My stash just grew again. (2022)

Started by seadude, December 30, 2021, 03:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Quote from: Rick Lowe on November 18, 2022, 11:41:11 PMNice when that happens... I have had a few instances of it, usually due to stashing something away and forgetting about it - and then geting replacements... :banghead:

OK I'll admit that's never happened to me for models or accessories but it's happened many times for magazines and DVDs ..and still going on ..bloody annoying   :banghead:

Guy stick with the meat memory bank instead of the written down one..much safer  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Rick Lowe

All well and good, if you can guarantee said meat memory bank will cough up the info required at the appropriate time...  ;)
Guy, thanks for the early morning giggle.  :thumbsup:

Dizzy, how about French in Indo-China, instead of the F6Fs?
Or something from one of the post-WW2 brushfire wars where other American kit was used?

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Howard of Effingham on November 19, 2022, 01:45:14 AM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on November 18, 2022, 08:19:25 AMOps, just clicked on a buy it now button... But it was for a good reason! :angel:
I'd never heard of such a plane but it looks good so, on order is a Valom 1/72 Boeing XF8B-1.
Has anyone on here ever built one of these?

I have and it was like it was for The Wooksta hard to build. Did mine in a USN Dark Blue finish and cobbled together some F4U Corsair markings for it.

Well, seems like one of those kits that will benefit from careful dry fitting and adjustment of the parts.
I always do it anyway to avoid any nasty surprises but thanks for the words, i will pay extra attention to these issues. :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on November 19, 2022, 01:58:47 AM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on November 18, 2022, 08:19:25 AMI'd never heard of such a plane but it looks good so, on order is a Valom 1/72 Boeing XF8B-1.
Has anyone on here ever built one of these?

I have one in The Stash, bought at a reasonable price at a convention, but so far did not tackle it due to lack for inspiration. USN Dark Sea Blue overall is the natural choice, but it's too obvious for me. And until something motre creative strikes me the huge thing won't be touched... Also thought about a late Vietnam era carreer with SEA cammo?

Yeah, i know what you mean, although i do like a simple dark sea blue fighter. The SEA cammo would look good for sure but i was thinking more of Korea war service for this one. I have no idea for a scheme but i'm sure something will come to mind when i build it. :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

jcf

Central American or Caribbean F8B, R4360 switched out for an R3350 in an AD Skyraider
like installation because of difficulties in sourcing parts to keep the R4360s going. 

The Salvadoran Air Force had a variety of interesting, and unique, camouflage paint jobs on their
Mustangs.

Ditto the Dominican Air Force:

They'd be interesting starting points for a paint scheme.

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on November 19, 2022, 05:50:32 AMNote: A smart "me" would go through the Wombat Stash Burrow(s) & catalogue everything. :angel: ... The safety conscious "me" says "Are you crazy? What if SWMBO finds it?" :o

I had a really neat Lotus 123 spreadsheet once that catalogue both built and un-built models as well as all after market accessories and transfers. Problem was that once I retired I no longer had an IT Walla to yell at to ensure its efficient running, but that I eventually had to switch to Excell which I really do not get on with  :banghead: so it fell by the wayside.  :-\
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

AeroplaneDriver

A couple of packages arrived at the weekend, plus an order placed. 

First up was a kit I've been on the lookout for a while.

Kittyhawk 1/48 TF-9J Cougar. Since KH went toes-up prices have been ridiculous. But on the downside the kit described as "New" has been started.  Messaged the eBay seller and the response I got was "there are extra parts to build one, and maybe three more planes in the box".   There are not. Nothing extra at all.  Negative feedback time.

Better transaction from Sprue Brothers who sent me a nice stack of Eduard canopy painting masks.  Though for some reason they packed them in a box in styrofoam peanuts. 🤔

And finally order placed with Colin for a 1/72 Mustard along with a 1/72 Buccaneer  WE.177 conversion set and a 1/72 P.1130 Hunter all weather interceptor conversion set.  Excited to get this package in the coming weeks!! 

So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Rick Lowe

Found a few bits from part-used transfer sheets during a fossick around at a friends' place.
Some RAF roundels, US stars and bars, instrument panels, various other useful bits and bobs. :thumbsup:

The Wooksta!

Pair of Mosquito decal sheets collected from Uncle Frank on Friday.

All this talk of the XF8 is making me think of finishing off mine, although I'm torn between an RN scheme or the RAF high altitude day fighter scheme.  May dig out the Mauler at the same time and the XP47H.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Dizzyfugu

Hmm, RN colors with a high waterline should look attractive on the massive F8B?

The Wooksta!

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on November 21, 2022, 07:05:33 AMHmm, RN colors with a high waterline should look attractive on the massive F8B?

Not in the timescale. Even with an extended war, it won't run later than 46 and that post war low demarcation scheme lasted until '48. Anything we got under lend lease would have went over the side well before then.  I'll be doing the Mauler in that scheme, so I can have my rum baba and eat it.

Also remembered that there's a King cobra at the same stage, so that may get finished in a far east nmf scheme.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

jcf

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on November 21, 2022, 07:05:33 AMHmm, RN colors with a high waterline should look attractive on the massive F8B?
RAN used the Sea Fury until the mid-'50s with a high waterline scheme.

The Wooksta!

TBH, I prefer the low demarcation scheme with the Type C roundels but the later scheme is fine although it depends on the subject, say the Firecrest that only ever wore the low demarcation scheme. I've a few projects that are going late that only wore NMF or the low scheme. 

The Eagle Wyvern TF1 is definitely one, and while at least one did wear the high scheme, it didn't see yer actual service.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Dizzyfugu

A relatively cheap Academy 1:72 Ju 87 G (the one with extended wing tips and the 37 mm guns) via ev!lbay.

zenrat

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on November 21, 2022, 11:41:51 PMA relatively cheap Academy 1:72 Ju 87 G (the one with extended wing tips and the 37 mm guns) via ev!lbay.

That's a nice kit.  It'd be even nicer if they gave you the option of naked UC legs.  The guns are particularly good.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..