My stash just grew again. (2022)

Started by seadude, December 30, 2021, 03:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

It seems I did, as I was the first to comment on it after Dave posted the build.  :banghead:

It's the heat, I tell you, it's getting to me! :(
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

A couple of purchases, half a world away from each other, today of "bits'n'pieces":

BNA Model World;

1 x Metallic Details 1/72 Heinkel He 111. VS-11 Propeller Set for ICM/Revell/Monogram Kits (MED-MDR7249) - I'll make them fit the Italeri He 111 H6 in my stash missing it's prop's (used elsewhere)
1 x Profi Modeller 1/72 Heinkel He-111 Czechoslovak and Slovak Decal (PROF-72009) - For the previously mentioned Italeri He 111 H6
1 x AMMO by Mig Jimenez Rubber Brush Set (5 Different Rubber Brushes) (A.MIG-7606)
1 x MAiM 1/35 Girl Playing Guitar (MAIM35541)
1 x Yahu Models 1/35 British Scammell Pionier Instrument Panel for IBG/Thunder Model (YML3504)
1 x Hornet 1/35 5x More Heads with WWII Style Haircuts (HOR-HH22)
1 x Profi Modeller 1/32 Douglas A-4 Skyhawk Gun Barrels w/Fuel Port for Trumpeter kits (PROF-32098P) - Scale-o-rama weapons for my nose job builds (I need to work out what I want)
1 x Aber 1/32 German 13mm Aircraft Machine Guns MG 131 (late type) Barrels Set (2pcs) (AB A32021) - Scale-o-rama weapons for my nose job builds (I need to work out what I want)
2 x Master Models 1/72 Hawker Hurricane Mk.IIC Hispano Mk.I 20mm Cannons (w/Flat Recoil Springs)(4pcs) (AM-72-066) - Scale-o-rama weapons for my nose job builds (I need to work out what I want)
1 x Master Models 1/72 F-5 A/E/F Tiger II "Freedom Fighter" (Standard Nose) Pitot Tube & 20mm Gun Barrels (AM-72-139) - Probably for the La-200B fuselage nose job build.
2 x Master Models 1/72 T-38 Talon/F-5B/RF-5A/E/S Pitot Tube & 20mm Gun Barrels (AM-72-141) - Probably for the La-200B fuselage nose job build.

Hannants;

1 x SBS Model 1/72 Mikoyan MiG-15UTI Finnish Air Force decals (SBSD7202D)
1 x SBS Model 1/48 Mikoyan MiG-15UTI Finnish Air Force decals (SBSD4802D)
2 x Xtradecal 1/72 Royal Australian/RAAF and Royal New Zealand/RNZAF Air Force roundels. Assorted sizes (X72260) - Can never have enough 'Roo roundels .... Weird feather & bipedal fluffy echidna roundels will be up for grabs.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

4 pots of Gunze Sangyo paint, including the vital Dark Sea Grey for my Swift F10 build.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on July 20, 2022, 04:28:41 AM
A couple of purchases,

Interesting use of the word "couple"  ;D Once had an interesting conversation, at school I think, on the subject of when a "couple" becomes a "few" and then a "number of"  ;D

An interesting mix  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 20, 2022, 06:21:03 AM
A couple of purchases,

Interesting use of the word "couple"  ;D Once had an interesting conversation, at school I think, on the subject of when a "couple" becomes a "few" and then a "number of"  ;D

Well, there were only two purchases, one from BNA & one from Hannants, I never said anything about "items". :angel:

Pellson

I MIGHT have swept up some spoils from the sea of Evilbay. Stay tuned..  :angel:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Wardukw

I do like Guy's idea of "a few" but dudes i would absolutely love to see his idea of "a lot"  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

scooter

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on July 20, 2022, 12:28:10 PM
I do like Guy's idea of "a few" but dudes i would absolutely love to see his idea of "a lot"  ;D

Probably be arriving in a 20' conex box.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Wardukw

Quote from: scooter on July 20, 2022, 01:04:04 PM
;D ;D id probably put good money down on that .

I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on July 20, 2022, 01:06:02 PM

C'mon, guys! :rolleyes:

The BNA buy will probably come in a box no bigger than the average 1/72 WW2 fighter kit & the Hannants order will come in an A5 or A4 envelope (rigid, I hope).

Wardukw

Quote from: Old Wombat on July 20, 2022, 06:47:41 PM
Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on July 20, 2022, 01:06:02 PM

C'mon, guys! :rolleyes:

The BNA buy will probably come in a box no bigger than the average 1/72 WW2 fighter kit & the Hannants order will come in an A5 or A4 envelope (rigid, I hope).
Thats very ture Guy but the 20 foot can will hold everything else at some point   ;D
Honestly ...if i had a kit buying spree..id need a 40 footer  ;D

Oh also..scored yesterday..9 jars of Tamiya paint ..some used..rest new.
2 x Italeri 1/35th Landrover 110 ambulances..built baddly..painted first then glued..fell to bits in my hands with a little bit of persuasion  ;D
1 x Italeri 1/35th 110 Landrover hard top troop carrier...see above for model description  ;D
1 x Tamiya 1/35th long range desert patrol group Chev ..rerelease with the new tires
which dont split .
All that for $30 nz.

Also got a call from my fav LHS ..seems some more models turned up today which are being held for me ..both second hand but unbuilt.
1 x Meng 1/35th Panther..dont know the verison..could be a early or late ..i forgot to ask  :rolleyes:
Now the beauty..
1 x Meng 1/35th M3A3 Bradley with TUSK and the Meng upgrade full interior set.
No idea how much but wont be anywhere to the normal retail price.

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on July 20, 2022, 07:46:35 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on July 20, 2022, 06:21:03 AM
A couple of purchases,

Well, there were only two purchases, one from BNA & one from Hannants, I never said anything about "items". :angel:

You never told us that you had some legal training ?  ;)

I've known a couple of ladies who've used exactly the same argument, but based on credit card receipts  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

A(nother) Revell 1:72 G.91R, the boxing with Portuguese Tiger Meet markings.

PR19_Kit

MORE Gunze Sangayo paint pots, hopefully including the PROPER Dark Sea Grey this time.................

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Went into the Post Office today (on my day off!) and picked up the following sent there from Metro Hobbies.
1/72 KPM Hawker Tempest F.2 Silver Wings.
1/72 KPM Hawker Tempest Mk V Series 1.

Commendably small boxes.  Just a shame they are end opening.  Sprues look good but I haven't opened the bags yet.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..