My stash just grew again. (2022)

Started by seadude, December 30, 2021, 03:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

A package from Keiv arrived today.

2 x 1/72 Resikit Gloster Meteor Wheel Set (RS72-0266) for the two Xtrakit Meteor kits I have in the stash

1 x 1/72 Resikit B-57 Canberra type 1 wheel set (RS72-0117) to be used on a Canberra, obviously, I just can't remember which one  :-\

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

AeroplaneDriver

Box of random junk arrived today.  Got this cheap on eBay and bid on it because it looked like a treasure chest of detailing parts for some starship kit bashing.

A TON of warship PE and resin detail sets, mostly 1/350 along with a whole lot of 1/350 ship/airwing decals and a handful of 1/24 race car decals.  Some interesting possibilities here, and it has me itching to bash together a starship. 

So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Gondor

Received from the BIG yellow H today

2 x 1/72 Eduard Hunter Mk6. SS230

1 x 1/72 Xtradecal EE/BAC Lightning F. Mks. 1 & 2

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

DogfighterZen

Received today from Modellbau Koenig... the price was good and i've wanted the Eduard Mustang for quite some time so i finally bit the bullet and got one... the RS P-51H came along because he's family... ;D :mellow:

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Wardukw

I be thinking your gonna enjoy ya self with this Eduard Mustang Doggu mate ..they are pretty damn good from everything ive read.
I want the Eduard propak Mig21 ..its a GOD DAMN!!! sort of kit and all the goodies ya get with it is amazing considering its not a mental price yet it is here or course $160+ nz ..so hopefully one day  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

DogfighterZen

Yep, i know how that goes... It was the same with the Tamiya F-14D, over 100€ on every shop... I got lucky and found a shop doing a promotion, selling them for 85€... I knew it would be hard to find another one for that price anytime soon so i got it then and there. :mellow:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

NARSES2

That Eduard Mustang offers some really nice colour schemes and I'm tempted to get it just for those, even though it is 1/48  :angel:.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

From a model shop in Poland a whiffy Modelcollect 1:72 E-50 tank with a Rheintochter SAM launch pad on top. Nutty in itself, but not to be built OOB, rather intended as a donor bank or other conversions.  ;)

Gondor

Received from Howes Models today

7 x 15ml RailMatch paint bottles.

610 LMS Crimson Lake
613 LMS Stock Roof Grey

402, 403, 405, 412 & 415 RailMatch Enamel Weathering Pack.

Unfortunately I received two of the 402's and no 403 so a picture has been sent to Howes Models along with a copy of the order.

Gondor

DogfighterZen

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 13, 2022, 05:29:43 AM
That Eduard Mustang offers some really nice colour schemes and I'm tempted to get it just for those, even though it is 1/48  :angel:.

I got this box because it has a shark mouth in one of the schemes so, instead of buying the shark mouth in an AM decal sheet, i got the kit and the sheet came as bonus. And also because it has masks and a PE fret for the cockpit although i may end up trying Quinta Studio's 3D sets on this one. :mellow:
I normally buy a few kits of my favorite planes in both in 1/48 and 1/72 and the reason for that is just detail quality. This kit has some beautiful detailing and it's the best Mustang in 1/48 so this will be built OOB... with Portuguese markings, of course.  ;D :mellow:

So, the next one was delivered yesterday but i only got it today because nobody was home to receive it so the delivery guy dropped it at the local gas station, which is also a mail pick up point and it's just a 5 minute drive from my house...

There's no such thing as "enough kits of the Viper family" in my stash... :wub:

Gondor

Quote from: DogfighterZen on July 13, 2022, 01:19:26 PM

Is that 1/72 scale?

Gondor

PR19_Kit

Garnered another Airfix U-2 from eBay today.  ;D

It's the later version with the second seat, not that I'm likely to build it like that.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Gondor on July 13, 2022, 01:28:34 PM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on July 13, 2022, 01:19:26 PM

Is that 1/72 scale?

Gondor

Yep!  :mellow:

Old Wombat

These arrived yesterday, picked up today:

1 x Kinetic Model Kits 1/48 Dassault Mirage 2000C (K48042)
1 x Scale Aircraft Conversions 1/48 Dassault Mirage 2000 Landing Gear (SAC48132)
2 x Aires 1/48 Dassault Mirage 2000C/2000B/2000D/2000N exhaust nozzle - closed (AIRE4556)**
1 x ResKit 1/48 Dassault Super Etendard wheels set (RS48-0194)

I was amused by the customs declaration forms attached to the box;

1 x dinosaur figure (Mfg. HK)
1 x kinetic toy (Mfg. US)
2 x bubble blowing toy (Mfg. CZ)
1 x push/pedal riding vehicle (Mfg. UA)

Items declared are in place of manufacture & (matching) price order from the first list.

;D ;D ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Rheged

Looking at these  lists together,  I rather like the idea of a Mirage 2000 C  blowing bubbles from its exhaust nozzles............I'm sure Tophe would be charmed by the thought!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet