My stash just grew again. (2022)

Started by seadude, December 30, 2021, 03:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

Thanks for that Womby.  :thumbsup:

I read the Wiki bit, and it mentions that the RAN used them, but a separate Wiki called 'RAN Aircraft' ignores them totally.  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

Hmmm now it might be the lack of coffee but i am sure Womby is hinting at something here  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

The Wooksta!

Was given an Airfix DH Comet racer earlier.  Only needed the engines and undercarriage for the twin Proctor project.  Although I'm more tempted with a twin Chipmunk instead.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Wardukw

Quote from: Old Wombat on July 04, 2022, 05:55:50 PM
Moi? :angel:
Ummm yup ..totally yup  ;D

Quote from: The Wooksta! on July 04, 2022, 06:06:49 PM
Was given an Airfix DH Comet racer earlier.  Only needed the engines and undercarriage for the twin Proctor project.  Although I'm more tempted with a twin Chipmunk instead.
Go with temptation Lee..love the idea of a twin Chipmunk. :thumbsup:
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Wardukw

Just put a order in for ..
4 x 1/25th scale turbos
2 x 1/25th scale hi step wings
1 x 1/25th scale single plain wing
1 x 1/25th scale racing seat
A couple pots of Tamiya paint
And a 1mm chrome paint pen
That pen was bloody near as much as the 4 turbos and a wing combined..but ive wanted one for ages ..cant wait to try it .

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on July 04, 2022, 11:56:10 PM

That pen was bloody near as much as the 4 turbos and a wing combined..but ive wanted one for ages ..cant wait to try it .

If it's a Molotov pen, they're pretty good. I was impressed with the finish they gave my Roller for the Prototype GB.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

From AJ Aviation (formerly The Aviation Hobby Shop) in their 50% off kits closing down sale:

Eduard Profipack 1/72:
Spitfire IXc early
Spitfire IXc late

Airfix 1/72
Jetstream
Lim-5 (aka MiG-17)

Revell 1/80-something: B-57 Canberra.

All for real world builds except the B-57.  Jetstream frees up a battered 1980s boxing for whiffery.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

PR19_Kit

A hefty package from Amazon absolutely STUFFED with various abrasive pads and sticks etc.

Just a sign of the VAST amount of PSR I've been doing of late, and of how much I predict I'll be doing in the future! :(

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 05, 2022, 02:01:43 AM
Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on July 04, 2022, 11:56:10 PM

If it's a Molotov pen, they're pretty good. I was impressed with the finish they gave my Roller for the Prototype GB.  :thumbsup:
Thanks Kit  ;D..now i AM looking forward to getting..nice know i scored a goodin here  ;D

AeroplaneDriver

A couple of decal sheets arrived today form TwoBobs;

1/48 A-4 "Draken International" sheet.  This is earmarked for a mild Whif of a Draken L-39 flying on the new MoD DACT contract out of Teeside.  I'm sure the actual Draken L-39s will be a dull scheme, but I plan on exploring more interesting Aggressor options.   

1/48 F-5E "PACAF Gomers" sheet.  Always a good source of Whif decals, but with two AFV F-5Es in the stash I'm guessing some will end up on a RW build. 

So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Wardukw

Had a pile of massive scores today lads..check this out...all this was $40nz
24 x brand new humbrol acrylic paints.
12 x brand new humbrol enamel paints
7 x 3/4 full Tamiya lacquer spray cans and one Tamiya X1 bottle of black..happy ? you bet i am but was those annoying adds go..but wait theres more ..
2 x sets of 1/24th scale Aoshima wheel sets..one is 19in and the other 20in
1 x Aoshima wing and custom parts set .
1 x Fujimi GT-T Wing set and muffler set.
I got those for $10 each as their water damaged ..oh i did the math on all the paint ..cause im nosey....comes to a price of $ 286.30nz ..damn!!

NARSES2

Quote from: kitbasher on July 05, 2022, 06:14:25 AM

Eduard Profipack 1/72:
Spitfire IXc early
Spitfire IXc late

Lovely kits if a little fussy, but then you just use the etch YOU want to use  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Just received rom the Big yellow H

1 x 1/72 Brengun U.S. Flare/CHAFF dispencers , BRL72079 Etched brass faces bought as general stock to g onto various project present and future.
1 x 1/72 Falcon RAF WWII Part 3 canopies. FNCV1772. Bought as I have an old Airfix kit sans canopy which has been promoted to a whiff project where it will become a short Shorts Sterling  ;D
1 x 1/72 Quickboost Avro Lancaset B.I/III gun barrels QB72457 to be used with one of the Lancaster kits I have knocking around.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....