US bombers in Anti-Flash scheme

Started by philp, January 05, 2022, 09:23:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandiego89

Quote from: philp on January 06, 2022, 02:46:08 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 06, 2022, 11:37:58 AM
Quote from: kerick on January 06, 2022, 10:26:30 AM

Trick would be finding an early model BUFF kit. One with the turbo jet engines.

That'll be the Monogram one, the one with the brackets on the wings and fuselage to hang it up.............  :-\

Still a good kit if you don't mind raised panel lines and lack of interior in the bomb bay and gear wells.  I have 3 of them in the stash.

I am currently fighting with the Minicraft kit in 1/144th.  Think I have put more putty on this than any other kit so far.

The Monogram 1/72 B-52D is a great place to start for any early B-52 tall tail version.  The external differences on A-E models are limited, and can be modified, and in some cases just ignored.  And most had the white under flash early in their careers.  The F had bulges on the side of the engines for extra generators. The G-H are quite different and best to start with a G/H kit. 

I did my D as an E, and with the white under flash (and a few other WHIF tidbits underneath)

A really great kit.

The wall mount is great for these big kits. 

Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

The Rat

Quote from: sandiego89 on January 08, 2022, 09:46:54 AM

I did my D as an E, and with the white under flash (and a few other WHIF tidbits underneath)

OMIGAWD THAT'S KILLER GOOD!
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

PR19_Kit

A 1/72 B-52 of any mark makes one HECK of a wall decoration!  :o

And a sight safer than hanging it from the ceiling as Monogram suggest you do!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

scooter

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 08, 2022, 02:43:38 PM
A 1/72 B-52 of any mark makes one HECK of a wall decoration!  :o

And a sight safer than hanging it from the ceiling as Monogram suggest you do!

I had the D hanging from the ceiling when I was a wee airman back at GFAFB, held up by thumbtacks in the ceiling drywall.  Painted it in variations of the camo pattern suggested...and had either a Flanker or Fulcrum (I'm thinking more Flanker) diving on it for a gun pass to the cockpit.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

loupgarou

Beautiful!
But why one F-104 has Sidewinder and the other not? It wouldn't make him jealous?
What system did you use for making the fighters removeable? Magnets?
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.