My stash just grew again. (2022)

Started by seadude, December 30, 2021, 03:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitbasher

From the RNLI shop in Morecambe an Airfix Severn Class lifeboat.  Felt like building something different.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

PR19_Kit

It's VERY fiddly to build, specially the cabin interior!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Steel Penguin

Zenrat   that's rather distressing, Id be tempted to send a letter of disappointment  ( with a little complain)  to MPC.  possibly asking if you got a mispacked box, and letting them know they may have a quality issue...  You may get lucky and " hey wheels!"
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

kitbasher

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 11, 2022, 11:02:58 AM

I had read that there were some build issues.  A first look at the instructions suggests less than comprehensive painting guidance (except of course for the main colour scheme).

The chap in the shop said he and his mate had copies - his was still in the box but his mate had built his and thought the instructions were rubbish!

Nevertheless looking forward to something different.  A bazillion years ago I got my dad an Airfix Vosper MTB to build when he was off sick with a knee injury and he really enjoyed building that (he wasn't a modeller, btw, although he encouraged me into the hobby years before that).  Have often thought of building one of those but the lifeboat really appealed when I saw it.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

PR19_Kit

The Vosper MTB is wonderful!

And the 20 mm Oerlikon cannon in the kit is a veritable jewel!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 11, 2022, 01:34:19 PM
The Vosper MTB is wonderful!

And the 20 mm Oerlikon cannon in the kit is a veritable jewel!

Used to be, age has not done the more finely detailed parts any good, whatsoever.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

My trip to my long distance LHS proved to be well worth the journey.
Scored 4 boxes of HO rail parts ..now thats about as clear as mud so without being to padantic the boxes measure L 330mm x W 225mm x H 90mm and all 4 are crammed soild with parts  :thumbsup:
2 x boxes of printed brick walls sheets and posters ..dozens of sheets of brick wall printings  :o no idea what the hell im going to do with those ...the posters tho could be quite handy .
Also 4 partly used rolls of 10mm Tamiya masking tape..54 Swan Norton surgical blades ..9 tubes of mixed Xcell blades...26 assorted tools which include pilers..files..knife handles.
Not going to be running out of parts for wiffying anytime soon  ;D
4 x Ammo Oilbrushers
6 x bottles of Ammo paint.
Most of that is just for the M88A3 ARV  :lol:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Good score DUKWy.  Just don't get sucked into the dark side and start building a train set...

Quote from: Steel Penguin on May 11, 2022, 12:15:56 PM
Zenrat   that's rather distressing, Id be tempted to send a letter of disappointment  ( with a little complain)  to MPC.  possibly asking if you got a mispacked box, and letting them know they may have a quality issue...  You may get lucky and " hey wheels!"

No mistake by MPC - they retooled the chrome sprue with different wheels.  I suspect it is a licensing issue.
There are other kits with the same wheels in.  I may even have some in my stash.  Unfortunately very few kits show all the parts options in the art so I shall have to do some box diving.
I do have a set of 12 rib Vectors from a van kit.  General Lee had 10 rib Vectors but i'm not averse to it being a subtle whiff.
There is a set of resin wheels and tyres available from the US which look absolutely gorgeous.  But with shipping they will cost the same as a whole kit and I am not willing to go there.
Yet.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Wardukw

:lol: Fred ..no chance in hell of that ever going to happen..these bits came from a collection which my LHS brought..3 very large trailer loads in fact..hundreds apon hundreds of boxes..and tens of thousands of bucks worth of choo choos ..dude this haul was huge..i am not going down that road.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

Just shipped from BNA Model World;

1 x Royal Models 1/35 Zombie Series - White Collar Zombie (1 Figure) (RM764)
1 x Royal Models 1/35 Zombie Series - Zombie in NBC Coverall (1 Figure) (RM763)
1 x HD Models 1/35 Military Loader (HDM35111)
1 x ETA Diorama 1/35 WWII/Modern/Zombie Naked Posters (6 sheets) (ETA-SET-4)
1 x ETA Diorama 1/35 WWII/Modern/Zombie Magazines (5 sheets) (ETA-SET-1)
1 x HD Models 1/35 Winchester M1912 Trench Gun (HDM35032)
2 x HD Models 1/35 Wichester M1897 Trench Gun (HDM35033)
1 x HD Models 1/35 Power Generator (HDM35076)
1 x ETA Diorama 1/35 Vietnam Maps, Manuals, Letters & Money (2 sheets) (ETA-408)
1 x ETA Diorama 1/35 US Vietnam Maps (ETA-425)
2 x DEF Model 1/35 USMC M197 Metal Gun Barrel set for Academy AH-1Z Viper kit (DEF-DM35089)
1 x ET Models 1/35 US Army LAV Weighted Road Wheels (Wide) for Trumpeter kit (ET ER35-017)
1 x Kinetic Models 1/48 Northrop Grumman RQ-4B Global Hawk Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (box damaged) (KI-K48084-DA)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Rheged

Quote from: Old Wombat on May 12, 2022, 11:40:38 PM
Just shipped from BNA Model World;

1 x Royal Models 1/35 Zombie Series - White Collar Zombie (1 Figure) (RM764)

A worthy haul!!  I am waiting to see what your seething imagination produces from this lot.........and I'm sure I met the inspiration for the above figure  in our local council office recently!!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

AeroplaneDriver

One of my favorite things is when an eBay seller ships a model in an envelope instead of a box.   That was my idiot mailman can cram it into my mailbox the point that it takes two hands to pull it out.   :banghead: :angry:

Today's acquisition...

So I got that going for me...which is nice....

scooter

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on May 13, 2022, 10:51:37 PM
One of my favorite things is when an eBay seller ships a model in an envelope instead of a box.   That was my idiot mailman can cram it into my mailbox the point that it takes two hands to pull it out.   :banghead: :angry:

Today's acquisition...

Sounds like one of the mailman we get, but he'll cram even boxes into the mailbox.  At least our regular guy'll bundle everything and put it on the side porch.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

NARSES2

Delivered from the Big H this morning.

KP 1/72 Spitfire PR Mk X
KP 1/72 Spitfire PR Mk XI SEAC Boxing
IBG Mask set for their Fw 190D 15

The Spitfires look very neat and tidy on the sprues, lots of interior detail as have all their other Spitfires. Both will probably end up real world.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

Quote from: kitbasher on May 11, 2022, 01:27:53 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 11, 2022, 11:02:58 AM

I had read that there were some build issues.  A first look at the instructions suggests less than comprehensive painting guidance (except of course for the main colour scheme).

The chap in the shop said he and his mate had copies - his was still in the box but his mate had built his and thought the instructions were rubbish!

Nevertheless looking forward to something different.  A bazillion years ago I got my dad an Airfix Vosper MTB to build when he was off sick with a knee injury and he really enjoyed building that (he wasn't a modeller, btw, although he encouraged me into the hobby years before that).  Have often thought of building one of those but the lifeboat really appealed when I saw it.

I've read the easiest way to get it to fit it is to build the superstructure separately and offer it to the hull, rather than build it on the hull like the instructions say.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.