Engine Fighters Collection
1 x Eduard 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf 109G-10 ERLA [Weekend Edition] (ED 84174) - OoB for my Single Engine Fighters Collection
1 x Eduard 1/48 WWI British Sopwith F.1 Camel (BR.1) [ProfiPACK] (ED 82171) - either Royal Australian Navy/Marines Air Service
1 x Tamiya 1/12 Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird (TM 14070) - this one's for a work mate who owns one of these bikes & wants to build a model of it (I have a feeling it may come
                                                                                                   back to me to rectify/rebuild at some stage)

These arrived at the Post Office today, unfortunately I couldn't get in to pick them up. Now have to wait until Tuesday.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

Yeah its good friday here today to Guy and everything is shut today..so glad i have a model to work on today  ;D

Gondor

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on April 13, 2022, 05:31:24 PM

Gondor mate...are you getting a wee bit forgetful dude ??...not like i can talk..my god!!  I think my brain goes on holiday somedays and doesn't tell me  :lol:

No more than usual. The decals are all paid for, both styles of camouflage as I have not made up my mind which to go for and those I don't use can go on something else. Their delivery will be slightly delayed as John of Oldmodels has had a mild case of Covid which is delaying their postage which I assured him was no problem at all.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Spey_Phantom

placed a new online order  :mellow:

-HobbyBoss 1/144 Shaanxi Y-8 (Antonov AN-12)
-A-model 1/144 Let L-410UVT (2-kits in box)
-Valom 1/144 T-6G texan "Camouflage"
-Bleu Rider 1/72 Belgian Air Force WW1 decals
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Gondor

From eBay

1 x 1/72 Fantasy Printshop AIRfile Decals FPAF 72-002: Decal set with options for 27 different twin seat Hawker Hunters

Gondor

AeroplaneDriver

Got back from a few days in England to find the nice man from the Post Office had left me a 1/48 Fujimi Gazelle. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

DogfighterZen

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on April 15, 2022, 11:56:34 AM
Got back from a few days in England to find the nice man from the Post Office had left me a 1/48 Fujimi Gazelle.

Very good selection, mate!  :thumbsup: I also have one of those in the stash but they seem to be hard to find at reasonable prices. :banghead:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"