My stash just grew again. (2022)

Started by seadude, December 30, 2021, 03:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

A Minor Traveller of course, the roof would have the correct proportions for the flag then.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

A parcel arrived from the Isle of Arran this morning, containing an AW171 and a 72nd Barnes Wallis Swallow.  Highly impressed with both, particularly the Swallow.  Some interesting design work in there.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

kitbasher

Quote from: The Wooksta! on June 29, 2022, 09:45:28 AM
A parcel arrived from the Isle of Arran this morning, containing an AW171 and a 72nd Barnes Wallis Swallow.  Highly impressed with both, particularly the Swallow.  Some interesting design work in there.

I got parcels from the same source yesterday - SARO P187 kit in one, P187 spares in another.  The first for an Anglo-Swedish joint build, the second for some Swedish kitbashing.  Photos in due course.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

PR19_Kit

A 1/72 Swallow? That'll take up some space, specially with the wings out!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

I'm looking closely at the engines, as I think they could be right for an Avro 729.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Lost Cosmonauts

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 29, 2022, 09:54:49 AM
A 1/72 Swallow? That'll take up some space, specially with the wings out!  :o

A real stretch to make, clean and cure - hopefully it'll build up nicely but won't become a regular part of my range. Just for the dangerously keen

Looking forward to seeing what everyone makes of them

"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete"

Lost Cosmonauts

Quote from: The Wooksta! on June 29, 2022, 09:56:21 AM
I'm looking closely at the engines, as I think they could be right for an Avro 729.

Dangerously keen, as previously foretold
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete"

The Wooksta!

The plans book is on the other side of the city, so I can't tell for sure. I also need to check an F4 wing against the same set of plans too. That's here too.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

JayBee

Just received from the Big H.
1/72 ICM "The Ghost of Kyiv"
ICM acrylic paint set for same.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Pellson

I haven't bought a single kit in at least two months. Am I still really alive? :o
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Lost Cosmonauts

Quote from: Pellson on June 30, 2022, 06:45:45 AM
I haven't bought a single kit in at least two months. Am I still really alive? :o

My brother is visiting from Sweden in late July so could be coerced into being a kit mule if you'd like anything?

PR19_Kit

Good question. I'd check if i were you. Breathing OK, heart pumping, etc etc?

Collected an Alley Cat Lightning F3 conversion kit from the local emporium, together with two heavy duty sanding sticks. AND four more Alley Cat Red Tops, all for use in the forthcoming LHC GB, plus a 1/144 Eastern Express An-12 for wing lengthening purposes on another LHC candidate.  ;D

Regards
Kit

Lost Cosmonauts

It'll get used for model making somehow so I'm counting it.

A 80W laser cutter - just assembly and set up to take care of tomorrow

Wardukw

There is a few things to check mate..first and most important..is there to much money in your account because you havent brought anything ?
Second..has your stash shrunk because you havent brought anything to restock it.
If the second one has occurred then your still alive but ...
Has your stress levels increased because you havent brought anything model wise.
Its quite a comprehensive list really so i wont go completely into it but you might just need to buy a kit just to be 100% sure  ;D
Hell i brought a cheap as chips Revell 25th scale Corvette yesterday..not idea why but got me heart going so all good  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

PR19_Kit

With perfect timing, am Airfix Lightning F2A kit arrived from eBay, complete with two Firestreaks of course.  ;)

Regards
Kit