My stash just grew again. (2022)

Started by seadude, December 30, 2021, 03:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 20, 2022, 05:59:39 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on June 20, 2022, 05:30:20 AM

With all that fun stuff to play with, sounds like there's no time to postpone, prevaricate or procrastinate, Kit! On with it! Chop! Chop! :tank: ;)

I'm scared to even open one of the sprue bags!  :o

Pandora springs to mind somehow  :wacko:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 20, 2022, 06:13:20 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 20, 2022, 05:59:39 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on June 20, 2022, 05:30:20 AM

With all that fun stuff to play with, sounds like there's no time to postpone, prevaricate or procrastinate, Kit! On with it! Chop! Chop! :tank: ;)

I'm scared to even open one of the sprue bags!  :o

Pandora springs to mind somehow  :wacko:

Courage, man! Show some backbone & ignore that evil purveyor of doubt & anxiety! :angry: :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

It might 6.30am here but i have coffee so i feel good and warm which means i not in the mood to scare the crap out of ya Kit  :lol:
Dont be scared mate..yip theres a ton of parts PE but heres the good news ..its bloody easy model to build..so easy in fact i made the rear steering on the truck work like its ment too.
The assemblies for the take time but again are easy..just repetitive .the hardest part are the brake and air hoses which i didnt do as ya cant even see them.
I just remembered the dude i was building this for also brought like 3 AM sets of resin wheels for this ..crap knows what im going to do with this many wheels  ;D
Just put aside a heap of time mate..this wont be built in a day..i worked on mine everyday for a week and thats not even painted or weathered yet but once ya start you will enjoy it..like i said ..its easy to build  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

PR19_Kit

The manual goes on for EVER! Step by step though, that's the way.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kerick

Better order up a gallon of paint!

I also went to a show (NIMCON) and brought home three Monogram kits. An F-105F, A-20 Havoc/Boston and an Albatross all in 1/72.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 20, 2022, 01:37:55 PM
Its not a manual Kit...its called a book  :lol: :lol:  :wacko:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 20, 2022, 01:37:55 PM

That's the way the new Airfix instructions are laid out as well and I must admit I prefer them like that. Some of the early Czech and Russian kits instructions can be described as mere "hints" at best and as for some early resin ones  :-X
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 20, 2022, 11:57:17 PM

That's the way the new Airfix instructions are laid out as well and I must admit I prefer them like that. Some of the early Czech and Russian kits instructions can be described as mere "hints" at best and as for some early resin ones  :-X

The 'instructions' for that IAC Gripen I built took up a whole 1/3 of the back of the box.............. :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 21, 2022, 03:08:09 AM

The 'instructions' for that IAC Gripen I built took up a whole 1/3 of the back of the box.............. :banghead:

The whole kit probably only took up a 1/3 of the box too

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Or less even.  ;D

Picked up all three of Alley Cat's Swift conversion sets from 'Models for Sale', which conveniently is about 5-6 miles from where I'm staying at the mo. While I was there I got the AK Sea Vixen Red Top missile set too, and all of these are connected with my 'The Swift actually worked' scenario.  ;)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 21, 2022, 08:10:24 AM

Picked up all three of Alley Cat's Swift conversion sets from 'Models for Sale', which conveniently is about 5-6 miles from where I'm staying at the mo. While I was there I got the AK Sea Vixen Red Top missile set too, and all of these are connected with my 'The Swift actually worked' scenario.  ;)

Swifts do have a lot of potential, I should have bought more of them when they were available.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

The Wooksta!

Plenty of Xtrakit ones about.

Other than the early prototypes for the mk4, they were to have had the same wing as the FR5 - IIRC, all of those were converted mk 4s anyway.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on June 21, 2022, 08:45:45 AM

Plenty of Xtrakit ones about.

Thanks' but no thanks.

Quote from: The Wooksta! on June 21, 2022, 08:45:45 AM

Other than the early prototypes for the mk4, they were to have had the same wing as the FR5 - IIRC, all of those were converted mk 4s anyway.

Not quite true. The Mk.7 had longer wings although yes that the Mk's 1-4 had the same wing.

Gondor

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Gondor on June 21, 2022, 08:58:09 AM

Not quite true. The Mk.7 had longer wings although yes that the Mk's 1-4 had the same wing.

Also not quite right. See my recent note on the defender thread re. the extended inner wing, only on the F2 and later marks.

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 21, 2022, 09:20:02 AM
Quote from: Gondor on June 21, 2022, 08:58:09 AM

Also not quite right. See my recent note on the defender thread re. the extended inner wing, only on the F2 and later marks.

Well I was not too far off and without looking at any refference, but fair point and well made.

Gondor