My stash just grew again. (2022)

Started by seadude, December 30, 2021, 03:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Howard of Effingham on August 09, 2022, 08:20:35 AM

If you PM me with an email address I will send you some photos.

PM will be sent. :mellow: :thumbsup:

P.S.: Forgot to mention that this was delivered yesterday, the KP/RV Mig-23 MLD.
Looks great in the box, just too bad it doesn't have any weapons but, i imagine i can find something for al the pylons.

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Wardukw

In the mail today..
A pack of 5 CMK saw blades and a wooden handle to hold those blades  ;D
Anddd a letter from Chris.. Narses2..containing 6 lovely little WW1 Italian roundels for my Spad wiffy build  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Dizzyfugu

Two Hasegawa 1:72 Aircraft Weapon sets (III, AAMs and VII, Special Bombs & LANTIRN pods) from ev!lbay.

NARSES2

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on August 11, 2022, 05:14:22 PM

Anddd a letter from Chris.. Narses2..containing 6 lovely little WW1 Italian roundels for my Spad wiffy build  :thumbsup:

They probably came back with your Commonwealth Games cycling team  ;)  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

A few items to detail today, from eBay

1 x 1/72 Airfix McDonnel Douglas Phantom FGR.2

from Hannants a few more bits...

1 x 1/72 CMK Phantom FGR.1 Cockpit set for the Airfix kit

2 x 1/72 Quickboost Brittish Phantom FG.1/FGR.2 RWR correction set

2 x 1/72 eduard Zoom Phantom FGR.2

1 x 1/72 eduard Zoom TA-4J

1 x 1/48 eduard Zoom Hunter F.6 for Airfix Kit

1 x 1/48 Hunter F.6 seatbelts for Airfix kit

1 x 1/48 Kits-World 3-D printed Hunter F.6 Instrument panels

1 x 1/72 Airfix Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-17F 'Fresco' (Shenyang J-5)

1 x 1/72 Xtradecal X72292 RAF Phantom FGR.2 Pt 3

1 x 1/72 Xtradecal X72294 RAF Phantom FG.1 & FGR.2 Pt 5

1 x 1/72 Xtradecal X72295 RAF Phantom FGR.2 Pt 6

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Wardukw

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 12, 2022, 05:25:18 AM
Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on August 11, 2022, 05:14:22 PM

They probably came back with your Commonwealth Games cycling team  ;)  :thumbsup:
Yeah..six more coloured round things for them to travel with  :lol:
Thanks again for those Chris  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

DogfighterZen

Got these today from Accura hobby via ebay:

1 Yahu 1/72 P-40B IP
1 Yahu 1/48 P-51D late IP
2 Master M197 cannon - 1/72 and 1/48

Still have to buy 2 more in 1/48 and 1 in 1/72 for the RAH-66 Comanche kits in my stash.
The Yahu panel in 1/48 for late P-51D models are made for the Tamiya or Hasegawa kits... this was not what i wanted because the image on ebay showed it was for the Eduard kit... Not a big problem, i'll either stick this one in the Airfix kit or just buy a Tamiya Mustang to use it... :angel:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

seadude

My stash just grew again........but not for long.

Picked up the following yesterday at my local model club's auction:
ITALERI 1/48 scale F-15A/C Eagle (Thinking about converting this to carry AIM-54 Phoenix missiles.)
A small BANDAI kit of three 1/1000 scale Starblazers 2202 UNCF spaceships.
Testor 1/72 scale B-2 stealth bomber (This makes the third kit I have now.)
AIRFIX 1/72 scale Apollo 11 moon landing (Kit # A50106)
AIRFIX 1/72 scale Avro Vulcan B.Mk.2  (Kit # 9-09002)
AIRFIX 1/72 scale Vickers Valiant Bk.Mk.1  (Kit # A11001)

Actually, I don't need the British aircraft kits as I don't build British aircraft. It's just that nobody else was interested in them and nobody bought them in the auction. So they sat alone all by themselves on a table after the auction and I kinda felt sorry for them being all alone and all. So I bought them for $1 each. I'll most likely try to sell them in an upcoming model swap meet next weekend or I'll donate them to a model contest raffle in the next month or two.
The bad things about the Vulcan is that the box is warped and not in good shape.
The decals for the Vulcan are totally trashed, but all the parts sprues are still sealed in bags.
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

Old Wombat

Amongst a whole bunch of "consumables" (putty, paint, tape), these found their way into the Wombat Stash today via various means:

1 x Eduard/Brassin 1/72 Set of 4 AIM-9B Sidewinders (672036)
1 x ResKit 1/72 Set of 4 AIM-7E Sparrow IIIs (RS72-0320)
1 x Armory 1/35 SH-60 Set of Wheels with Weighted Tyres (AR AW35302) - for a 1/35 MH-60 hiding in the stash, somewhere
1 x Takom 1/35 M114 A1E1 CRV (2149) - the vehicle was a failure but an interesting looking failure & this version has a 20mm Hispano-Suisa cannon mounted on top
1 x Italeri 1/48 Saab JA 37 / AJ 37 Viggen (2785) - ESCI original moulds
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Gondor

Couple of items arrived from various sources today

1 x 1/72 Air-Graphic Models Hawker Hunter F6/FGA9 Cockpit set

1 x 1/48 Xtradecal X48105 Hawker Hunter F.6 and FGR.9

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Rick Lowe

I finally scored a Dragon 1/200 B-52, so the Brother-in-Law's Christmas Present is 'Go'!

A few mods to make, but I've done them before so no worries on that score - though I will modify the landing gear so it's a bit sturdier...

Pellson

As hinted, the EBay Tornado haul, topped (pun very much intended indeed  ;)) by a Jaguar arrived today. Good timing, as I'm still fiddling slowly on the two German PA200s.

I realise I'm back buying much faster than I'm building. Hmmm.... Might want to adjust that ratio a bit.. 
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Pellson on August 16, 2022, 03:42:52 AM

I realise I'm back buying much faster than I'm building.

And that's wrong because............................?  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

That's a weird looking Jag in the box art.
Is it the same kit as theTamiya?

<goes to Scalemates>
Yes and no.  Tamiya boxed up the Italeri GR-1 this was based on.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Pellson

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 16, 2022, 03:54:59 AM
Quote from: Pellson on August 16, 2022, 03:42:52 AM

I realise I'm back buying much faster than I'm building.

And that's wrong because............................?  ;)

I shall connect you to the home Ministry of Finance for further discussions on this matter. Noone will be happier than me, should you manage to swing her opinion somewhat..  :rolleyes:

Quote from: zenrat on August 16, 2022, 03:56:11 AM
That's a weird looking Jag in the box art.
Is it the same kit as theTamiya?

<goes to Scalemates>
Yes and no.  Tamiya boxed up the Italeri GR-1 this was based on.

I built a near-RW RAF GR.3 from the Italeri kit, and I like the looks of it, quite a lot. Hence, I just wanted an as similar French cat as possible as well. I do however have a Hasegawa Jag as well in the StashTM, and reviews give that that should be the better of them. However, I still liked the Italeri one well enough, and I bought this for scraps (as I did with the Tornados, btw, the entire haul coming for less than £25)
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!