My stash just grew again. (2022)

Started by seadude, December 30, 2021, 03:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

My purchases at MK yesterday - all 1/72

KP Hawker Tempest Mk II. The Export boxing. I got this to see if the thoughts I've had regarding making the gap at the front of the fuselage easier to deal with.

Arma Hobby P-51C Mustang Mk III. RAF boxing

Clear Prop H-75N Hawk. The Royal Thai AF boxing. Provides 4 alternative airframes with 3 different styles of national markings, 1 of which is earmarked for a Seversky P-35A.

Accessories -

Clear Prop Masking and etch sets for the above H-75N. They now appear to be selling these separately rather than offering Expert and basic boxings. If so it's a more sensible way of doing it IMHO.

Kits-World 3D printed seatbelts for Imperial Italian AF and RAF Late War : Typhoon/tempest.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

A Heller 1:72 Ar 196 for the floats, to be mated with an Hs 126.

I could swear that I have an Ar 196 kit somewhere (a Heller kit in the Revell re-boxing), but it eludes me, despite having checked all kit piles, twice. No good sign when you lose lose control...

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Gondor on May 09, 2022, 05:45:30 AM

Parcel Force just delivered this.....

Thanks to Kit for letting me know that this was available. This is as far as it will be taken out of the box for a long, long time as I am looking at this as an investment rather than anything else, especially as I don't have space for a train set  :rolleyes:

Cooer Alastair. Which version is it, the real silver and blue one, the Inter City one or the Swallow one?

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 09, 2022, 08:55:03 AM

Cooer Alastair. Which version is it, the real silver and blue one, the Inter City one or the Swallow one?

I got the Inter City version though the Swallow scheme was very tempting. I think the real version is sold out as I could not see it on the site.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Magic, same as mine.

I'll post some pics when I can find my blasted camera, I KNOW it's in here somewhere!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

:lol: oh that word..somewhere  :lol:
At the camp here Bill..chief maintenance fixer dude..and i ..chief heavy engineering fixer dude ..say that word at least 10 times a day..we know we've got it but its...somewhere  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

Ha, amateurs! :rolleyes:

I'll put something down on my modelling desk & 5 minutes later I'm swearing & cursing & shuffling stuff around because I know it's here ... SOMEWHERE! ... at least half-a-dozen times a modelling session. :-\
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Old Wombat on May 09, 2022, 07:43:01 PM
Ha, amateurs! :rolleyes:

I'll put something down on my modelling desk & 5 minutes later I'm swearing & cursing & shuffling stuff around because I know it's here ... SOMEWHERE! ... at least half-a-dozen times a modelling session. :-\

As much as 5 minutes? I have put something down and turned my back/taken my eyes off it to get something to put it into/onto and when turn back to it, it's nowhere to be seen. 
Sometimes quite large things too, which you wouldn't have thought could *possibly* go missing, or be overlooked... :banghead:

I've also lost various things and only come across them literally years later, after the need had passed/I'd replaced it/whatever... still, it keeps the stash plump...

NARSES2

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on May 09, 2022, 08:04:03 AM

I could swear that I have an Ar 196 kit somewhere (a Heller kit in the Revell re-boxing), but it eludes me, despite having checked all kit piles, twice. No good sign when you lose lose control...

Welcome to  the club  :rolleyes:  ;D

Quote from: Rick Lowe on May 09, 2022, 10:09:12 PM

I've also lost various things and only come across them literally years later, after the need had passed/I'd replaced it/whatever... still, it keeps the stash plump...

Yup. I find the best way to find someting is to go out a buy another one of it  :banghead:

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 10, 2022, 05:28:40 AM

Yup. I find the best way to find someting is to go out a buy another one of it  :banghead:

That doesn't work all the time as I am still missing the Sidewinder Sprue from a Revell Hawk T.1  :banghead:

And yes, putting things down for a few seconds can make something dissappear, especially tools!

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Wardukw

Ok you wanna know how bad it gets with thr tools going walka about? .
My model work bench/desk is 68cm x 54cm and its made from the bottom door of a fridge/freezer and do tools and parts disappear off that moments after putting em down?..yup  :lol:
Rulers..knives..files and on one occasion my bottle of Tamiya glue have all buggered off.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

nighthunter

Well, I've had to move from plastic kits to Lego, still have some of my stash
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

zenrat

Arrived today from RCMA in Western Australia.  Another '69 Charger.

69 Charger by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

This, being based on what was once the MPC General Lee mould, was going to provide me with the correct American Racing Vector wheels for my General build.  Unfortunately, despite the box photos of a built model, the side box art, the instructions, and the sprue layout on the back of the box all showing these wheels they have been replaced with a set of standard Mopar Magnum 500 wheels.

:banghead:

It does have some parts I need (a roll cage and push bar - although I was prepared to scratch build them) and may also have a CB antenna (I forgot to look).

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

scooter

Quote from: Old Wombat on May 11, 2022, 08:26:30 AM
Well, that sucks! :-\

What Womby said.

Quote from: zenrat on May 11, 2022, 04:00:11 AM

It does have some parts I need (a roll cage and push bar - although I was prepared to scratch build them) and may also have a CB antenna (I forgot to look).

And if it doesn't, a whip antenna is easy enough to scratch up
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng