My stash just grew again. (2022)

Started by seadude, December 30, 2021, 03:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McColm

I went to the food bank in Welling Kent yesterday and found this kit, bargain at £1.

It says no glue or paint required in the instructions
I added the door mirrors but I never new that The Saint's car had tinted rear lenses. I will paint the necessary parts to make it look like the photos on the box and keep the decals until I can buy another kit with clear lenses.

Revell did the Avengers 'Gambit's Jaguar XJS ' with a red bodyshell and the same parts.

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

McColm

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 24, 2022, 01:35:12 AM
An excellent find.  :thumbsup:
Thanks PR19 Kit,  I could change the number plate to read ST IG.

zenrat

Good score Mac.
:thumbsup:

I received another KP Tempest today.  This time an F.6 "Silver Wings".  On initial examinationIt looks to be identical to the F.2 kit.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

The Wooksta!

"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

zenrat

Not a complaint Lee, an observation.  Confirmation if you like.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

The Wooksta!

I'm curious to know if that nose fits the Matchbox kit - yes, I know it has a Centaurus anyway, but it's always felt a bit too chunky.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

zenrat

Can't help you as I don't have an example of the Matchbox kit.  They go for more than I am prepared to pay.  Mind you, prices should drop now a modern alternative is available.  I'd like one purely for nostalgia reasons as one of my very early whiffs as a youth was a gloss lime green butterfly tailed jet powered Matchbox Tempest.
I do have an Academy Mk V.
Any point in putting a KP Centaurus nose on an Airfix Mk V?

Fred

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on July 25, 2022, 05:54:02 AM

You'd need to sort the wing radiators, but the Airfix kit is a nice build, of a early model Mk V, and you'd obviously have to remove the Sabre. As far as fit goes, I've no idea ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 25, 2022, 06:25:45 AM
Quote from: zenrat on July 25, 2022, 05:54:02 AM

You'd need to sort the wing radiators, but the Airfix kit is a nice build, of a early model Mk V, and you'd obviously have to remove the Sabre. As far as fit goes, I've no idea ?

I don't see the point.  I mean, if you've the engine spare and want another Tempest II, but you've got to do a cut and shut, plus sorting out the radiators.  Why not just get another KP one but with different decals?  There's no real price benefit either.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Howard of Effingham

1/72 Sword T-39D
1/72 Sword T-39A

Nice to have a decent looking T39/Sabreliner kit at last.

Also a couple of etched brass sets for the 1/72 He115 floatplane [Revell but will fit the Matchbox kit that I have]
Keeper of George the Cat.

AeroplaneDriver

Ok absolute last Birthday prezzie model...to myself. A day out today found us 5 mins from a fairly local shop that has had a very stagnant selection for two years.  Stopped in today to find a LOT of new stock.

Managed to talk myself into a new tool Airfix Bucc. The RAF boxing.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Gondor

Got home to find that the postie had left a parcle with a neighbour  :thumbsup:

Inside the box was

2 x 1/72 Special hobby 100-SS024 DH Sea Vixen FAW1 Simple Set. So two early Sea Vixens without decals but so what! One may well become real word while the other will not  :wacko:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

SleeperService

Quote from: Gondor on July 26, 2022, 09:31:43 AM
Got home to find that the postie had left a parcle with a neighbour  :thumbsup:

Inside the box was

2 x 1/72 Special hobby 100-SS024 DH Sea Vixen FAW1 Simple Set. So two early Sea Vixens without decals but so what! One may well become real word while the other will not  :wacko:

Gondor

What is this Real World of which you speak??

Got a Testors S.6B Saturday from the Hospice shop floats to a Gladiator. Today a 1/48 Whirlwind fighter arrived as a part-ex, not very good replica but a pair of Merlins will sort that out.....

Wardukw

Posty person delivered my AMT Newman Hass Kmart Lola T8800 in the mail today ..those parts are going to a new home  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .