My stash just grew again. (2022)

Started by seadude, December 30, 2021, 03:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 18, 2022, 04:46:02 AM
I'd never even HEARD of it till now. What a swoopy looking car!  :bow:

I don't remember it either, and I used to watch The Man from UNCLE all the time.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Lost Cosmonauts

Visiting the folks this weekend and a second hand and vintage shop has opened in the village

Lots of interesting stuff and also a few models so I bought a Mach 2 Douglas X-3 (I know, I just fancied trying it) and a pile of unboxed random bits

Unboxed bits turned out to have a decent haul.
- Bits I'll likely keep: Xrtrakit Night Fighter Meteor, an Airfix Lightning F.3, 2x Airfix Vampire F.5s, some xtradecal black lines. Most of an Airfix Hunter that will be whiffed into something
- Bits I'll likely move on: a white metal seat of some description, 3x Pavla MB mk.1 resin seats, an F-4 decal set, Lancaster/Halifax decal set, Thunderjet decal set, bagged Me-110

Not bad for a random pile

"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete"

Lost Cosmonauts

Internet came up trumps - the random unidentified seat is an Aeroclub set for the F-104
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete"

PR19_Kit

That's SOME second-hand shop you've found there!  :o

Why do the ones I know all have things like non-working lawn mowers and thousands of china digs and cats? :(
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: Lost Cosmonauts on June 18, 2022, 07:40:55 AM
Visiting the folks this weekend and a second hand and vintage shop has opened in the village

Lots of interesting stuff and also a few models so I bought a Mach 2 Douglas X-3 (I know, I just fancied trying it) and a pile of unboxed random bits

- Bits I'll likely move on:  bagged Me-110

Any idea of the manufacturer?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Lost Cosmonauts

Quote from: Gondor on June 18, 2022, 08:41:11 AM

Gondor

Afraid not, I'd pull it out of the bag and inspect the bits and decals to try and figure it out

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 18, 2022, 08:32:27 AM
That's SOME second-hand shop you've found there!  :o

Why do the ones I know all have things like non-working lawn mowers and thousands of china digs and cats? :(

There was plenty of that as well. They had a Hasegawa Lightning F.6 at £8 and a load of others which I barely resisted.

Some nice car kits, 1970s Airfix boxing of the Saturn V, lots of 50s and 60s vintage trains, subbuteo and meccano   

Lost Cosmonauts

Quote from: Gondor on June 18, 2022, 08:41:11 AM

Gondor

Looks like the 1970s Airfix with the decals from this boxing

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/airfix-02006-4-messerschmitt-110d--130408

Old Wombat

Quote from: kitnut617 on June 18, 2022, 06:50:24 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 18, 2022, 04:46:02 AM
I'd never even HEARD of it till now. What a swoopy looking car!  :bow:

I don't remember it either, and I used to watch The Man from UNCLE all the time.

Same here! :unsure:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Gondor

My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Wardukw

Quote from: zenrat on June 18, 2022, 04:42:50 AM
Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on June 17, 2022, 05:06:20 PM
In the mail today was this lovely box of goodies from Scotaidh.
...Also is a AMT Piranha super spycar..gonna modify this bigtime...

I've got the drag racer kit in the stash.  TBH i'm wary about building it as i've read all sorts of bad reports about it's fit.  Everytime I see the spy car though I want one.  Looks gorgeous.

Good morning from a fogged out camp at the mo  ;D
I have tested fitted this car and my first thoughts are total crap..the body is gonna take some work to fit together and funnily enough so does everything else..to roof is going to need strengthening as its very thin but usable.
As for the twin turbo flat six its terrible..soooo the mind is swash of ideas on this.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

PR19_Kit

Twin-Turbo flat six? Is that from a Corvair Monza Turbo, with an extra turbo?

That's a mean engine, but they get through fan belts like you would not BELIEVE!

Don't ask me how I know this............ :(
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

Ebay tells me I've snagged several things I was bidding on:
An assembled and painted "twin boom british jet fighter" - aka Frog DH 110.  Result!  Missed out on a boxed one, but not the end of the world.
4 x various models.  Not interested in 3 of them (But I know someone who might be), the fourth is a Frog Meteor F8
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: The Wooksta! on June 18, 2022, 02:03:09 PM

the fourth is a Frog Meteor F8

Blimey, that's a proper vintage kit.  :o

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

There's an F86 Sabre which, judging by the rivets, I think is a Frog one too.  There's a tailess FJ1 fury I think is Pegasus and a Matchbox Buckeye sans canopy.

I've got one of the Frog Meteors (I was bidding on another lot which had two, but lost that one) and both the shape and dimensions look spot on. As a wheels up flying model, it looks to be good.  Looking forward to restoring it.  The DH 110 is going 50s RAF for sure.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Wardukw

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 18, 2022, 01:39:37 PM
Twin-Turbo flat six? Is that from a Corvair Monza Turbo, with an extra turbo?

That's a mean engine, but they get through fan belts like you would not BELIEVE!

Don't ask me how I know this............ :(

Oh i wont ask Kit..i promise  :lol:
This car i will bet is just a custom show car with some factory concepts thrown in..that engine is very likely out of a Convair Monza with another turbo added and of course whos to say this even worked..ive seen more than enough shows cars with a total of 4 man horsepower .
This model tho might get sligthly mental..supercharged big block possibility ..wheels definitely which will mean cutting the body to fit them which i have no problems with ..smoothing the body ..getting rid of the edge around the middle of the shell.keeping the gull wing doors tho ..that would cool.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .