My stash just grew again. (2022)

Started by seadude, December 30, 2021, 03:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DogfighterZen

Ops, just clicked on a buy it now button... But it was for a good reason! :angel:
I'd never heard of such a plane but it looks good so, on order is a Valom 1/72 Boeing XF8B-1.
Has anyone on here ever built one of these?
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

The Wooksta!

Yes. It's one of his early ones. I had to carve a chunk out of the wing upper to get the fuselage to fit, but apart from that it's OK. Mine's yet to see any paint though.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Wardukw

In the mail today
1 x Italeri  1/35th scale HEMTT gun truck.
It's a goodin compared to the original release..it now has rubber tyres and new upgraded molds..this will be a nice one to build  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on November 18, 2022, 03:23:04 PMIn the mail today
It's a goodin compared to the original release..it now has rubber tyres and new upgraded molds..this will be a nice one to build  :thumbsup:

Hint: Get rid of the rubber tyres & get some decent resin "weighted" wheels. Not just for the looks but for survivability, too, the resin wheels last much longer than the rubber tyres.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

OH that would be on the cards Guy for sure if it didn't take a month a get em and they were available which a ton of things ain't now..still a upgrade for later  ;D
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

DogfighterZen

Quote from: The Wooksta! on November 18, 2022, 10:02:42 AMYes. It's one of his early ones. I had to carve a chunk out of the wing upper to get the fuselage to fit, but apart from that it's OK. Mine's yet to see any paint though.

Thanks, Lee!  :thumbsup:
Last night i found a replacement resin cowling on ebay and the seller has a few pointers on how to fix the issues he says the kit has.
Says the kit's cowling is off, the rear fuselage is too square on the bottom and something else that i can't remember now.

BTW, I've mentioned this forum to the kit's seller and he said he'd check it out. He seems like a pretty cool guy so we may have a new member some time soon. :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Wardukw

Quote from: Old Wombat on November 18, 2022, 03:54:30 PM
Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on November 18, 2022, 03:23:04 PMIn the mail today

Hint: Get rid of the rubber tyres & get some decent resin "weighted" wheels. Not just for the looks but for survivability, too, the resin wheels last much longer than the rubber tyres.
Well how strange it is when your looking for one thing and end up finding stuff you dont remember having.
A while back i built the Hobbyboss M1070/M1000 kit for a dude and he brought 3 sets of resin wheels for this thing and i got to keep what wasn't used and cash of course.
Found a set of wheels..truck wheels..exactly the same size as the HEMTT ..so now i have weigthed resin wheels ..some mods will be needed to get em to fit but its a wiffy so excellent ;D

Rick Lowe

Nice when that happens... I have had a few instances of it, usually due to stashing something away and forgetting about it - and then geting replacements... :banghead:

Dizzyfugu

An unexpected ev!lbay win: a Hasegawa 1:72 Mitsubishi MU-2S, sold as "used" but apparently all parts still in the bag and on the sprues for less than EUR 10,-. No plan for it, and I never expected to get the kit at that price (I was the only bidder...  :unsure: ), but it was just too cheap to just ignore it. Maybe some Scottish colors and markings, as a complement to my recent SAR Dauphin 2?

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: DogfighterZen on November 18, 2022, 08:19:25 AMOps, just clicked on a buy it now button... But it was for a good reason! :angel:
I'd never heard of such a plane but it looks good so, on order is a Valom 1/72 Boeing XF8B-1.

I have and it was like it was for The Wooksta hard to build. Did mine in a USN Dark Blue finish and cobbled together some F4U Corsair markings for it.
Keeper of George the Cat.

Howard of Effingham

1/72 AMP X-20A Dyna-soar [will be real but the extra decals will come in handy]
Keeper of George the Cat.

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: DogfighterZen on November 18, 2022, 08:19:25 AMI'd never heard of such a plane but it looks good so, on order is a Valom 1/72 Boeing XF8B-1.

I have one in The Stash, bought at a reasonable price at a convention, but so far did not tackle it due to lack for inspiration. USN Dark Sea Blue overall is the natural choice, but it's too obvious for me. And until something motre creative strikes me the huge thing won't be touched... Also thought about a late Vietnam era carreer with SEA cammo?

PR19_Kit

An early Airfix 1/144 Concorde kit, the short tailed prototype, in a plastic bag found in a charity shop in Ross-on-Wye.

Total cost £1.  ;D

RESULT, as I have a need for some Concorde shaped bits just now......  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Quote from: Rick Lowe on November 18, 2022, 11:41:11 PMNice when that happens... I have had a few instances of it, usually due to stashing something away and forgetting about it - and then geting replacements... :banghead:

I resemble that remark! :banghead:  :banghead:  :thumbsup:

Note: A smart "me" would go through the Wombat Stash Burrow(s) & catalogue everything. :angel: ... The safety conscious "me" says "Are you crazy? What if SWMBO finds it?" :o
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

jcf

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on November 19, 2022, 01:58:47 AM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on November 18, 2022, 08:19:25 AMI'd never heard of such a plane but it looks good so, on order is a Valom 1/72 Boeing XF8B-1.

I have one in The Stash, bought at a reasonable price at a convention, but so far did not tackle it due to lack for inspiration. USN Dark Sea Blue overall is the natural choice, but it's too obvious for me. And until something motre creative strikes me the huge thing won't be touched... Also thought about a late Vietnam era carreer with SEA cammo?
Black with red codes like a USMC F3D? Perhaps operating in a night intruder role?