Boosted Brewster Buffalo

Started by Scotaidh, January 16, 2022, 11:08:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Had that exact same problem with that monstrosity of a plane i built ..plastic so old ..the Destroyer ended up ok but man what a mission with that plastic.
Keep at it matey..its going sweet so far  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

Yous be a thinkin right Guy  :lol:
Me working on the Devastator..." oh lets just clean up the area near the tail plane and tail with my Dremel..bang!! ..where the hell did the tail go??"
;D
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Scotaidh

To balance the added weight, as well as the extended front end, the rear also must be extended - not only for aerodynamic & weight distribution reasons, but dare I add, also for esthetics.  You know - if it looks right then it is?

I understand why the Navy, being chronically short of interior stowage space, wants the smallest, most compact things it can buy; and I get that keeping all the heavy stuff in one place improves the handling - but you get dumb stuff with that, like the pilot sitting in the engine on top of the fuel tank holding the ammo in his lap. 

The added length of this Boosted Buffalo brings it somewhere near the Fw 190 D-9 - and that wasn't a large aircraft, by any means.

Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

Wardukw

In for a penny..in for a pound Scot..as they say in the UK ..or used too.
I know of another line from your neck of the woods bud...if it looks right ..it will be right ..this is looking right ..now  ;D

NARSES2

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on February 19, 2022, 01:14:19 PM
In for a penny..in for a pound Scot..as they say in the UK ..or used too.

Some of us still do  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: Scotaidh on February 19, 2022, 08:57:09 AM

I understand why the Navy, being chronically short of interior stowage space, wants the smallest, most compact things it can buy; and I get that keeping all the heavy stuff in one place improves the handling - but you get dumb stuff with that, like the pilot sitting in the engine on top of the fuel tank holding the ammo in his lap. 

I've never really thought about it, but now I realise why USN types were so "stubby". Thank you  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

Narses mate ..old school huh  :lol: i like it  ;D
As for stubby planes that dont really explain things like the Avenger or the Corsair  :lol:
I 've never touched a Corsair but i have sat in a TBF and those are big planes and the wing folding system is seriously cool..the rear turret is cramped for a bloke my side tho  :lol:

Old Wombat

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on February 20, 2022, 12:33:19 PM
..the rear turret is cramped for a bloke my side tho  :lol:

Well, the rear turret of a Lancaster was cramped for me when I was ... 12? ... 13? :unsure: ... & I hadn't hit my big puberty growth spurt yet. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

Me too Guy ..its small and thats with twin .50s..not quad .303s.
I worked on the Lanc here at a place called MOTAT  and also the front turret aint much better  ;D

PR19_Kit

I got into the tail turret of a Lanc without too much difficulty.

Mind you, I was only 6 at the time.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 21, 2022, 03:40:20 AM

I'd be more concerned about getting out in a hurry  :angel:

Scotaidh

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 21, 2022, 06:29:48 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 21, 2022, 03:40:20 AM

I'd be more concerned about getting out in a hurry  :angel:

As I understand it, the bailout procedure was to rotate the turret fully to one side or the other, jettison the door and lean back ...  :)
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

Wardukw

Scotaidh is dead right but i think it was only like to the right or left..50 50 chance of being right here  ;D.
I think it was because of where his parachute was mounted which was on the side of the fusealge..he didn't sit on it.
I was in my 30s when i sat in it ..not designed for blokes who are 6'2 im affraid  :lol:

zenrat

Less people your size back then Dukwy.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..