My stash just grew again. (2022)

Started by seadude, December 30, 2021, 03:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerick

Quote from: Old Wombat on April 28, 2022, 11:14:20 PM
Quote from: Gondor on April 28, 2022, 09:39:14 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on April 28, 2022, 04:10:31 AM
From Hobby Habit, Melrose Park;

1 x Trumpeter 1/350 HMS Colombo (only $3 more than via BNA Model World)

Does it come with a Cigar and a Brown Overcoat?

Gondor

Nah, that's USS Colombo. ;)

Quote from: kerick on April 28, 2022, 09:21:39 PM
There is a suburb of Chicago called Melrose Park. I was thinking "Awesome, a hobby store I can check out!" Not so much. :-\

You can still check it out, it's just a fairly long flight beforehand. ;D

It would make a great adventure to vacation down under.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

AeroplaneDriver

Got home from a week of offsite Training at the Airbus facility Miami to find the eBay Fairy had kindly left me a nice little find.  Airfix 1/48 Lynx AH.7.  Got it for a song (under $20) because the box is missing.  All parts complete in the original bags along with instructions and decals. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Dizzyfugu

A Hobby Boss 1:72 Mitsubishi A6M5 for just a Fiver! While it is a rather simple kit, the finished item looks pretty good. Very good value for the money.

Gondor

Arrived this afternoon

1 x 1/72 Revell BAe Hawk T.1 04970

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Some years ago I was asked to help out with the production of an OO gauge model of the Advanced Passenger Train Experimental (APT-E) by the Canadian model railway company Rapido. As a result I had one of the original production models as part from my consultancy fee, and it's in pride of place sat on a sideboard in my annexe. ;D

In recent months Rapido have done a 2nd production batch of the train, and even  done two Whiffed versions! The real train was never intended to carry fare paying passengers, and never did, but the Rapido Whiffs are painted as if it had, one done in a psuedo Inter City HST scheme, and one in the later HST Swallow scheme.

I was very taken by the Inter City version, and after a bit of thought decided to buy one, despite the fact that I have an APT-E anyway and that it's pretty expensive, so I ordered one on-line.

The very next day my order was cancelled!  :o

But it was followed by an email from the Rapido UK CEO who said there was no way they'd let me buy one, and were returning my money forthwith and that they'd be sending me an Inter City APT-E model for FREE!!!!!!!  :o :o :o

I felt totally embarrassed, but I was very pleased and grateful of course, and replied in like fashion. The model arrived in a socking great parcel the other day, it's about 2 ft square!

The painting on the lid is of the real thing of course, not the Inter City version.

One of the Power Cars in the Inter City scheme, I'm MOST impressed!

I've got two spare coaches of the original production run, and I'm intending to do a bit of 'cross-kitting' and whiffing with some of them myself. It may take a while of course.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kerick

That's awesome!! And amazing the company remembered you!
The locomotive looks great! If the cars look that good i wouldn't touch a thing.  :wub: :thumbsup:
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

McColm

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 30, 2022, 03:02:02 PM
Some years ago I was asked to help out with the production of an OO gauge model of the Advanced Passenger Train Experimental (APT-E) by the Canadian model railway company Rapido. As a result I had one of the original production models as part from my consultancy fee, and it's in pride of place sat on a sideboard in my annexe. ;D

In recent months Rapido have done a 2nd production batch of the train, and even  done two Whiffed versions! The real train was never intended to carry fare paying passengers, and never did, but the Rapido Whiffs are painted as if it had, one done in a psuedo Inter City HST scheme, and one in the later HST Swallow scheme.

I was very taken by the Inter City version, and after a bit of thought decided to buy one, despite the fact that I have an APT-E anyway and that it's pretty expensive, so I ordered one on-line.

But it was followed by an email from the Rapido UK CEO who said there was no way they'd let me buy one, and were returning my money forthwith and that they'd be sending me an Inter City APT-E model for FREE!!!!!!!  :o :o :o

I felt totally embarrassed, but I was very pleased and grateful of course, and replied in like fashion. The model arrived in a socking great parcel the other day, it's about 2 ft square!

The painting on the lid is of the real thing of course, not the Inter City version.

I've got two spare coaches of the original production run, and I'm intending to do a bit of 'cross-kitting' and whiffing with some of them myself. It may take a while of course.  ;D
I never knew that the Australians used modernised HSTs on some of their railways maybe Rapido could do the Australian railway decals as well.
Prices are way beyond my budget even for a secondhand model.

Steel Penguin

rather impressed with bothe the model, and the companys attitude Kit  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

if only i had a second house to put a layout in.  :unsure:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

JayBee

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 30, 2022, 03:02:02 PM

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

NARSES2

Quote from: Steel Penguin on May 01, 2022, 01:48:35 AM
rather impressed with bothe the model, and the companys attitude Kit  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Very impressed with the company's attitude  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

That's a lot of dosh! I take it from the description of the web site that you only get the rolling stock and no track?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Wooksta!

Doesn't count as an addition as I knew I had one all along, but I've located a Pegasus Miles Master I that I'm going to do as a Merlin engined fighter using a Lancaster power egg, so it'll look a bit more like the Miles Kestrel fighter prototype that was used as a basis for the Master.

Miles Merlin F.mk I?

And whilst looking for that, I found the box with the unfinished Novo DH Comet racer, and located an Airfix one in the same box.  Good new as I want the engines for a twin engined Magister.  Need another pair for for my planned twin engined trainers.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Gondor on May 01, 2022, 07:10:05 AM

That's a lot of dosh! I take it from the description of the web site that you only get the rolling stock and no track?

No, just the four E-Train vehicles. It's a niche model for the dedicated enthusiast and only had a small production run, the Whiffed schemes only 200 of each type.

Having read the wildly funny 'Instruction Book' that comes with the model I'm even more embarrassed as it praises me to the heights. [Blush]

All I did was tell them what I knew about the train, but I guess that's a whole lot of gen.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Steel Penguin

the price may seen steep to our selfs but for rail stuff ( having just had a squint at Hattons) thats not unresonable.  :o   my comments on my late farther in laws garrets still spring to mind  :banghead:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

zenrat

This just arrived from Evil-Bay.

69 Charger RT by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

It's badly faded BUT it's still shrink wrapped and I paid a good price.  This is one of Revell's Pro Modeller kits meaning it has extra parts and build options.  There is certainly heft to the box.  I shall be removing the shrink wrap tomorrow.
This is the start of a plan to build a General Lee.  More parts need to be gathered.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..