Republic P-43 Lancer

Started by NARSES2, January 17, 2022, 06:27:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

I now have an airframe  :thumbsup:

Must admit I've been a little side tracked by this kit, it kind of sucks you in and then  :angel: Goes together very well although you do need to take care with cleaning up sprue gates and mating surfaces etc as the fit is very tight. I ended up with a small crack on the underside where I'd "snap fit" the wing to fuselage, nothing to worry about though, easily fixed with PPP. Surface detail is very nice although as I've mentioned before there is some flash on one or two of the more delicate parts which requires a sharp blade, steady hand and a keen eye. I can supply one but not the other two unfortunately  :-\ The undercarriage is very fine and it will be interesting to see if it survives the rigours of being fitted, but that's way down the path at the moment.

The poor instructions have caused me a couple more issues, ut I've started to treat the build as a combined kit build and "who dunnit" read  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Got back to this today. Still a little more psr to be done as I have what is sometimes referred to as a "ghost seam" on the cowling. I just call it a "seam that needs more psr"  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Tophe

To ease psr, to comfort you from the pain of psr, I may suggest: take pics of the kit at its current step, then receive clapping hands, and you will feel better, taking courage to go on. No? :unsure: <_<
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

zenrat

Yes Chris, Tophe is correct.  Pictures please.  I'd like to see how it's coming as I have one myself.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Your wishes are my command  ;) I'll take a shot of current progress tomorrow and post it.

Quote from: zenrat on February 28, 2022, 02:13:23 AM
Yes Chris, Tophe is correct.  Pictures please.  I'd like to see how it's coming as I have one myself.

It goes together well mate, a bit tight in places, but the instructions are a little misleading and difficult to interpret at times. My earlier notes cover where they get a bit "strange".

NARSES2

Started to wind down a bit so here we go. Doesn't tell you much though. The grey areas are grey primer, not filler.

Tophe

Hurrah! A picture! I am happy! This is a good start! Go, Chris, go: :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

NARSES2

frank2056

It looks... tubby, like an early J2M Raiden.

zenrat

Quote from: frank2056 on February 28, 2022, 06:59:28 PM

Not surprising given it grew up into the Thunderbolt..

Thanks Chris.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on March 01, 2022, 02:30:31 AM
Quote from: frank2056 on February 28, 2022, 06:59:28 PM

Not surprising given it grew up into the Thunderbolt..

Thanks Chris.

Yup, I've a P-35 on the "ready stand" at the moment, so once I've got that finished I'll pose all 3 (the 35, 43 and 47) for a family photo.

NARSES2

Been fitting some of the etched cowling flaps, so I am making progress  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Made a fair bit of progress with this over the last few days, indeed hopefully I'll get her primed tomorrow. Painting can then start next week.  :thumbsup:

I must admit the quality of some of the small parts is excellent and the fit is equally as good, but unfortunately some of them are way beyond my HEC and general eyesight. Still that's not Dora's fault  ;)

Instructions are still causing me some issues, and unfortunately that is their fault  :-\. Overall though it's a nice kit and I'd certainly build another, especially as I now know my way around the parts fit.

Wardukw

Cant wait to see this Chris..this looks like its going to be a little rippa mate  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

NARSES2

Fully primed, so main camouflage painting can start this week  :thumbsup: