My stash just grew again. (2022)

Started by seadude, December 30, 2021, 03:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

There's the case when Franco was jangling over Gib in the late 60s and was sending CASA built He 111s against it to test the defences and there was a hilarious scene of a Hunter at stalling speed with a CASA 1111 going flat out trying and failing to keep up.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

They should have kept a few Sea Furies on-line and based them at Gib.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

When the film Battle of Britain" was being made, a large proportion of the Spanish air force was involved.  It was suggested by one bright spark that this would be a perfect opportunity for Gibraltar to invade Spain!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

The Wooksta!

I've long been planning for a Spanish Heinkel - still in Luftwaffe markings - to be borrowed by the RAF for dissimilar combat training, only for the pilot to tell the ground crew to paint over the German markings as "I'm not flying anything with a f****** swastika on it!"
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

AeroplaneDriver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 10, 2022, 05:51:37 AM
Was it because the RAAF Meteors couldn't fly slow enough to draw a bead on the Auster?

Reminds me of the RAF Germany Harrier that had to be shot down by a Jaguar before it flew into the DDR, or vice versa...............

I think the story you refer to is of a Harrier who's pilot left after a birdstrike at low altitude only to have the Harrier recover and climb out from 100 feet to about 7,000.  It was intercepted by a Luftwaffe F-104 but crashed into a field after running out of fuel before needing to be shot down.  There is however the Jaguar that was accidentally shot down by an RAF Phantom in the 80s.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

The Wooksta!

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on June 10, 2022, 10:16:09 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 10, 2022, 05:51:37 AM
Was it because the RAAF Meteors couldn't fly slow enough to draw a bead on the Auster?

Reminds me of the RAF Germany Harrier that had to be shot down by a Jaguar before it flew into the DDR, or vice versa...............

I think the story you refer to is of a Harrier who's pilot left after a birdstrike at low altitude only to have the Harrier recover and climb out from 100 feet to about 7,000.  It was intercepted by a Luftwaffe F-104 but crashed into a field after running out of fuel before needing to be shot down.  There is however the Jaguar that was accidentally shot down by an RAF Phantom in the 80s.

The guy who did that regularly posts - or at least did - on Britmodeller.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

kitnut617

There is however the Jaguar that was accidentally shot down by an RAF Phantom in the 80s.

Now this is a strange coincidence, just yesterday there was a news story about immigrants coming to Canada. There's a display going on at The Military Museum in Calgary showcasing them, one guy they talked to was a Brit who's name is Ian Fred Causer. The start of the story was telling the viewers he was ex-RAF and he had been shot down over Germany by friendly fire and he was much too young to be a WWII vet, and the photo of him in his RAF uniform showed a Jaguar in the background.

https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/new-exhibit-at-the-military-museums-explores-military-contributions-of-alberta-immigrants-1.5941334
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

NARSES2

Quote from: kitnut617 on June 10, 2022, 12:05:48 PM
There is however the Jaguar that was accidentally shot down by an RAF Phantom in the 80s.

Now this is a strange coincidence,

There's no such thing as a coincidence  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

Ok i decided to take a closer look at this F-15 as i didnt remember seeing any decals in the box but for 15 bucks who cared.
Well the decals are there ..stuck inside the plans and when were they dated ? .
Try 1982 and after looking at the frames..1978...i was 10 yrs old ..this kit is 44 yrs old and it still looks pretty good .   ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

I have a badly warped Airfix 1/72 Catalina PBY-5A in my stash. Printed material is dated 1991; Upper central wing section has "© AIRFIX PRODUCTS LTD 1964" in raised lettering on the inside. ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Old Wombat on June 11, 2022, 02:03:46 AM

Upper central wing section has "© AIRFIX PRODUCTS LTD 1964" in raised lettering on the inside. ;D

If it was an Aurora kit the raised lettering would have been on the OUTSIDE!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

The only time ive had a model from the 60s is that SB6 Devastator you sent Guy ..well that i can remember anyway..i know alot of the early Monogram kits ive had are all around the mid 70s .
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

The Wooksta!

Snagged for a trio of vacforms - it was advertised as a vacform lot - comprising two Contrail Scimitars (rough but workable) and a Rareplane Firebrand.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

NARSES2

From the Elstree show yesterday a Magna Models 1/72 Bristol  Buckingham B1/C1  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

My deepest condolences on getting it. The other two of the trio drove me demented, especially the undercarriage, so much so I didn't touch plastic for months afterwards (see the non Spitfire blog for April-June 2017 for more details).  I've some white metal props for it somewhere and I'll cast you a decent set of wheels.

The one I have is going wheels up.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan: