My stash just grew again. (2022)

Started by seadude, December 30, 2021, 03:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rheged

Quote from: The Wooksta! on June 26, 2022, 07:23:20 AM
Not an acquisition, more a rediscovery.  Was handed a bag of bits by me Mam, as she's having a clearout.  Mainly latters and papers from an old drawer but also a C Scale RAF Germany Buccaneer set.  Intended for the Matchbox kit but would also do for the old or even the newer Airfix Bricks. Has some very nice practice bomb carriers in it.  Think I know what's going to happen to those...

Several questions remain.  How long has it been in there and when did I get it?  I can only remember getting one C Scale Brick set and that was for the maritime strike one.  I have absolutely no recollection of getting this one at all.

Stashes above a certain mass have been reported in isolated cases to spontaneously generate further items without human intervention.  You may have found evidence of this phenomenon.   
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

Ahah, that would explain my bathroom ceiling falling down of course!

Increased mass in The Loft above it etc...........
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

It's possible someone may have given it to me with a view to moulding and casting certain parts, along with other resin bits.  I'm getting vague recollections now.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

Good stuff, that C Scale range. I have quite a few of them.

I'll bet Paul Lucas had a lot to do with carving their masters too.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

scooter

Quote from: Rheged on June 26, 2022, 09:08:56 AM
Not an acquisition, more a rediscovery.  Was handed a bag of bits by me Mam, as she's having a clearout.  Mainly latters and papers from an old drawer but also a C Scale RAF Germany Buccaneer set.  Intended for the Matchbox kit but would also do for the old or even the newer Airfix Bricks. Has some very nice practice bomb carriers in it.  Think I know what's going to happen to those...

Several questions remain.  How long has it been in there and when did I get it?  I can only remember getting one C Scale Brick set and that was for the maritime strike one.  I have absolutely no recollection of getting this one at all.

Stashes above a certain mass have been reported in isolated cases to spontaneously generate further items without human intervention.  You may have found evidence of this phenomenon.

Just like how change manages to propagate in your pocket.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

kitbasher

I had that set (I've still got at least one of the practice bomb carriers in the spares box) and it completely transforms the Matchbox Bucc.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Old Wombat

Dispatched from Hannants today (after 4 days of "Packaging");

1 x Kinetic Model Kits 1/48 Dassault Mirage 2000C (K48042)
1 x Scale Aircraft Conversions 1/48 Dassault Mirage 2000 Landing Gear (SAC48132)
2 x Aires 1/48 Dassault Mirage 2000C/2000B/2000D/2000N exhaust nozzle - closed (AIRE4556)**
1 x ResKit 1/48 Dassault Super Etendard wheels set (RS48-0194)

This "temptation" thing is becoming a real problem! :angry:

[**: Oops! Not "Dassault Super Etendard wheels set" - Fixed error!]
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

rickshaw

Quote from: Old Wombat on June 27, 2022, 01:17:20 AM
Dispatched from Hannants today (after 4 days of "Packaging");

1 x Kinetic Model Kits 1/48 Dassault Mirage 2000C (K48042)
1 x Scale Aircraft Conversions 1/48 Dassault Mirage 2000 Landing Gear (SAC48132)
2 x Aires 1/48 Dassault Super Etendard wheels set (AIRE4556)
1 x ResKit 1/48 Dassault Super Etendard wheels set (RS48-0194)

Sounds like you need an intervention, me'lad! :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

NARSES2

Just tell yourself that this is the last time you will succumb  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 27, 2022, 05:45:00 AM

Did that last time. I have this terrible feeling Brian may be right! :rolleyes:

rickshaw

Quote from: Old Wombat on June 27, 2022, 07:06:28 AM

Of course I am.  Just hand over your money and I'll make sure you never have to worry about it again... :wacko:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Old Wombat

Quote from: rickshaw on June 27, 2022, 08:45:11 PM
Quote from: Old Wombat on June 27, 2022, 07:06:28 AM

Of course I am.  Just hand over your money and I'll make sure you never have to worry about it again... :wacko:

Ye-ah ,,, Maybe not. ;) ;D

zenrat

Today I received;

Another one of these...
20220629_181705 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

...and one of these.  This will be the basis of my General Lee.  My plan is to use the grille and rear panel from the Revell Pro Modeller '69 Charger with this body*.  In theory they will fit as surely Revell would have used their earlier '69 moulds to produce their new '68 in 2008?  Surely...
20220629_181651 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

*I know, I know, you are all thinking "as the General is a '69 why doesn't he just use the whole Revell '69 kit and not mess around trying to match parts from two kits?"
Well the answer is because the Revell '69 body comes with moulded on vinyl roof texture and having once sanded a 1/25 model car roof smooth I don't want to have to go through that again.  '68 and '69 sheet metal is for all intents and purposes identical.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

'68-'69 Charger! Drooooool!  :wub:

May FAVE American car, ever!  :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

Rheged

I'm still waiting for a suitable American car with a stars and stripes as the General Grant  or General Sherman..............or even a Morris Minor with a Salvation Army flag on the roof; the General Booth.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet