My stash just grew again. (2022)

Started by seadude, December 30, 2021, 03:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Lowe

Wow, Phill - an ongoing Good Score-a-thon, there!

Nice!  :thumbsup:

Wardukw

Quote from: Rick Lowe on December 22, 2022, 07:01:51 PMWow, Phill - an ongoing Good Score-a-thon, there!

Dude this is epic..with the math this $75 buck score is now closer to $650 ..this sort of thing don't come along every day ..can't wait to see what he might throw in with the tanks  :lol:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on December 22, 2022, 08:13:42 PM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on December 22, 2022, 07:01:51 PMWow, Phill - an ongoing Good Score-a-thon, there!

Dude this is epic..with the math this $75 buck score is now closer to $650 ..this sort of thing don't come along every day ..can't wait to see what he might throw in with the tanks  :lol:

New, the DAP Blackhawk's AU$100 on its own! Well done! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Pellson

An old original-boxing Heller T-6G Texan, the one with the guns and rockets, and an almost as old Italeri Gotha Go 242/244. The latter might eventually get an engine upgrade for service in the postwar Luftwaffe.
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

AeroplaneDriver

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate! 

Probably last post on here for the year, a nice little haul from Father Christmas.

So I got that going for me...which is nice....

rickshaw

How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Wardukw

So nice to have ppl who get you presents you can actually use  ;D
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

scooter

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

NARSES2

I normally get a 1/48 kit for Christmas and this year I managed to get 2  :thumbsup:

Eduard A6M2 Zero Type 11 which I'd dropped enough hints about  :angel: Plus as a complete surprise a new tool Airfix Anson, apparently it was on the shelf when she went to pick the Zero up, and she thought "why not"  :thumbsup: I knew the Zero was a class kit, but the Anson looks absolutely superb  :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

This isn't quite a 'My Stash' increase report, but it includes a bit of one, and what a BIT!

Some of you may well recall that Boxing Day is my birthday and today was a rather special one as I was 80. Yes, Eight Zero years old, which most people think is rather a lot, I just think it's normal.  ;D

My two daughters naturally decided to make a 'bit of a do' about it and arranged a special tea party at a posh hotel in Woodstock, not far from where the eldest one lives in Kidlington just north of Oxford. So nine of us gathered there, our intended numbers diminished by various illnesses etc. but it was a good crowd, including one cousin who I'd not seen for over 20 yrs! They warned me that the occasion would be 'Spitfire heavy', which was a trifle confusing until they gave me one pressie which was a full size poster, printed by Airfix, of the box art for their new 1/24 Spitfire kit. This one pic contains no less than SEVENTEEN pics of Spitfires on it, and not only that, the table at the hotel was bestrewn with little cut out Spits!

You cannot view this attachment.

All in all there were fifty four of them splattered all over the table!

Naturally there was a cake, but NOT with 80 candles on it, just a token couple, but there was a Spitfire of course..

When it came to the presentation of my birthday pressies, there was yet another Spitfire, this time the actual Airfix 1/24 Spitfire Mk IXc!!!!!!  :o

Goodness knows how I'll make the wings longer.................. 

To add more to my pleasure they've also arranged a one hour simulator session in the world's only Vulcan simulator  some time later in 2023!!!

Don't you just LOVE a couple of daughters like those two?  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Many Happy Returns for the Day Kit, May you have many more of them  :thumbsup:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

jcf

Quote from: Flyer on December 21, 2022, 10:41:32 PMThis arrived today, much faster than expected as I only paid for it Friday:
IMG_20221222_165848~2.jpg
No idea what I'll do to/with it yet but I have always liked the look of this aircraft so put a low bid on this when I seen it and was surprised to find out that I had won it. :mellow:
Perhaps move the windscreen and pilot's canopy aft for a Northrop Gamma look. The Ki-15 wing design was influenced by the Northrop construction which was used by Douglas and others. 

Old Wombat

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KIT! :party:  :cheers:  :sleepy:

Excellent children & exceptional gifts! :thumbsup:  :tornado:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

Happy B Day Kit  :thumbsup:  ;D  and damn that's one hell of a good one mate ...your daughters are amazing matey and love their day a ton ..brilliant 😁

AeroplaneDriver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 26, 2022, 10:43:51 AMThis isn't quite a 'My Stash' increase report, but it includes a bit of one, and what a BIT!

Some of you may well recall that Boxing Day is my birthday and today was a rather special one as I was 80. Yes, Eight Zero years old, which most people think is rather a lot, I just think it's normal.  ;D

My two daughters naturally decided to make a 'bit of a do' about it and arranged a special tea party at a posh hotel in Woodstock, not far from where the eldest one lives in Kidlington just north of Oxford. So nine of us gathered there, our intended numbers diminished by various illnesses etc. but it was a good crowd, including one cousin who I'd not seen for over 20 yrs! They warned me that the occasion would be 'Spitfire heavy', which was a trifle confusing until they gave me one pressie which was a full size poster, printed by Airfix, of the box art for their new 1/24 Spitfire kit. This one pic contains no less than SEVENTEEN pics of Spitfires on it, and not only that, the table at the hotel was bestrewn with little cut out Spits!

All in all there were fifty four of them splattered all over the table!

Naturally there was a cake, but NOT with 80 candles on it, just a token couple, but there was a Spitfire of course..

When it came to the presentation of my birthday pressies, there was yet another Spitfire, this time the actual Airfix 1/24 Spitfire Mk IXc!!!!!!  :o

Goodness knows how I'll make the wings longer.................. 

To add more to my pleasure they've also arranged a one hour simulator session in the world's only Vulcan simulator  some time later in 2023!!!

Don't you just LOVE a couple of daughters like those two?  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Lovely Stuff!!! Happy Birthday Kit!! 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....