Brazilian F6F Hellcat

Started by rankinstein, January 05, 2022, 03:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rankinstein

I've visited here about a brazilian times (badda boom), but thought I'd finally post something. Imagine the Brazilians flying ground attack missions in Italy were given F6Fs, instead of P-47s? This is the 1/48 Hasegawa kit, with I think a True Details seat. Had some major flubbage along the way, losing random parts, etc. Finally decided to call it done rather than trick it out with rockets, etc. Anways, let me know if you likey, and I'll post some pics of my Swedish spinach camo F4F Wildcat.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/194740713@N02/51802581289/in/dateposted-public/

I have probably horribly screwed up the HTML in this but hope you enjoy.
Abutebaris modo subjunctivo.

flappydaffy

Nice looking bird!! can we get more pictures ? pleaaaaase?  ;D ;D

comrade harps

Looks the part and nicely weathered  :thumbsup:
Whatever.

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

Very nice.  :thumbsup: I have an early F4U on my list, to be de-navalized (as a simplified export fighter) and earmarked to end up in Brazilian markings, too.

AndrewF

Looks good - it would be nice to see some more photos. And if you put your link address within (img)(/img) tags - but with square brackets [] instead of parentheses () - you'll see the image directly in your post.

I did a Super Mustang in this kind of scheme last year... //edit// - just noticed that I wrote "P-61" instead of "P-51" on the profile... need to change that.

Wardukw

Ohh thats much better Andrew and very nice..very nice weathering and the paint looking crappy really gives it a impression of age and condition..very nice  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

sandiego89

Fantastic paint!

I am always surprised there were not more users of the Hellcat, especially post WWII, they built a ton of them.  Think the rugged build and proven radial engine would have been attractive. 
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

NARSES2

Quote from: sandiego89 on January 08, 2022, 10:09:58 AM

I am always surprised there were not more users of the Hellcat, especially post WWII, they built a ton of them.  Think the rugged build and proven radial engine would have been attractive.

Must admit I've often wondered why the Corsair saw post War service and the Hellcat didn't.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

This link might help: https://www.militaryfactory.com/aircraft/compare-aircraft-results.php?form=form&aircraft1=146&aircraft2=87&Submit=Compare+Aircraft

Basically, there were a few more of them, they were smaller (but taller), had a higher max. take-off weight, longer legs, higher speed, could climb higher faster & (anecdotally) could take more punishment.

The F4U is highly under-rated because the USN couldn't figure out how to fly them off carriers quickly enough & went with the F6F instead as their primary carrier fighter.

The USMC & RN loved them.

PS: Oh, & a large number of F6Fs served on in National Guard & Reserve units, just not front line.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

perttime

It looks a little used  ;)  ;D

Did  you finish it in 2022? I'm tempted to nominate it for the annual Whiffie awards: https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=50069