My stash just grew again. (2022)

Started by seadude, December 30, 2021, 03:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on April 21, 2022, 10:49:47 PM
After the frist time we went we used to say got go visit the Empire .
Im bloody surprised we didnt have to get down on one knee and bow to our overlords.

Don't give them any more ideas!

zenrat

:lol: Fred ...yep i have every intention to give it up but that intention is way down my to do list  :thumbsup: ;D...

Hardest thing I ever did.  But worth it.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Rheged

Quote from: zenrat on April 22, 2022, 05:19:19 AM
:lol: Fred ...yep i have every intention to give it up but that intention is way down my to do list  :thumbsup: ;D...

Hardest thing I ever did.  But worth it.

I never could afford to start!  I had to put diesel in a shard Land Rover, colour film in a camera and port and lemons into a selection of dubious girlfriends...............so there was no money left for ciggies.

I do know people who are experts at giving up smoking, as they've done it so many times!     I f  you do decide to quit, you can be assured of lots of support here.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Wardukw

Like a line i heard many yrs ago .. AAs for quiters even tho i dont drink and havent for over 30yrs and that i dont miss at all .
One wee problem i do have i inherited from my dad..anger and when the anger gets loose i dont turn green but its bloody close and nothing else ive tryed will relax me than a smoke .
i dont know If its mental or physical but i do feel it going thru me so to speck but at some point it will get to expensive so ill give vapeing ago once ive checked the hell out of it and thanks for the support offers..they will needed im pretty sure  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

The Wooksta!

Parcel arrived yesterday from Bungle, courtesy of his clearance sale, comprising:
Sword Lightning T4
Matchbox Lightning T55 (will be RAF T4A or T5A, dependent on serial)
AZ Saro SR53 "Rocketeer" boxing
Aeroclub Vampire T11
Aeroclub Venom FB4
Xtradecal X011-72 BAC Lightning.  Long OOP sheet that I'm trying to get several of due to the large selection of markings.

Plus, additional items not for me that are now with very happy new owners
2 Airfix Short Skyvans
Magna Miles Martinet TT1.  Bob was over the moon to get this as it meant that he's now got everything for his planned RAF Acklington builds.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

Arrived this morning from the BIG yellow H

1 x 1/72 KP Fouga CM-170 Magister "Over Israel" KPM0243 : As it says on the tin, Israeli marked Magisters, three decal options and the AZ kit inside the box. One option will be used on one of my Hawk T2's

1 x 1/72 Quickboost QB72024 British Phantom FG.1/FGR.2 Radar Warning Receiver

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Wooksta!

Ebay says I've won the Novo Proctor and Miles Magister I was bidding on.  The former is just stock and the latter will probably become twin engined at some point.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

sandiego89

Good haul from the sadly closing hobby shop near me, the only real hobby shop for several hours.  Father ran it for decades, son ran it for @10 years, he says they were actually doing fine, but he too is ready to retire.

All 1/72

- Academy KB-29 with a tasty refueling boom
- Martin Mauler weapons kit ?!?!?.  cant' be too much demand out there!! but you can never have enough bombs. rockets and torpedos!  Right?  By Siga of Ukraine.  Never heard of them, wish them well. 
- Haseqawa Mig 17
- AMT AV8A
- Venerable Airfix Rotodyne.  I have a feeling a few of you may have tackled this kit..... 
- 2 Aeroclub Meteor conversion sets with canopy and spines. 

Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

The Wooksta!

The weapons kit was to go with their own Martin Mauler kit, which didn't come with any lethality.

I've got mine together, but yet to see primer.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

sandiego89

Quote from: The Wooksta! on April 23, 2022, 01:49:17 PM
The weapons kit was to go with their own Martin Mauler kit, which didn't come with any lethality.

I've got mine together, but yet to see primer.

Thank you Wooksta.  How is their Mauler Kit?
Dave "Sandiego89"

The Wooksta!

Bit of a dog.  Fairly thick and chunky plastic, although it's quite soft and workable.  Typical eastern european kit from the early 2000s.  Basic but buildable.  I got mine together, mainly with brute force and swearing during lockdown.

Alternatives?  Dunno about 48th, but in 72nd Esoteric did a vacform about 30 years ago and long OOP.  Still some out there though.  CMR did one too, if you can afford to sell a kidney for one.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Bungle

Quote from: The Wooksta! on April 23, 2022, 03:07:18 PM
Alternatives?  Dunno about 48th, but in 72nd Esoteric did a vacform about 30 years ago and long OOP.  Still some out there though.  CMR did one too, if you can afford to sell a kidney for one.

ACE did a 72nd version, actually did two an 'Early' and a 'Late' version. I have the Late version, lots of parts in a small box and plenty of droppy things, in my stash clearance plus the Siga version.
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

sandiego89

So who has Whiffed a Mauler? Seem to  remember a Vietnam one??
Dave "Sandiego89"

The Wooksta!

JayBee did one a good fifteen years back.  I thought it was a Skyraider.

Mine's going Royal Navy, possibly British Pacific Fleet, although the post war scheme is beckoning.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

The Wooksta!

Quote from: Bungle on April 23, 2022, 03:30:25 PM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on April 23, 2022, 03:07:18 PM

ACE did a 72nd version, actually did two an 'Early' and a 'Late' version. I have the Late version, lots of parts in a small box and plenty of droppy things, in my stash clearance plus the Siga version.

Is the ACE kit not just the Siga kit reboxed? Or is it a copy?  I *think* I've got their MiG 21 with the underside Eurofighter style intake.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan: