My stash just grew again. (2022)

Started by seadude, December 30, 2021, 03:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

Nah, they did not like the M4. It was outdated and too big for Japanese railroad tunnels, so that I don't think that they would have wasted much time and effort on upgrading it, even as a stopgap solution.
I favor the South American route, though. Uruguay has become a hot candidate - highly exotic, but with markings that I can probably reproduce, and Uruguay operated a fleet of M24 Chaffees deep into the Eighties (actually, the last ones in service!), with new engines, considerable hull mods for these and a pretty paint scheme.

rickshaw

You are aware, Dizzy, the Hasegawa is badly overscale?  It works out at about 1/70 in size. :banghead:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Wardukw

Hope ya realise Norway operated M24s into the 90s Dizzy..92 i think they took em out of service..probably upgraded to something really modern like a Leo1   ;D
Ya know the South American angle is a good one..they did funky things with old armour like Brazils extended M3/M5s..those were quite neat ..yeah i agree Thomas..go with something cool ..a turret swap is kinda boring and the Japanese would have left em OD anyway..nope funky paint job wins  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kerick on September 11, 2022, 07:56:11 PMThis might make the Mach2 RB-57F look good!

Actually it's surprisingly OK, for a Mach 2 kit anyway.

By no means could you class it as 'good', but with a bit of work it's passable...............................just.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on September 12, 2022, 03:00:12 AMHope ya realise Norway operated M24s into the 90s Dizzy..92 i think they took em out of service..

Uruguay officially operated the M24 until 2019(!).

NARSES2

Quote from: rickshaw on September 12, 2022, 02:15:04 AMYou are aware, Dizzy, the Hasegawa is badly overscale?  It works out at about 1/70 in size. :banghead:

I can remember building it and posing it next to an Airfix Sherman and going "what the....?". I didn't swear because I was a mere child, but it certainly confused me.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: DogfighterZen on September 11, 2022, 02:31:28 PMThanks for the clarification, i was hoping they'd be like Eduard Zoom sets but it's no problem. :thumbsup:

The Eduard Zoom sets I have are multi part and aren't self adhesive.  I'm aware some of their newer sets, is it the Space range ? are self adhesive, but I've not seen them personally.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: rickshaw on September 12, 2022, 02:15:04 AMYou are aware, Dizzy, the Hasegawa is badly overscale?  It works out at about 1/70 in size. :banghead:

No, I wasn't. But as a "standalone model" it will probably not matter much. The kit hasn't arrived yet, so I cannot tell about scale/size problems. But thanks for the warning!

rickshaw

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on September 13, 2022, 12:17:24 AM

No, I wasn't. But as a "standalone model" it will probably not matter much. The kit hasn't arrived yet, so I cannot tell about scale/size problems. But thanks for the warning!

If it is used as a standalone model you'll be fine but the size difference will be apparent if you pose it with other models/figures.  I used to wargame with other gamers and we used to use it in consort with other models and size difference was very apparent, even if it claimed to be 1/72.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

zenrat

Got one of these yesterday from Metro Hobbies.

I paid too much (current retail prices for new kits are ridiculous) but it's a four door wagon so I had to get one.  And there is a lot of plastic in the box.  You get a six cylinder station wagon with period custom parts (bodywork, wheels, interior bits etc), a trailer, tools, fuel cans, helmet, and a complete Hemi racing engine with four different induction set ups.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Ye gods, I haven't seen one of those for DECADES!  :o

What a brill find.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

zenrat

It's a re-pop Kit.  AMTs current owners are going through their stash of moulds and re-popping all sorts of stuff.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

That's good to know, I could do with some of my long remembered Holy Grail car kits.

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

Scored today..

12 x sheets of decals..its a mixture of railway and aircraft decals.

1 x AMT F250 Ford 4X4 ..painted in a terrible red paint job with totally crap wheels..no idea at all what im gonna do with this...might turn it into a mud bog racer.
1 x Early Chevy wagon drag car..absolutely no idea on the manufacturer but it could be AMT ..im going to turn this into a full blown modern-day drag car as this is like a early 70s car .
1x Revell NASCAR ...its a Monte Carlo i think buts its just for parts so it donsnt matter as im going to use the roll cage and rear frame for the drag Chevy wagon.
2x 3D printed RMK twin turbo LSX engines...these are for something special which i aint saying do do about  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on September 13, 2022, 11:43:02 PM2x 3D printed RMK twin turbo LSX engines...these are for something special which i aint saying do do about  ;D

Ahh, go on, you KNOW you want to!  ;D

Regards
Kit