My stash just grew again. (2022)

Started by seadude, December 30, 2021, 03:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

I'd promised it to Chris ages back, even if it was only in my head. Had he refused it, I wouldn't have been too disappointed as I was getting ideas for it.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

McColm

8  x pieces of Hornby R607 3rd radius track this will go well with the two long straights.

Wardukw

I scored a 48th scale Tamiya F15 A today from the most unexpected place today..a second hand store 😁
Now heres the super great part..its brand new..all parts still sealed in their bags and they clearly didnt check up on its price cause i got it for $15 NZ .
Oh what a joy to find that . ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Gondor

That's a great find Wardukw-NZ  :thumbsup:

Rescued from the Postal Sorting office today, from eMODELS

1 x 1/72 Eduard MEZEK Dual Combo Limited edition set 2141. Looks lovley in the box and the instructions have twelve paint schemes along with paint masks and etch in there too.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Old Wombat

At somewhat more than Phill's $15;

1 x Airfix 1/48 Hawker Sea Fury FB.11 "Export" - found its way into the Wombat Stash, & has nested next to its 1/48 (standard) Hawker Sea Fury FB.11 stablemate.

This one will be RW RAN but, probably, not the usual "Auster Incident" 109 (VW625).
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Old Wombat on June 09, 2022, 02:56:12 AM

This one will be RW RAN but, probably, not the usual "Auster Incident" 109 (VW625).

I'd not heard of the 'Auster Incident' and looked it up. What a hoot.  ;D

Here's a good report on the affair.

https://hars.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Runaway-Auster.pdf
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

scooter

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 09, 2022, 03:29:04 AM

IIRC Fred used it as background as well for one of his builds, although I'm not 100% sure if it was a GB or regular build
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

AeroplaneDriver

From the eBay Fairy,

ESCI 1/12 F-104 Cockpit.

This will go with the F-16 one in the stash.  One of these days I'll build them both.  Not a whole lot of whiffery possibility but they are cool kits.  I built the F-16 one when it first came out in the 80s.  I really wish they had expanded the range beyond two aircraft.  Scratchbuilding new panels wouldn't be an overwhelming task and it would be cool to mix and match some parts.  An updated digital cockpit Starfighter with a Martin Baker Mk.10 or later seat would be pretty neat.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

kitnut617

Nick, I have two of those F-16 cockpit kits, plus two Collectaire seated F-16 pilots to go in them. It doesn't look like I'll ever get around to using them on the project I had them earmarked for, so they'll be up for grabs.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Steel Penguin

more empress 28mm
another SF GPMG + crew,  a single pack of each of the SAS / SBS packs, they make good SF troops, and can double duty as post apoc survivors, and 3 of the FV432.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Mossie

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on June 09, 2022, 08:53:30 AM
From the eBay Fairy,

ESCI 1/12 F-104 Cockpit.

This will go with the F-16 one in the stash.  One of these days I'll build them both.  Not a whole lot of whiffery possibility but they are cool kits.  I built the F-16 one when it first came out in the 80s.  I really wish they had expanded the range beyond two aircraft.  Scratchbuilding new panels wouldn't be an overwhelming task and it would be cool to mix and match some parts.  An updated digital cockpit Starfighter with a Martin Baker Mk.10 or later seat would be pretty neat.

Quote from: kitnut617 on June 09, 2022, 09:45:38 AM
Nick, I have two of those F-16 cockpit kits, plus two Collectaire seated F-16 pilots to go in them. It doesn't look like I'll ever get around to using them on the project I had them earmarked for, so they'll be up for grabs.

There were built up kits of those cockpits in the local model shop window. They had an eclectic mix, I'd take every opportunity to go in or just look in the window.  I miss that place.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

zenrat

Quote from: scooter on June 09, 2022, 06:49:04 AM

IIRC Fred used it as background as well for one of his builds, although I'm not 100% sure if it was a GB or regular build

I like the story so much i've used it twice.
First for a RAN FAA Seafire 47 and second (because I forgot i'd done it - even if it was only a year before) for a RAN FAA Bearcat.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Quote from: zenrat on June 10, 2022, 05:40:03 AM
Quote from: scooter on June 09, 2022, 06:49:04 AM

I like the story so much i've used it twice.
First for a RAN FAA Seafire 47 and second (because I forgot i'd done it - even if it was only a year before) for a RAN FAA Bearcat.

Well, it's a good yarn; old RAN piston-engined fighter embarrasses modern RAAF jet-engined fighter, what's not to like? :wacko:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

Was it because the RAAF Meteors couldn't fly slow enough to draw a bead on the Auster?

Reminds me of the RAF Germany Harrier that had to be shot down by a Jaguar before it flew into the DDR, or vice versa...............
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 10, 2022, 05:51:37 AM
Was it because the RAAF Meteors couldn't fly slow enough to draw a bead on the Auster?

The RAAF were following it with a Wirraway which had a Bren gun in the rear cockpit but after firing off the first magazine they found that at 10,000ft it was too cold for the observer to reload and his hands were sticking to the gun.  A Meteor replaced it, made a firing pass but after firing a few rounds its guns jammed.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..