My stash just grew again. (2022)

Started by seadude, December 30, 2021, 03:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Rescued an eBay purchase from the local sorting office this morning

1 x 1/72 Airfix 03021 S.A.330 Puma (The one with the intake filters) I already had a Whirlybird detail set, just needed the right version to hang the bits from.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Gondor

Just had delivered, at 18:40 on a Sunday, a Royal Mail parcle!

Contents were one ebay win of

1 x 1/72 Italeri B-57G Night Hawk which will replace the stalled aircraft in my stash which is due to be whiffed as I made a bit of a mess of it as it was intended   :banghead:

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

PR19_Kit

On a SUNDAY?!  :o

Strewth, what will they do next, deliver First Class mail the next day?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 22, 2022, 10:56:18 AM
On a SUNDAY?!  :o

Strewth, what will they do next, deliver First Class mail the next day?

I was surprised as well! Not complaining about it though

Gondor

Dizzyfugu

Unexpectedly got hands on a Matchbox 1:72 Lysander and a KP 1:72 Tempest Mk. V. The Lysander will probably be converted into "something different" and the Tempest might end up in bright colors as a RCAF post-war reserve unit machine.

Nick

I picked up a few kits at Perth last week. I did a small tour of SE Scotland during my week off, visiting Stirling Castle and the Museum of Flight along the way.

PM Models 1/72 at £6 each from a guy on the next table.
Me P.1111
Me 328
FW Ta-183

Pegasus E-25 tank destroyer.

Old Wombat

On their way from BNA:

1 x Kinetic Models 1/48 Grumman EA-6B Prowler (KI-K48022)
1 x Trumpeter Models 1/35 AT-T Artillery Prime Mover (TR 09501)

Plus parts that were missing from a Czech made resin figures set.

Due to the postage time & the cost to the manufacturer to send the parts (approx. AU$65) they sourced the parts from their stock. I assume the manufacturer will supply them with a replacement for the parts/set as part of a later order but it was a nice piece of customer service that is in line with every time I've had any issue when purchasing from them (this is the third issue of any sort I've ever had).

Just one of the reasons I keep buying (too much) from them. :thumbsup: :wacko:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Quote from: Old Wombat on May 24, 2022, 02:38:33 AM
On their way from BNA:

1 x Kinetic Models 1/48 Grumman EA-6B Prowler (KI-K48022)
1 x Trumpeter Models 1/35 AT-T Artillery Prime Mover (TR 09501)

Plus parts that were missing from a Czech made resin figures set.

Due to the postage time & the cost to the manufacturer to send the parts (approx. AU$65) they sourced the parts from their stock. I assume the manufacturer will supply them with a replacement for the parts/set as part of a later order but it was a nice piece of customer service that is in line with every time I've had any issue when purchasing from them (this is the third issue of any sort I've ever had).

Just one of the reasons I keep buying (too much) from them. :thumbsup: :wacko:

BNA are very good.  I get all my impulse purchases from them.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Gondor

Just received from eBay

1 x 1/72 AZ Models Let K-60 "Brigadyr" Military Version, AZ 7209

I may do this as a real world build as it's rather obscure so hardly anyone will know what it is.

Gondor

On further investigation I have found that the Aircraft was built by Aero as the L-60 Brigadýr. Maybe I should do it in U.N.I.T. markings?

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Gondor on May 24, 2022, 04:08:25 AM
On further investigation I have found that the Aircraft was built by Aero as the L-60 Brigadýr. Maybe I should do it in U.N.I.T. markings?

Oh, well played, sir!

Go on, then - you know we're all madly cheering you on from the sidelines!

"Five Rounds Rapid!"

Wardukw

Agreed Guy and Fred..BNA are a good bunch and im trying to save for the things i have in my cart there  :lol: but i keep buying other stuff ..like today ..
Like 127 The Combat Tanks Collection books..they come with model tanks in this series..theres only 120 in total but i included the 7 which are doubles of some the other booklets...all for $20nz.
1 x Lindberg line value pack which has the ME262 and JU 87 and this is the funny part..theres printed writing on the inside of the wings date stamped 2015 ..these models are far older than that and they are really old molds with exposed detail and the fit is crap..the kicker is the excellent Cartograf decals dated 2016..scored brand new at my price of $25nz..only want the 262s engines  ;D
The rest of the bits ??..well ya never know  :wacko:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Steel Penguin

Gondor   the answer is indeed "Yes"  so many times.. 

and when any one asks, well all solomly keep straight faces  and spin the story....
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Gondor

Received a package from the BIG yellow H today

1 x 1/72 KORA CSD 7236; DH.82 Floatplane conversion set.  This is not going on a DH.82. I like the look of this a lot so I may at some point buy another set to go on the DH.82 I have in the stash, or another purchase.

Gondor

zenrat

From Hannants (postage is almost acceptable if I keep to flat stuff that can be sent as a large letter) transfers and canopy masks.  Or, according to the customs declaration (which I read out of professional interest) decals and bumper stickers.

20220526_135329 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Ju-52 transfers are for the Logistics GB.  The captured example on the front (Libyan Clipper) was flown by the RAAF.  I want to put those markings and paint job on something else.
P plates are for the Harpy.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

McColm

I have ordered another Hornby 00 gauge clockwork train set, yes it's play worn and one of the wagons is missing a set of wheels but it's the track that I'm after.
Superglue and putty/filler ordered as well, a Peco Ho/00 Set Plans Layout booklet.