My stash just grew again. (2022)

Started by seadude, December 30, 2021, 03:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Lowe

Wardukw

In the mail came a wee pile of pur perfection.
From the partsbox in Aussie  came these ..
1 x set 1/25th resin Mickey Thompson Sportsman fattys and skinny tyres .
1 x set of 1/25th resin rear Goodyear drags slicks.
And the tyres I've been hunting ever since I got back into building cars ....
1 x set of resin sand drag 25th scale paddle tryes.
All these tyres are solid resin and perfect...dead square with flat tyre to road contact areas..these are better than AMTs drag slicks by a long way ..love em  ;D
OH also got a couple of turbo intakes..beauties these are too.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Dizzyfugu

Unexpected ev!lbay purchase: a Max Factory 1/72 Dougram mecha from the TV series with the same name. It's a relatively new kit of this robot, and these kits go in Japan for EUR 50,- and more, and with postage and customs you easily break the EUR 100,- barrier these days if you want one. A German seller has been offering the kit for several months now, at a quite attractive price, but I haven't been interested enough to make a bid. However, after several months of observation the seller now added a "make bid" option, and I was able to negotiate 20% down, which I found acceptable. Curious about the modern molding.

McColm

Bought some sundries on ebay;

A set of Revell paint brushes
Rattle can of USAF Olive Green
Two rolls of masking tape
Revell glue
Milliput filler/putty yellow and grey

DogfighterZen

This beauty just arrived today from Germany... :mellow:

Still waiting for a Hasegawa weapons set which should've been delivered today if the carrier hadn't taken it further south down the country... Should be delivered tomorrow. :rolleyes:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Spey_Phantom

Quote from: Spey_Phantom on October 21, 2022, 10:20:17 AMnew order placed:

-Revell 1/72 Boeing PT-13D Kaydet (to be painted in Belgian pre-war colors)
-Revell 1/144 Sepecat Jaguar
-Revell 1/144 Sea Harrier FRS.1
-Matchbox 1/72 SA365 Dauphin
-Airfix 1/72 Bristol Bulldog
-Hasegawa 1/144 Kawasaki Ki-45 Kai Hei Toryu (Nick)
-Hasegawa 1/144 Kugisho P1Y1 Ginga (Francis)
-Hasegawa 1/144 Mitsubishi G4M1 (Betty)

arrived today  ;D
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Rheged

Quote from: Spey_Phantom on October 28, 2022, 04:52:08 AM
Quote from: Spey_Phantom on October 21, 2022, 10:20:17 AMnew order placed:

-Revell 1/72 Boeing PT-13D Kaydet (to be painted in Belgian pre-war colors)
-Revell 1/144 Sepecat Jaguar
-Revell 1/144 Sea Harrier FRS.1
-Matchbox 1/72 SA365 Dauphin
-Airfix 1/72 Bristol Bulldog
-Hasegawa 1/144 Kawasaki Ki-45 Kai Hei Toryu (Nick)
-Hasegawa 1/144 Kugisho P1Y1 Ginga (Francis)
-Hasegawa 1/144 Mitsubishi G4M1 (Betty)

arrived today  ;D

A selection with  huge  whiffing potential!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Spey_Phantom

just scored online secondhand:

-Revell 1/144 Super Guppy SGT201
-LS 1/144 A-10 Thunderbolt
-Arii 1/144 MiG-23 Flipper (not the flogger)

ive been looking for the Super Guppy kit since i first saw it in a store over 25 years ago (but didnt have enough money saved up from my allowance to buy it), but have been unlucky to find it again,....until today, guess patience does really pay off :)
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Spey_Phantom on October 28, 2022, 12:32:08 PMive been looking for the Super Guppy kit since i first saw it in a store over 25 years ago (but didnt have enough money saved up from my allowance to buy it), but have been unlucky to find it again,....until today, guess patience does really pay off :)

A shoe-in for the Logistics GB then?  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

DogfighterZen

Quote from: DogfighterZen on October 27, 2022, 02:09:44 PMStill waiting for a Hasegawa weapons set which should've been delivered today if the carrier hadn't taken it further south down the country... Should be delivered tomorrow. :rolleyes:

Nope, it got here yesterday.  :rolleyes:
I'm not much of a mud mover fan but the two SUU-23A gun pods in this set will be donated to both the Hasegawa F-4J/S and the B/N kit i've recently bought. :mellow:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

McColm

Just bought on eBay;

Revell Convair R-3Y2  Tradewind 1/168
Lindurg 1/27 Healey Sprite  late 1950s steering wheel missing.

Old Wombat

Arrived today from BNA Model World:

1 x Revell Models 1/35 Unimog 2t milgl (RV 03337) - for Royal Australian Marines service
1 x Perfect Scale Modellbau 1/35 2to Tmil Gl (Unimog U1300) Platform Passenger Ladeflache for Revell kits (PSM-35141) - to mod one of the two Revell Unimogs I have into a troop transporter
1 x Tamiya Models 1/48 Vought F4U-1D Corsair-w/Moto-Tug (TM 61085) - Royal Australian Marines service WW2
1 x HGW Models 1/48 Grumman F6F Hellcat (White) Pre-cut (laser) Seatbelts (HGW-148577) - to see what they're like (they look good in the sleeve)
1 x HGW Models 1/48 Grumman F6F Hellcat (Fabric) Pre-cut (laser) Seatbelts (HGW-14857) - to see what they're like (they look good in the sleeve)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on November 01, 2022, 06:52:57 AM1 x HGW Models 1/48 Grumman F6F Hellcat (White) Pre-cut (laser) Seatbelts (HGW-148577) - to see what they're like (they look good in the sleeve)
1 x HGW Models 1/48 Grumman F6F Hellcat (Fabric) Pre-cut (laser) Seatbelts (HGW-14857) - to see what they're like (they look good in the sleeve)

Interested in your views. I've some 1/72 scale ones (not the same manufacturer) and if I'm honest they just seem like thicker transfers to me. Easier to use than etched certainly, but the jury's still out as far as I'm concerned.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 01, 2022, 07:07:06 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on November 01, 2022, 06:52:57 AM1 x HGW Models 1/48 Grumman F6F Hellcat (White) Pre-cut (laser) Seatbelts (HGW-148577) - to see what they're like (they look good in the sleeve)

Interested in your views. I've some 1/72 scale ones (not the same manufacturer) and if I'm honest they just seem like thicker transfers to me. Easier to use than etched certainly, but the jury's still out as far as I'm concerned.

I'll try to remember to include it in any build WiP when I use them. :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.