My stash just grew again. (2022)

Started by seadude, December 30, 2021, 03:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Don't want to spoil your party, but to be forewarned is to be forearmed, right ? That's one of Valom's first kits and they've improved a lot since then. To be honest it's a bit of a pig, it can be built, however be prepared for a lot of swearing whilst doing so. Take it small steps at a time and you'll get there  :thumbsup:

Quote from: DogfighterZen on December 02, 2022, 09:49:54 AMFirst impression was simply amazement at the size of the wings... they're as big as the 1/48 Spitfire wings of the clipped wing tip type...
I had the notion that it was a big bird but i didn't expect that much wingspan... lots of space for ordnance, right?

Yup a contender for the Skyraider role or maybe similar to a Martin Mauler with 3 torpedoes ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

An early birthday present from some friends.

30 Ford Model A Coupe by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

This is the current release of the kit I am building at the moment.  Different engine (Nailhead rather than small block Chevy) and no chrome wheels but otherwise the styrene is identical.  But the beauty of Hot Rods is you can build each one a million ways.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

DogfighterZen

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 03, 2022, 01:03:08 AMDon't want to spoil your party, but to be forewarned is to be forearmed, right ? That's one of Valom's first kits and they've improved a lot since then. To be honest it's a bit of a pig, it can be built, however be prepared for a lot of swearing whilst doing so. Take it small steps at a time and you'll get there  :thumbsup:

Oh, you're not spoiling it, not at all, Chris. I like good quality, shake'n'bake kits but i also like the old and rough ones, they also deserve our love.  ;D  :thumbsup:

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 03, 2022, 01:03:08 AMYup a contender for the Skyraider role or maybe similar to a Martin Mauler with 3 torpedoes ?

Indeed, that's the type of aircraft that came to mind when i saw the wings, i'd never noticed how big they really were... but it still looks sleeker than the Skyraider or the Mauler.
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

NARSES2

Quote from: DogfighterZen on December 03, 2022, 05:48:36 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on December 03, 2022, 01:03:08 AMYup a contender for the Skyraider role or maybe similar to a Martin Mauler with 3 torpedoes ?

Indeed, that's the type of aircraft that came to mind when i saw the wings, i'd never noticed how big they really were... but it still looks sleeker than the Skyraider or the Mauler.

Very much so, it's quite an attractive looking aircraft.

Thinking about this made me go to the Vallom part of the stash and pull out a kit I've been meaning to have a crack at for ages. Maybe I'll start it over the Xmas/New Year break ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

PR19_Kit

Some stuff from the Big H today.

A REALLY comprehensive PE set for the Conroycorde, only a fraction of which will probably get used, plus some resin wheels and tyres for it as well. And four AIM-121C missiles for my still unpainted Tornado F6.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

A must have item for my 1/35th Academy AH1 Z Viper attack chopper.
Seat belts ..so I did a wee bit of hunting and found Eduard do a set just for that kit..so I scored a set from Eduard.cz ..when they turn up is a whole different matter.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

AeroplaneDriver

From the eBay Fairy:

1/48 Airfix P-40B
1/48 Airfix Lightning F.2A/F.6 Quite a good deal for under $30.  No box, but new bagged condition and arrived in a nice sturdy box it can live in until it gets built. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

kitbasher

From the London Plastic Model Show for a fiver an AModel Yak-130 for whiffery.

Best of all a chance for a final 2022 catch-up with Chris and Nick for a chinwag and a rather tasty pub lunch just down the road from the venue.

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Howard of Effingham

From The Coldest Model Show on Earth....  :rolleyes:

1/72 Airfix EE Canberra B2 [was given this one]
1/72 Italeri DC-130 Hercules Drone Director [for the bargain price of £15]

Bag full of aftermarket bits.

Me, Martin and Richard held the fort. It was cold but good to catch up with a varying bunch of modellers.
Keeper of George the Cat.

Weaver

Went to a local model shop that sells 2nd hand kits, which I've not visited for about a year, and a Revell 1/144th scale A-90 Orljonok ekranoplan followed me home.

Opened the box and there's a load of extra reference drawings and photos from the previous owner.

No idea what to do with it. Cross-channel car ferry seems obvious, but there's no interior and no facility to make it with the nose swung open, so it'd be a bit hard to show it in operation.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Nick

Quote from: kitbasher on December 04, 2022, 08:55:32 AMFrom the London Plastic Model Show for a fiver an AModel Yak-130 for whiffery.

Best of all a chance for a final 2022 catch-up with Chris and Nick for a chinwag and a rather tasty pub lunch just down the road from the venue.

It was good to see you both and as you say, the roast beef was delicious.  <_<
I got back to the show just as the awards were happening and it was all over by 4pm.

I came home with 2 pots of Humbrol Metalcote and a Jaaaag. AMT 1/25 Jaguar XJ220 no less  ;D

zenrat

Quote from: Weaver on December 04, 2022, 09:44:43 AMWent to a local model shop that sells 2nd hand kits, which I've not visited for about a year, and a Revell 1/144th scale A-90 Orljonok ekranoplan followed me home.

Opened the box and there's a load of extra reference drawings and photos from the previous owner.

No idea what to do with it. Cross-channel car ferry seems obvious, but there's no interior and no facility to make it with the nose swung open, so it'd be a bit hard to show it in operation.

I have one. I have thought of scaleoramaing it into a 1/72 fast patrol WIG.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Good day at the London Model Show with Dave and Nick yesterday  :thumbsup:  Then got home in time for diner prior to watching England win in the round of the last 16 at the World Cup  :thumbsup:  Couple that with England gambling and beating Pakistan in the test match this morning and a good weekend all round  ;D

On the model front I got one of the Special Hobby new tool Me 109 E's, this time the Rumanian and Slovak Aces boxing. Great value at £12. Also got some putty, which I was fast running out of and, much to my surprise, a couple of tins of Humbrol Metalcote which I thought was no longer available. In my view these are the best metal paints for brush painting.

kitnut617

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on December 03, 2022, 01:22:11 PMFrom the eBay Fairy:

2A/F.6 Quite a good deal for under $30.  No box, but new bagged condition and arrived in a nice sturdy box it can live in until it gets built. 

Heck! I could have let you have the one I got Nick!!!!!
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike