Started by NARSES2, January 17, 2022, 06:27:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Well worth the wait Chris  :thumbsup:
The P47s Razorbacks little sister lives and i like it  ;D ;D
The canopy turned out pretty damn good too..shes a goodin mate  <_<
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Glenn Gilbertson

Good-looking & convincing - I like it! :thumbsup:

DogfighterZen

As Phil Said, well worth the wait, simple but gorgeous! :wub:
Those decals do let it down a bit but not enough to distract from the overall look and i think that only people who are more used to seeing them will notice it. The story is completely plausible and it's the almost the same premise i'm using for my WWII Portuguese whiffs, like the Spitfire MK.IX. Great Job!  :bow:

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 16, 2022, 09:31:05 AM
Very plausible and nicely built too Chris. Looks very much a P-47's Dad, doesn't it?

DogfighterZen will LOVE it.  ;D

I have no idea why you would assume such a thing, Kit...  ;D
Looking at this bird helps me to visualize how my Tamiya P-47D Razorback will look like. :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Sport21ing

My deviantart page:
http://sport16ing.deviantart.com/

PS: Not my art, not very good at drawning :P

NARSES2

Thankyou everybody, much appreciated.

Quote from: DogfighterZen on April 16, 2022, 03:11:06 PM

In all honesty you were the inspiration behind her. It was reading your posts that got me thinking about a suitable Portuguese subject in my favourite historical period for modelling. I already had the kit, but once I found the LF Decals she was born  :thumbsup: The history was interesting as well. I knew some of it, but the rest was all new to me, and I pride myself on my general knowledge of European history, but then I suppose I've always concentrated on 1750-1919. So that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it  ;)

When you look at it you really can see where the P-47 came from and it will be interesting to see the 35/43/47 line up once done.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

DogfighterZen

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 17, 2022, 05:35:22 AM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on April 16, 2022, 03:11:06 PM

In all honesty you were the inspiration behind her. It was reading your posts that got me thinking about a suitable Portuguese subject in my favourite historical period for modelling. I already had the kit, but once I found the LF Decals she was born  :thumbsup: The history was interesting as well. I knew some of it, but the rest was all new to me, and I pride myself on my general knowledge of European history, but then I suppose I've always concentrated on 1750-1919. So that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it  ;)

When you look at it you really can see where the P-47 came from and it will be interesting to see the 35/43/47 line up once done.

I'm always glad to see someone else building a Portuguese whiff, especially if it had my influence and, even more so because very few Portuguese modelers do it and of the ones that do it, i believe that most don't show their models because of fear of being ridiculed. :banghead:

I've learned a lot since i started modelling again. The amount of stuff i've read and documentaries i've watched so far have made the whole thing even more interesting. I've always liked history but i guess i've always concentrated more on the past century, from around the beginning of WWI to the present day.

The P-47 is the ultimate refinement of the Jug family... ;D
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

NARSES2