My stash just grew again. (2022)

Started by seadude, December 30, 2021, 03:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on May 13, 2022, 10:51:37 PM
One of my favorite things is when an eBay seller ships a model in an envelope instead of a box.   That was my idiot mailman can cram it into my mailbox the point that it takes two hands to pull it out.   :banghead: :angry:

Today's acquisition...

Complete numpties, obviously. :banghead: :banghead:

However, the important question is; did they manage to conspire to damage the model, or not? :unsure:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Gondor

Bought/exchanged hands at the Scottish Nationals today

1 x 1/72 Special Hobby Ju388K/L to become a 388M
1 x 1/72 Italeri Short Stirling B.1
1 x 1/48 Airfix Spitfire Mk,XVIII

The Stirling is to replace the Airfix kit in my stash which is moved to the whiff pile to become a "Short" Sterling

Got home to find an envelope through the door from the BIG yellow H containing

1 x 1/72 Xtradecal X027-72 U.S. Navy F-3 Deamons VX-4, VF-122, VF-131 & VF-41 - 1957
1 x 1/72 Xtradecal X72-58 Hawker Hunter F. Mk 6, RAF Squadrons Nos 14, 20, 43, 63, 92 and 263 Belgian AF, R. Netherlands AF, R. Jordanian AF
1 x 1/72 Xtradecal X72157 Royal Air Force 4, 6, 8 and 12 ins. Black Letters, Numerals and Titles. (Formerly Modeldecal MD036B)

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Wooksta!

Just got back.  Great day out at Perth, although wallet is less agreeable.

Acquisitions
Sword BAC Lightning F1/F2
Sword BAC Lightning F3

AZ SR53 two seater

2 x Tamiya DH Mosquito FB.VI.  These were a tenner each, a considerable saving over the 18 or so notes they generally go for, but when trying to condense stuff down for transport back home, one of the Mosquito boxes was found to contain TWO FB.VI kits. So three for less than 7 quid.  I call that both a steal and a result!

Plus several built up models from the Kit Swap - an SR53 single seater and an MPM Meteor F8.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: The Wooksta! on May 14, 2022, 01:25:43 PM

.....one of the Mosquito boxes was found to contain TWO FB.VI kits. So three for less than 7 quid.  I call that both a steal and a result!

Sitting alongside Lee when he found that one of his Tamiya Mosquito boxes actually contained TWO kits was hilarious!  ;D I thought he was going to leap up and dance on the table at one point, but luckily he restrained himself.

A bit.......... ;) ;D

For my own part I found something in the Kit Swap that definitely needed buying (Like I need any more kits really.....?) It was a Hasegawa XF5U-1 Flying Pancake it almost pristine condition. It'll be an 'in service' one to match my Vought TF5U-2 trainer.

And I spent a short while looking at the parts and I figure I really CAN make the wings a bit longer..........   ;) ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Ballarat NNL today.
I like swap meets at car model shows because you can get car model sellers selling some unusual non-car model kits.  Also there is less competition for the non-car model stuff.
And I won two classes which was nice.

I got;
Dragon 1/72 P-38J Droop Snoot.
Tamiya 1/24 Nissan Skyline 2000 GT-R (prize for best car 65-79 - Dodge Hemi Dart).
Revell 1/72 Eurofighter Typhoon RAF Centenery Scheme (prize for Special theme  - Union Jack Lotus).
Hasegawa 1/24 Volkswagen Type 2 Delivery Van Egg Girls Summer Paint 2017 (cheaper than usual as bags are opened.  Hope it's all there.  These are great kerbside kits which are dead easy to slam right down in the weeds.  Has massive anime girl decals).
One of these.
JGSDF AH Hellhound by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
These which were free to a good home (All 1/72 except for an odd 1/35 vignette, some parts missing - Hurricane, Mustang, Blenheim, Mosquito, Buffalo, Boomerang, Me 262, A-24, Chinook)
Free to a Good Home by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
And the thing that made my day.
American Racing VEctor Mags by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
The top bag are a set of 1/25 MPC original (see the orange plastic) General Lee American Racing 10 rib Vector wheels.  Woohoo!  Some "twist off sprue" damage to the rims and the chrome is worn but I can fix both those.
The second bag is a set of very very similar 10 rib wheels which will do as a back up set.  $2:50 a set.  Bargain, and so much cheaper than the other options I was considering.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Steel Penguin

grats on the compatition wins.

the  hellhound looks interesting,

and double grats on the wheels!  :thumbsup:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Flyer

Free to a good home? :o Fantastic price that!  :thumbsup:
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

zenrat

Quote from: Flyer on May 15, 2022, 05:10:18 AM

Can't beat it.  Good whiff fodder.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

A couple of wins and a worthy haul of goodies.  That counts as " a grand day out".
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Flyer

BTW I think the Chinook is actually a Sea Knight... ;)

nighthunter

Flyer has it right, it's a CH-46 Sea Knight
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

scooter

Quote from: Flyer on May 15, 2022, 05:49:53 AM
BTW I think the Chinook is actually a Sea Knight... ;)

Thirded, after a closer look on something other than a phone
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

PR19_Kit

Nice one Fred, specially the comp wins.  :bow: :bow: :drink: :cheers: :party:

I got a book on Soviet PR aircraft from the 60s onwards, one of which has long wings...........  ;D

But there's only two in the book!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Flyer

Quote from: zenrat on May 15, 2022, 05:16:58 AM
Quote from: Flyer on May 15, 2022, 05:10:18 AM

Can't beat it.  Good whiff fodder.

I would have paid twice the price for the Boomerang by itself!  ;D