Movie soundtracks done right

Started by Hobbes, January 16, 2022, 03:29:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on January 20, 2022, 03:03:34 AM

I've never been to a ballet but am keen to as i'm fascinated to find out whether I can hear the dancers feet banging about on the stage.  Covid permitting the Melbourne Ballet are IIRC doing Prokofiev's Romeo and Juliet this season.

Well I couldn't but then I've got bad hearing  ;D Ballets certainly a spectacle, but how you are meant to grasp the story line is beyond me, but then I suppose I'm a heathen ? ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Rat

Quote from: Weaver on January 19, 2022, 11:14:30 PM
The Classical Music/Heavy Metal genre is another surprising one. There's a whole sub-genre called Symphonic Metal that features a combination of rock-band instruments, operatic-style vocals and orchestral backing tracks. Finnish band Nightwish are pretty much the inventors of this genre, and they record all their backing tracks with classical musicians and choirs in London. Their founder and Composer, Tuomas Holopainen, cites movie music, and Hans Zimmer in particular, as a strong influence. Touring with a full orchestra is generally impractical/uneconomic but the Dutch symphonic metal band Epica did a one-off show with a full orchestra on stage.

Dimmu Borgir are also excellent with that, here's a video of them performing with the Norwegian Radio Orchestra. Some of the orchestra members really got into it with face paint!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg6n3ZhKwt4
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Rick Lowe

The Danish Philharmonic doing the theme to "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" is one I am quite fond of... and some of the little touches are good - check the Singer's ear-rings...