My stash just grew again. (2022)

Started by seadude, December 30, 2021, 03:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Quote from: Rick Lowe on October 03, 2022, 09:03:07 PM
Quote from: Old Wombat on October 03, 2022, 07:31:12 PM1 x Academy Models 1/48 Hughes 500D Police Helicopter (AC 12249) - was looking for something cheap to make up the free postage amount & this looked like a likely fun subject, comes with & figure & a motorcycle

Does anyone else now have the "CHiPs" theme running through their heads? ;D  :thumbsup:

I do now, you basrt.   :banghead:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

Another cheap PM Models1:72  Su-21F (actually a Su-15TM... :rolleyes: ) as conversion fodder.

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 03, 2022, 08:27:32 AMAre you feeling alright Chris? It's a JET!  :o

I know but it's pre 1950 and I can pretend it came into service towards the end of the campaign in the SW Pacific if I pretend that went on until 46/47 and it was in development earlier  :angel: Besides it's got a certain "look" about it and I have built one before.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

jcf

It doesn't have to be pre-1950.  ;)

SARO P.103, swept wing SR.A1.

You cannot view this attachment.

Rick Lowe

Quote from: zenrat on October 04, 2022, 02:35:13 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on October 03, 2022, 07:31:12 PM1 x Academy Models 1/48 Hughes 500D Police Helicopter (AC 12249) - was looking for something cheap to make up the free postage amount & this looked like a likely fun subject, comes with & figure & a motorcycle

Does anyone else now have the "CHiPs" theme running through their heads? ;D  :thumbsup:

I do now, you basrt.  :banghead:

As ol' Burt Gummer says, "Doing what I can, with what I got." - happy to be of service.  :thumbsup:  ;D

Wardukw

Scored today..

1 x can of Tamiya  Candy Lime Green...for a very special project coming up quite soon  ;D

1x Academy  Mk.XIVc Spitfire ..for absolutely no idea at all  <_<
Been wanting one off and on for ages and for $20 because  the box is discoloured is a steal ..even though their only around $40NZ brand new its not a expensive model by any means and should go together quite well.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

NARSES2

Quote from: jcf on October 04, 2022, 12:49:39 PMIt doesn't have to be pre-1950.  ;)

SARO P.103, swept wing SR.A1.

But mine will be Jon   :angel:

That's an interesting looking project. Plan views got a certain Soviet look about it to my eyes, but we all know what they are like  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

McColm

Apparently Royal Mail are taking industrial action which is why the postal service is taking a bit longer than usual to deliver the parcels in the UK.

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

Perhaps it could end up in Texas police markings to go with the Aoshima Airwolf?
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Leading Observer

Quote from: zenrat on October 04, 2022, 02:35:13 AM

I do now, you basrt.  :banghead:

LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

AeroplaneDriver

Day out today with SWMBO who got a rare day off during the week.  A stop at a not-too-distant hobby shop and a Hobby Lobby store yielded:

Trumpeter 1/144 Avro Vulcan.  This looks a lovely kit at first glance.  The biggest drawback seems to be lack of weapons options.  Either a closed bomb door or a Blue Steel.  I think it will be whiffed into a Vietnam War Vulcan, either USAF or RAF

Airfix 1/72 F4F-4 Wildcat.  Again a lovely looking kit with tons of detail and very nice fine recessed panel lines.  Thanks the Hobby Lobby's 40% off sale it was under $8.  Probably destined to be a RW build since I have a soft spot for USN Grumman Cats.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Wardukw

A little package arrived in the mail this morning from Australia.
From the guys at thepartsbox comes these absolutely beautiful resin car parts...in this pile are..
1 x 392 blown Hemi V8 engine.
2 x Ford 9in diffs.
1 x 6/71 supercharger with belt and scoop.
4 x drag car parachutes.
1 x carbon fiber GT racing wing..the cast is so good you can see the carbon weave on the wing .
1 x Pro shock drag car wing.

Many many thanks to Zenrat for putting me on to these guys..their produce is superb  :thumbsup:  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on October 06, 2022, 01:31:58 AMA little package arrived in the mail this morning from Australia.
From the guys at thepartsbox comes these absolutely beautiful resin car parts...in this pile are..
1 x 392 blown Hemi V8 engine.
2 x Ford 9in diffs.
1 x 6/71 supercharger with belt and scoop.
4 x drag car parachutes.
1 x carbon fiber GT racing wing..the cast is so good you can see the carbon weave on the wing .
1 x Pro shock drag car wing.

Many many thanks to Zenrat for putting me on to these guys..their produce is superb  :thumbsup:  ;D

Glad to put folks their way.  They are good people.

I've just ordered something from BNA i'm very excited about.  Can't wait to get my hands on it...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

McColm