My stash just grew again. (2022)

Started by seadude, December 30, 2021, 03:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

In the mail this morning
An Idea JU-87 G-1 with 37mm cannons in 48th scale....its not a bad looking model for its age ..course detail aint that hot might change that ..might not .
I was thinking of a twin 87 but the other one i have is a much earlier plane ..has the large intake under the nose..ya never know tho.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Gondor

In the post today from eBay

1 x 1/72 Xtradecal X72106 The History of RAF 74 Squadron. I previously had one decent set of markings for this Squadrons Phantoms which I can now use on a P.1121 as per the RAF Year Book 1976

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Old Wombat

A pre-order I put in yesterday was posted today & is en route from BNA Model World (how's that for service! ;D ;));

1 x Airfix Models 1/72 Bristol Blenheim Mk.IV Fighter *Pre-Order (AX04017)
1 x Airfix Models 1/72 De Havilland Mosquito (AX04023)
1 x Kinetic Models 1/48 Dassault Super Etendard / Super Etendard Modernise (KI-K48061)

PS: Did I mention that thing about "temptation" earlier? :unsure:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on June 24, 2022, 05:29:07 AM
A pre-order I put in yesterday was posted today & is en route from BNA Model World (how's that for service! ;D ;));

1 x Airfix Models 1/72 Bristol Blenheim Mk.IV Fighter *Pre-Order (AX04017)
1 x Airfix Models 1/72 De Havilland Mosquito (AX04023)
1 x Kinetic Models 1/48 Dassault Super Etendard / Super Etendard Modernise (KI-K48061)

PS: Did I mention that thing about "temptation" earlier? :unsure:

The Mosquito is a stunner and the Blenheim not bad either. Nice choices  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Just received from eBay
1 x 1/72 Pavla C72097 BAC Strikemast Cockpit set

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Howard of Effingham

From Mike's Models in Birmingham....

1/72 ICM MiG-29 The Ghost of Kyiv

Some HSS drill bits and two pots of Humbrol 33.
Keeper of George the Cat.

The Wooksta!

Collected from Uncle Frank yesterday:
2 x Revell Martin B57B - donor fodder
Eduard Avia CS199 - utterly stunning kit.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

I took a trip to the Dewer Centre in Perth Scotland today for a Model Rail Show, or so the banner said. Came home with the following:

1 x Airfix Harrow 04652-7

1 x Airfix BR Mogul 04653-0

I could have spent a small fortune there, not just on train, track and rolling stock if I was so inclined as Squires Model and Craft tools were there too!

Gondor

Rheged

Quote from: Gondor on June 25, 2022, 09:14:33 AM
I took a trip to the Dewer Centre in Perth Scotland today for a Model Rail Show, or so the banner said. Came home with the following:

I could have spent a small fortune there, not just on train, track and rolling stock if I was so inclined as Squires Model and Craft tools were there too!

Gondor

The Southern Railway Schools class loco would look very smart in  Caledonian Railway blue.............and would cause nausea amongst the JMN rivet counting fraternity.............especially if you named it the Loretto, Fettes or Glenalmond.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Gondor

Quote from: Rheged on June 25, 2022, 09:40:59 AM
Quote from: Gondor on June 25, 2022, 09:14:33 AM

Gondor

The Southern Railway Schools class loco would look very smart in  Caledonian Railway blue.............and would cause nausea amongst the JMN rivet counting fraternity.............especially if you named it the Loretto, Fettes or Glenalmond.

That sounds like a plan. Only real difficulty would be the name plates. Fettes appeals to me as I have rung the bells there, or tin buckets which they are almost the size of.

Edit:
Just had a look inside the boxes of the above and which I had done that at the show. The Harrow kit is almost complete with one of the connecting rods haveing come adrift from one of the drive wheels, it looks as if a pin is broken, or something like that. A good thing for me to practice on. The Mogul is untouched and I have a daft Idea of putting a crew member on the foot plate looking like Captain Kirk and calling the engine Kahn!  ;D

Gondor

Wardukw

Won a auction for a built but broken Tamiya 1/20th scale Redbull F1 car.
Evil plans are afoot gentlemen  :wacko:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

NARSES2

Quote from: Gondor on June 25, 2022, 10:12:27 AM
The Mogul is untouched and I have a daft Idea of putting a crew member on the foot plate looking like Captain Kirk and calling the engine Kahn!  ;D

Gondor

Sounds like an idea  ;D

I remember the Harrow from back in the day when I had a train set, can't honestly say I've seen the Mogul before.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

The Mogul's just another of the VAST Kitmaster range that Airfix took over, most of them anyway.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

I had a look at Scalemates and found that out as well as the fact that Dapol took them over from Airfix.

Gondor

The Wooksta!

Not an acquisition, more a rediscovery.  Was handed a bag of bits by me Mam, as she's having a clearout.  Mainly latters and papers from an old drawer but also a C Scale RAF Germany Buccaneer set.  Intended for the Matchbox kit but would also do for the old or even the newer Airfix Bricks. Has some very nice practice bomb carriers in it.  Think I know what's going to happen to those...

Several questions remain.  How long has it been in there and when did I get it?  I can only remember getting one C Scale Brick set and that was for the maritime strike one.  I have absolutely no recollection of getting this one at all.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic