My stash just grew again. (2022)

Started by seadude, December 30, 2021, 03:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on July 22, 2022, 04:24:46 AM

Commendably small boxes.  Just a shame they are end opening.  Sprues look good but I haven't opened the bags yet.

Yup, that's why I keep a few Airfix boxes around so I can organise parts and sub-assemblies.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 22, 2022, 05:23:58 AM

Commendably small boxes.  Just a shame they are end opening.  Sprues look good but I haven't opened the bags yet.

Yup, that's why I keep a few Airfix boxes around so I can organise parts and sub-assemblies.

I keep a selection of various sizes under the bench so I can select the most appropriate one.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Things like the boxes Christmas cards come in are very useful as well, that and biscuit/chocolate tins/boxes. Plus with the later you have to empty them first of course  :angel: Waste not, want not  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

I use ice cream cartons, or Chinese take-away boxes for my projects.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

I could give a talk and display about the various sizes and artwork of several margarine brands from the various empty tubs that have become repositorys for spares from a multitude of types of aircraft or vehicle over the years.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Gondor

Received today from eBay

1 x 1/72 Airfix Supermarine Swift FR.5. After seeings Kit work on his I thought it a good idea to stock up on a few.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Wooksta!

Quote from: zenrat on July 22, 2022, 05:25:13 AM

I keep a selection of various sizes under the bench so I can select the most appropriate one.

I always reuse boxes wherever possible.  The Airfix and Tamiya ones being the most highly prized.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Rheged

Quote from: The Wooksta! on July 22, 2022, 07:32:43 AM
Quote from: zenrat on July 22, 2022, 05:25:13 AM

I always reuse boxes wherever possible.  The Airfix and Tamiya ones being the most highly prized.

I tend to use the  plastic saucers that go under plant pots. They come in various sizes and  are very cheap, robust, long lived and (assuming Bridget.....Madame R.... hasn't swiped them for the garden) always around in the garden shed.  They are also handy if dismantling/repairing anything mechanical or electrical.

The precise nature of the container(s) is probably  irrelevant but the fact that we all use one sort or another is important
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

DogfighterZen

Delivered yesterday from Super hobby in Poland, another AZ Seafang, a couple of Yahu panels for the Special Hobby P-40N and Mirage F.1 and a set of 1/48 F-5E/F and F-20's pitot tube and gun barrels for the one of the AFV kits in my stash.

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

NARSES2

Quote from: DogfighterZen on July 22, 2022, 10:32:37 AM
a couple of Yahu panels for the Special Hobby P-40N and Mirage F.1

After canopy masks these are probably my "must have" accessory if available for the kit I'm getting. Great value and super easy to use  :thumbsup:

DogfighterZen

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 23, 2022, 05:29:00 AM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on July 22, 2022, 10:32:37 AM
a couple of Yahu panels for the Special Hobby P-40N and Mirage F.1

After canopy masks these are probably my "must have" accessory if available for the kit I'm getting. Great value and super easy to use  :thumbsup:

Yes, sir! These look great and one of the reasons i'm going to buy the ones available for the kits i have, is because of what you and others have been saying about them. Painting masks are also on my list, as well as pot tubes and gun barrels. :thumbsup:

Edit- I really meant to write "pitot tubes"...  :rolleyes: Must've been the auto correct... ;D :angel:  ;D
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

The Rat

Found this in a antique shop in Tweed, Ontario. Probably paid way more than it was worth, but for a few bucks I don't haggle with a small businessperson trying to make a living. Scale unknown, rivets galore, and no decals. But I inventoried on the spot, and it looks like all the major parts are there, including the canopy, and probably all the small ones. It will be subjected to the usual indignities that I force upon plastic, and no doubt become another 'What if?'

Box by Dave Bailey, on Flickr

Kit by Dave Bailey, on Flickr
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

PR19_Kit

Scalemates says it's the ever popular 1/75 scale.  :thumbsup:

Plus you get to know who flies it as their name is embossed right onto the wings of the model!  :o

Does it have that lovely 'Map of the world' stand base with a ball joint on top so you can swivel it about too?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Rat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 23, 2022, 10:36:22 AM
Scalemates says it's the ever popular 1/75 scale.  :thumbsup:

Plus you get to know who flies it as their name is embossed right onto the wings of the model!  :o

Does it have that lovely 'Map of the world' stand base with a ball joint on top so you can swivel it about too?

No stand, but I have plenty of spares if it gets done 'wheels up.'
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

AeroplaneDriver

Nice early birthday trip to one of our better local model shops (about an hour from home) where SWMBO treated me to two models.

Airfix 1/48 Lightning F.1/2/3
Freedom Models 1/48 F-20B

I also got myself a nice selection of Vallejo paints, MicroSol, sanding sponges, Tamiya Extra Thin Cement, and superfine Milliput.  Overall a very good shopping trip.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....