My stash just grew again. (2022)

Started by seadude, December 30, 2021, 03:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DogfighterZen

Seems to have been a good one! Late wishes of happy birthday, Kit! :cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

rickshaw

Quote from: Old Wombat on December 26, 2022, 05:58:58 PMHAPPY BIRTHDAY, KIT! :party:  :cheers:  :sleepy:

Excellent children & exceptional gifts! :thumbsup:  :tornado:

X2, Mate.  :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Beermonster58

Courtesy of my sister, My stash  grew again to the tune of three Airfix MiG -17s ;
-17F
LIM 5
Dogfight Double with of course a free A-4B thrown in ! ;D
It will grow again next week. My partner couldn't make it through for Crimbo so, I'm getting dragged screaming and protesting to my local modelling emporium where she will force a late prezzie upon me!! ;D
Hates rivet counters! Eats JMNs for breakfast!

zenrat

Eighty years young eh Kit.  You kept that one quiet.

Many Happy.  And many more to follow.

:party:  :party:  :party:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Happy 80th Kit, a few of my mates, and my Brother, were 80 this year. Not a bad age  ;)  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

A slightly belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIT, and may your wingspan never grow less.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Gondor

Heard a noise at the door earlier but only just got around to checking what it was.... POST!!!!

From the BIG yellow H

1 x 1/72 Yahu Models Instrument panel YMA7220 Me 109 F & early G

1 x 1/72 Yahu Models Instrument panel YMA7272 Me 109 G

1 x 1/72 Yahu Models Instrument panel YMA7329 Me 109 G-10/K

All three bought as I have the AZ Joy pack of the Bf 109 G-2/4,6,14 which has no decals for the instrument panels or anything else

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Pellson

Many belated birthday greetings, Kit. I'll be better to keep the proper date by your next big 0.  :thumbsup:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Wardukw

In the mail today ..
1 x 1:48th scale Italeri F-14A Tomcat...brought with the full intention of hacking certain parts of the kit to pieces and the fact it's $140 bucks less than the Tamiya kit.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

From Evil-Bay for my '66 Batmobile (the only true Batmobile) collection.

Lego 66 Batmobile by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Wardukw

I'M BATMAN !!! ...the Lego movie was funny as hell ..makes me want to watch it again  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Rick Lowe

Quote from: rickshaw on December 26, 2022, 08:46:43 PM
Quote from: Old Wombat on December 26, 2022, 05:58:58 PMHAPPY BIRTHDAY, KIT! :party:  :cheers:  :sleepy:

Excellent children & exceptional gifts! :thumbsup:  :tornado:

X2, Mate.  :thumbsup:

X3!

Many Happies!

Sounds like the Daughters know how to keep the Old Man happy... they sound like 'keepers' to me...  ;)

DogfighterZen

This my last entry of this year but last night i've also ordered a few things that should be here next week.
Anyway, went over to my now closest LHS, which is 60/70KM away from my house, for the first time as my old LHS is being rented to someone else and changing the type of business. :-\
This one is more of a real hobby store compared to the other one which was more of a toy store with some modelling products in a small corner.ยด
Saw a bunch of nice kits but not many interested me and i was really only going there for some detail paint brushes and paint... Ended up bringing 4 of the Citadel Games Workshop metallic colors and 2 of the Vallejo Metal color series, along with 4 Vallejo Red Sable Kolinsky brushes,1X 10/0, 1X 4/0, 2X 2/0. I was really in need of small brushes so that was a good excuse to visit the store. The owner, also a modeller, seems like a pretty cool guy.

Obviously, it would seem wrong not to buy a kit on my first visit to a hobby shop so, i'd chosen a Tamiya/Italeri 1/72 FW190 D-9 but when i went to pay, the ATM payment machine in the shop wasn't working so, i headed across the street to go withdraw the cash from an ATM and when i was coming back, i changed my mind and chose to bring a kit of a chopper i've neglected all this time.
The idea came to me just when i was at the shop's counter and i know that lot of Portuguese modellers will call it a sacrilege, i'm going for a PoAF Hind in place of the SA330 Puma they had... :wacko:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Pellson

Quote from: DogfighterZen on December 29, 2022, 01:46:28 PM.
The idea came to me just when i was at the shop's counter and i know that lot of Portuguese modellers will call it a sacrilege, i'm going for a PoAF Hind in place of the SA330 Puma they had...

Not a bad idea at all, and given the collapse of the Warsaw pact in the early nineties, there certainly was enough Hinds on the 2nd hand market for Portugal to get some without having to switch sides. Go for it!
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Captain Canada

Got my RC-135 today from Ukraine ! This comic pamphlet was inside. Got to love a since of humour in tough times !You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.     
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?