Main Menu

Type 21G frigate

Started by Weaver, January 04, 2022, 01:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Really good sir  :thumbsup:

The Italian frigate Cannelloni sounds as if she was a tasty little ship  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

Cheers folks, glad you like it. :thumbsup:

I've just tweaked the backstory a little, mostly to correct typos and make it flow better. I was right on the last minute posting all this last night and didn't even have time to proof read it.

Wooksta: I've been dying for an excuse to use that name for years. :wacko:

If anybody's wondering, HMS Tyche, the RN Leander class frigate that came within 30 feet of sharing the Wilderbeest's fate, is named after the Greek goddess of luck...  ;D
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Rheged

Quote from: Weaver on January 31, 2022, 05:57:43 PM

If anybody's wondering, HMS Tyche, the RN Leander class frigate that came within 30 feet of sharing the Wilderbeest's fate, is named after the Greek goddess of luck...  ;D

I'm pleased to see another Whiffer with an understanding of Greek mythology.....................although I'm fairly sure that the average matelot would have pronounced it  HMS Tyke, the goddess of Yorkshire!

Well done, it's a backstory I'd have been proud to have written!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Weaver

Quote from: Rheged on February 01, 2022, 01:57:47 AM
Quote from: Weaver on January 31, 2022, 05:57:43 PM

I'm pleased to see another Whiffer with an understanding of Greek mythology.....................although I'm fairly sure that the average matelot would have pronounced it  HMS Tyke, the goddess of Yorkshire!

Well done, it's a backstory I'd have been proud to have written!

I wouldn't say I have a great understanding of it: just a few reference books and the internet!

Yes, they might well call it 'Tyke', or the other thing I thought of was 'HMS Titchy'... ;D
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

MAD

Some very nice profiling Weaver  :thumbsup:

MAD