My stash just grew again. (2022)

Started by seadude, December 30, 2021, 03:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 16, 2022, 05:59:49 AM
Alistair, note that the Airfix PR9 doesn't have the Nav's cockpit in the correct position, right in the nose. They've used the same moulds as they did for the B(I)8 with the Nav behind the pilot! :(

The Pavla bits do have the correct 'coal hole' cockpit for the Nav though.

Alastair knows that the nav is in the nose, Airfix actually do it right just maybe not accuratly. As the build is a whiff does it matter?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Pellson

Quote from: Gondor on July 16, 2022, 07:49:15 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 16, 2022, 05:59:49 AM
Alistair, note that the Airfix PR9 doesn't have the Nav's cockpit in the correct position, right in the nose. They've used the same moulds as they did for the B(I)8 with the Nav behind the pilot! :(

The Pavla bits do have the correct 'coal hole' cockpit for the Nav though.

Alastair knows that it didn't look right but as it's going into the P.12 who is to say that it's wrong?

Gondor

I would like to precautionary excuse my future misspellings of the name in question. To all of you. I sincerely will not mean any harm but I am nevertheless too well aware of the irritation such mistakes cause. So - I am sorry. Because I will get it wrong, and probably repeatedly.  :-\
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Gondor

Quote from: Pellson on July 16, 2022, 07:54:52 AM

I would like to precautionary excuse my future misspellings of the name in question. To all of you. I sincerely will not mean any harm but I am nevertheless too well aware of the irritation such mistakes cause. So - I am sorry. Because I will get it wrong, and probably repeatedly.  :-\

Your safe  ;D Easiest way to not get the names wrong is to use the nicknames as each is very individual, more so than real names.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

PR19_Kit

Alastair knows that the nav is in the nose, Airfix actually do it right just maybe not accuratly. As the build is a whiff does it matter?

Depends how much of the PR9 is a PR9. The real thing has a socking great fuel tank where the Nav and WOp sat in the bomber versions.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 16, 2022, 08:21:34 AM

Depends how much of the PR9 is a PR9. The real thing has a socking great fuel tank where the Nav and WOp sat in the bomber versions.

There is a bulkhead behind the pilot so I am assuming that it's correct as far as that goes, it also looks simmilar to the resin cockpit just not as detailed.

Gondor

Lost Cosmonauts

I picked up a little pocket sized vintage book for ~£1.50

https://flic.kr/p/2nyxo7L

The intro

" This book contains a survey of the types of aircraft which will be used in the
near future. The most modern types
are included. Each illustration gives the
following particulars: name of the aircratt, its type, its nationality, its engine, its pertormance expressed in figures and, finally, a general arrangement drawing. If such details are not given, this means that they were not known on publication of this booklet, or that they are being kept secret. At least
a few details of each type of aircratt are
given."

A proper little treasure trove of what-if types with some artist's impressions including the airliner versions of the Vulcan and Victor and several types I'd never heard of before (Fairchild M-186B anyone?)
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete"

Gondor

Received today from eBay

1 x 1/72 Airfix Supermarine Swift FR.5 No idea what will happen to it but I thought it would be a good idea to have another in the stash  ;D

Gondor

TallEng

Received from the recent Special Hobby sale/offer/discount recently;
Special Hobby Spitfire F.Mk.21
    ".        ".     Seafire FR.47 "simple set" X3 (basically the sprues only) but i think all the bits are there for any late mark Seafire/Spitfire plus plenty of spares.
Special Hobby Bolton Paul Balliol T.2 X2

Regards Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

Flyer

Quote from: Lost Cosmonauts on July 16, 2022, 12:12:20 PM
I picked up a little pocket sized vintage book for ~£1.50

https://flic.kr/p/2nyxo7L

The intro

" This book contains a survey of the types of aircraft which will be used in the
near future. The most modern types
are included. Each illustration gives the
following particulars: name of the aircratt, its type, its nationality, its engine, its pertormance expressed in figures and, finally, a general arrangement drawing. If such details are not given, this means that they were not known on publication of this booklet, or that they are being kept secret. At least
a few details of each type of aircratt are
given."

A proper little treasure trove of what-if types with some artist's impressions including the airliner versions of the Vulcan and Victor and several types I'd never heard of before (Fairchild M-186B anyone?)

Looks like a great find!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

sandiego89

My decal stash just got a major bump.  Listed on Facebook marketplace by a guy that picked them up at a garage sale.

He estimated about 400 sheets/partials and I don't doubt it, mostly US, WWII to around 1995 markings, all 1/72 scale.  Some are unopened, some have a few missing, and some are just the leftovers.  99% look usable.  Whoever had it sure loved Phantoms and WWII Mustangs especially, but also numerous F-18s, F-14s, F-15's, F-84's, P/F-80s, other Korean war ere jets and props, P-47s, US Army Helo's etc.  etc.   Many have foreign alternative schemes.   

Phantom lefovovers, Mustang, F-14, KC-135

Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Wardukw

A brilliant score Dave..theres a lot of coin there mate   :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

As for my stash..
1/25th scale resin Gibson ZL-1 427 Pro Stock Drag motor arrived in the mail today from Zenrat/Fred for my Pikes Peak open class hillclimb car  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Rick Lowe

Went to the local Library and had them 3-D print some Calvin & Hobbes figures. :thumbsup:

3 sets - on a sled, in the Wagon and crossing a log.

Not bad for $14.20 NZBucks

Have to do a lot of clipping off of extraneous bits, but then that's 3-D printing for you, huh.

Should be fun to paint - not much shading, no weathering...

but plenty of dirtying down...! ;D

PR19_Kit

....and you were hoping we'd not notice the float Bearcat Dave?  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est