My stash just grew again. (2022)

Started by seadude, December 30, 2021, 03:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Quote from: zenrat on October 06, 2022, 03:13:05 AM
Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on October 06, 2022, 01:31:58 AMA little package arrived in the mail this morning from Australia.
From the guys at thepartsbox comes these absolutely beautiful resin car parts...in this pile are..
1 x 392 blown Hemi V8 engine.
2 x Ford 9in diffs.
1 x 6/71 supercharger with belt and scoop.
4 x drag car parachutes.
1 x carbon fiber GT racing wing..the cast is so good you can see the carbon weave on the wing .
1 x Pro shock drag car wing.

Many many thanks to Zenrat for putting me on to these guys..their produce is superb  :thumbsup:  ;D

Glad to put folks their way.  They are good people.

I've just ordered something from BNA i'm very excited about.  Can't wait to get my hands on it...

Only to happy to throw some business their way Fred...with quality like their it's well worth it .
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Wardukw

Another wee item in the mail today ...
1 x Tamiya 1/48th Mitsubishi A6M2 Zero...pretty good score for $21  :thumbsup:
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Gondor

Rescued a couple of packages from my local Postal Delivery office, both from eBay

1 x 1/48 Airfix Lightning F2A/F6

1 x 1/72 Pioneer2 Sukhoi SU21F Flagon

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Old Wombat

Stash grew by;

1 x Valom 1/72 Vickers Wellesley Mk.I
1 x AZ Model 1/48 Avia B-135 "Ljastovica"

courtesy of the nice trader chaps at the SA Plastic Model Expo.

A very restrained haul for me! :o

..... but there's still one day left & a few shekels left in the purse. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on October 05, 2022, 09:20:14 PMAirfix 1/72 F4F-4 Wildcat.  Again a lovely looking kit with tons of detail and very nice fine recessed panel lines.  Thanks the Hobby Lobby's 40% off sale it was under $8.  Probably destined to be a RW build since I have a soft spot for USN Grumman Cats.

It is a nice little build  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Today's additions to the stash courtesy of the nice trader chaps at the SA Plastic Model Expo:

1 x Tamiya 1/48 Chance Vought F4U-1/2 Bird Cage Corsair
1 x Hasegawa 1/48 F6F-3 Hellcat 'USS Essex"

These will likely be Real World &, probably, Out of the Box (maybe with some upgrades).

Howard of Effingham

From the Hinckley Model Show.....

3x 1/48 Me-109 [one each Airfix, Hasegawa and Fuijimi] F, G-4 and K all real subjects
Xtrakit 1/72 Saro SRA1 fighter flying boat [will get BPF related markings]
Special Hobby 1/72 CM175 Zephyer [will get FAA markings]

Some resin bits for the Me-109s and a mask set for the Meteor NF11/12/13

Good show.
Keeper of George the Cat.

Wardukw

Today is a most epic day...in the mail this morning is ...
1 x ECTO 1A Ghostbusters II Cadillac bodyshell and bits...interior..chassis..front and rear chrome..light lenses and fin parts...the only things I need for ECTO 2 ;D  ;D
I can't thank Fred enough for this 😁 this is awesome.
Now the design work begins with a wee bit of cutting for test fitting procedures  :wacko:

Rick Lowe

Old Wombat

Quote from: Rick Lowe on October 09, 2022, 09:11:35 PMSpeaking of zen... or should that be Mr Rat?  ;)
I have just seen this is available again...

https://www.monstersinmotion.com/cart/batman-c-13_405/batman-1966-batmobile-birdmobile-version-124-scale-model-kit-by-polar-lights-p-31233.html

-You're welcome!  :thumbsup:

Ooh, look it's Burgess Meredith at the wheel! :wacko:

Of course, there's a reason for that:

QuoteHere is a new issue of the classic 1966 Batmobile with accessories to biuld (sic) the Birdmobile from the Batman movie. This version will come with all new box art and parts to build the kit as the classic Batmobile or the Birdmobile as seen when the Penguin and Catwoman steal the Batmobile and make it there (sic) own. This version will also include Penguin and Catwoman figures.

zenrat

Thanks Rick for the tip off. I have that kit but not with those figures.  It does have the birdmobile parts and transfers though.
It'll be the second of three '66 Batmobiles i've got planned (first I built as a Batmobile Street Fighter) and will be built OOB as a Batmobile.  So far i've got the body together and painted and it sits there waiting to be polished and to get it's transfers.  The transfers don't quite fit BTW and there will be gaps which will need to be touched up with a custom mix of orange and light gull grey.
The third Batmobile will be a ute.
I may have to get this release.  Wish I could get it at the US price but without the US postage cost.

Today though I got this from BNA Model World.  This is what I was excited about ordering.  I've already got the land plane version of the Bartini Beriev VVA-14 but didn't think Modelsvit  would re-release the "Baloon Test" amphibious version. Woo hoo!

Bartini Beriev VVA-14 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on October 09, 2022, 06:50:15 AM1 x Tamiya 1/48 Chance Vought F4U-1/2 Bird Cage Corsair

I've been meaning to add one of the Tamiya Corsairs to my real world 1/48 collection (perhaps as one of the ones that served on the carrier my dad was on)  so is it as nice as they say ?

Quote from: zenrat on October 10, 2022, 02:10:25 AMToday though I got this from BNA Model World.  This is what I was excited about ordering.  I've already got the land plane version of the Bartini Beriev VVA-14 but didn't think Modelsvit  would re-release the "Baloon Test" amphibious version. Woo hoo!

Bartini Beriev VVA-14 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Saw that on the Big H's site a short while back and was fascinated. How big is it ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 10, 2022, 05:41:36 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on October 09, 2022, 06:50:15 AM1 x Tamiya 1/48 Chance Vought F4U-1/2 Bird Cage Corsair

I've been meaning to add one of the Tamiya Corsairs to my real world 1/48 collection (perhaps as one of the ones that served on the carrier my dad was on)  so is it as nice as they say ?

Good Tamiya quality.

Panel lines are engraved & quite fine; no flash; clear parts are clear; decals are a bit yellowed & I'm not really keen on either of the two box options, so I may look for some aftermarket decals.

Me being me, I may see what an aftermarket cockpit set is worth (if there is one); ditto the engine & wheels.

NARSES2

The Wooksta!

A solitary sheet of plastic card to make the moulds for the P.1067. Now done and cast, I have enough bits for two, but I still need to cast a few more bits for the cockpit. I hate two piece moulds...
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic