Republic P-43 Lancer

Started by NARSES2, January 17, 2022, 06:27:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

No idea who's air force will be getting this yet, current front runners are RNZAF and Portuguese, but it will be a Wif and posting these pics here may prod me into start making progress.

Box, sprues and accessories

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

loupgarou

Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

philp

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Sport21ing

My deviantart page:
http://sport16ing.deviantart.com/

PS: Not my art, not very good at drawning :P

Tophe

Thanks for showing us the (injected plastic) parts of this kit. :thumbsup:
I remember in 1977 when (after my Brewster Buffalo) I wanted to build a P-43 model (American as I was not yet a whifer), the Vietnamese model seller told me: "sorry that does not exist except as vacform, too difficult for you", I was 13 years old...
I am not sure I will build one now, or an asymmetric zwilling with port Lancer and starboard Buffalo...
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

AndrewF

This is an almost naturally whiffable design. Looking forward to seeing the finished result. What's the long rectangular cut-out on the belly for?

zenrat

Quote from: AndrewF on January 18, 2022, 01:39:05 AM
This is an almost naturally whiffable design. Looking forward to seeing the finished result. What's the long rectangular cut-out on the belly for?

Centreboard, so it can sail closer to the wind.   ;D
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on January 18, 2022, 02:17:55 AM
Quote from: AndrewF on January 18, 2022, 01:39:05 AM

Centreboard, so it can sail closer to the wind.   ;D

And here was me assuming it had something to do with the supercharger ?  :angel: ;D

Cut plastic on this this morning. Not much done at the moment, but some of the tolerances and fit are a tad tight
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

nighthunter

Chris, as there were only 3 operators of the P-43 in the PTO, you could go with RAF, Finnish AF, Free French AF, Colombia, to name a few.
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

Pellson

Sweden! After all, we did buy a few sqns worth of the P-35, so why not P-43's as well? Also, the italian inspired paint scheme is quite nice.

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Wardukw

Chris mate im not going to suggest a paint sceam as i think you have quite a few options already..i was surprised to see RNZAF tho ..would look different in kiwi markings with a pacific camo job but thats not a suggestion..its a observation  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

NARSES2

Quote from: Pellson on January 18, 2022, 02:36:27 PM
Sweden! After all, we did buy a few sqns worth of the P-35, so why not P-43's as well? Also, the italian inspired paint scheme is quite nice.

Thought had crossed my mind  ;D

NARSES2

Warning to anyone else who has this kit (I know Zenrat has) and possibly any other Dora Wings kit.

There are serious issues with the instructions. Whilst they look very nice they are missing some stages, particularly when it comes to the interior. So far it's been possible to work out where things go by careful examination of the illustrations (you can work out where the part goes from the illustration showing the stage after the missing one) and by dry fitting.

However it is necessary to bear this in mind as some stages are not obvious. The front bulwark has a framework attached to its front which I assume is the engine mounting, but the stage showing the attachment of this is missing. The next stage, fitting the cockpit tub and front bulwark does show this fitted but it's not particular clear as it's partly obscured by some panels which also have their attachment stage missing.

So just be careful and go slowly.

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..