BAC Vanquish B.3

Started by Devilfish, January 18, 2022, 11:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

You can see what i said about civilian and military differences..getting rid of the drop nose and the shield..removing the reverser buckets might not have been a good idea as Kit said ..brakeing chutes would have been a must and possibly even bigger wheel brakes .
As Kitnut put it about the radar..the nose would have been removed to fit a military spec one but this is where my tune changes a wee bit.
This is a wiffy and we're talking like what Devil is building is real..so the way i see it is that Devils is the very first verison of this bird and where Kitnut is going is the second or third verisons..either way their both correct.
As it is with any prototype..ya gotta start somewhere.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

kitnut617

That's right WD, it is whiff world. My aim was trying to build what was shown in the RAF Year Book. which was whiff in it's own right -----  But like I explained, I got too tangled with fixing the kit's many problems ---
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Pellson

Quote from: kitnut617 link=topic=50141.msg947467#msg947467

Tu-22M-3   ;)
/quote]

Ah. Of course.  :rolleyes:

Thanks.
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

kitnut617

Quote from: Pellson on January 24, 2022, 10:44:42 AM
Quote from: kitnut617 link=topic=50141.msg947467#msg947467

Tu-22M-3   ;)

Ah. Of course.  :rolleyes:

Thanks.

And it just fitted perfectly too.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Pellson

Devilfish

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on January 24, 2022, 10:08:05 AM
You can see what i said about civilian and military differences..getting rid of the drop nose and the shield..removing the reverser buckets might not have been a good idea as Kit said ..brakeing chutes would have been a must and possibly even bigger wheel brakes .
As Kitnut put it about the radar..the nose would have been removed to fit a military spec one but this is where my tune changes a wee bit.
This is a wiffy and we're talking like what Devil is building is real..so the way i see it is that Devils is the very first verison of this bird and where Kitnut is going is the second or third verisons..either way their both correct.
As it is with any prototype..ya gotta start somewhere.

Very true, this is Whif-world.  I tried to build something that would have been what the real world would have allowed, both physically and financially.   Using the production nose with the weather radar wouldn't have been too much of an issue, as this wouldn't have been a low level bomber.  Side-looking radar would have provided adequate navigation data, along with star navigation.   
Remember, 99% of the time these aircraft would only be doing standing patrols for nuclear deterrence, like the subs do now.  They wouldn't even be going supersonic that often, other than on exercise.
I binned the folding nose, to save weight on the hydraulics, but added a hidden camera under it for landing, and braking parachutes.

Wardukw

Thats right Devil dude..theres people out there who cant get their head around wiffies ..they are to stuck in the real world and builds like yours and Kitnuts and mine and every single person here would drive them insane.."no you cant put a radar in that nose as i will disturb the nose hydraulics and possibly upset the angle of the tea cups in the kitchen"..my response would be " bite me".
Where the hell is the fun in that ?
I got bored silly building basically thr same damn tanks over and over again and when i did build a wiffy they couldnt get their heads around it ..thats what stopped me building models for yrs ..close to a decade in fact then i found here ..the bug bit and bingo bango here i is .
So to that i say wiffy away my good fellow ..wiffy away  :thumbsup:
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Devilfish

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on January 25, 2022, 12:19:55 AM
Thats right Devil dude..theres people out there who cant get their head around wiffies ..they are to stuck in the real world and builds like yours and Kitnuts and mine and every single person here would drive them insane.."no you cant put a radar in that nose as i will disturb the nose hydraulics and possibly upset the angle of the tea cups in the kitchen"..my response would be " bite me".
Where the hell is the fun in that ?
I got bored silly building basically thr same damn tanks over and over again and when i did build a wiffy they couldnt get their heads around it ..thats what stopped me building models for yrs ..close to a decade in fact then i found here ..the bug bit and bingo bango here i is .
So to that i say wiffy away my good fellow ..wiffy away  :thumbsup:

Well said! Concorde does in fact have a weather radar in the nose, so I just left it.  I like my whifs to have at least a single foot in reality, even if only a toe....
Every now and a gain I have to build a whif....so much so, I have three entire shelves full of them....And they're not small shelves!

2022-01-25_01-46-02 by Paul Carter, on Flickr

NARSES2

Quote from: Rheged on January 24, 2022, 10:04:53 AM
    I'd seen the mention of CAS equipment, in Hansard, but I can't find the reference just now.

Ah the joys of Hansard  :angel: Haven't had to read that on a regular basis nor the Daily Official Journey of the European Commission since I retired. Do I miss them ? Do I ................. ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

Lovely pile of builds Paul..similar to mine but mine covered 3 walls in my lounge ..i think over 300 vehicles ..tanks .trucks and the top shevles where 32nd planes..all gone in the blink of an eye ..oh well ..thats life aint it.
I love that line .. i like my whifs to have at least a single foot in reality, even if only a toe.... :lol:
That bird of course in the real world would need a much more advanced radar system which of course in those days ment bigger ..like Kitnuts nose job ..for
targeting..tracking and so on ..sometimes a wiffy is so much easier than the real world even like ya said..even if only a toe is in the real world.
Im no expert but ive modded enough cars to know about the amount of work needed to turn one thing into another..hell it can be as simple as replacing the head unit in your car..that can turn into a real mission and trust me ive done a heap of car audio system upgrades and some are a dream and some are total night mares .
Thank christ wiffy world aint like that   ;D

Devilfish

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on January 25, 2022, 10:59:04 AM
Lovely pile of builds Paul..similar to mine but mine covered 3 walls in my lounge ..i think over 300 vehicles ..tanks .trucks and the top shevles where 32nd planes..all gone in the blink of an eye ..oh well ..thats life aint it.
I love that line .. i like my whifs to have at least a single foot in reality, even if only a toe.... :lol:
That bird of course in the real world would need a much more advanced radar system which of course in those days ment bigger ..like Kitnuts nose job ..for
targeting..tracking and so on ..sometimes a wiffy is so much easier than the real world even like ya said..even if only a toe is in the real world.
Im no expert but ive modded enough cars to know about the amount of work needed to turn one thing into another..hell it can be as simple as replacing the head unit in your car..that can turn into a real mission and trust me ive done a heap of car audio system upgrades and some are a dream and some are total night mares .
Thank christ wiffy world aint like that   ;D

Sorry to hear about that.  I lost a lot of mine in a fire in 2004.

As for radar, I don't believe it would need a massive one.  Look at TSR2.  TFR in the nose and Side-looking radar in the fuselage for navigation.  Concorde wouldn't need TFR, so SL would suffice.  The missiles would be pre-programmed for their target, so as long as they could get a fix on their current position, via the aircraft's INS, they wouldn't need anything else.

As for cars, yea.....I have this to work on.... :wub:

Photo-0137 by Paul Carter, on Flickr

Pellson

Oooh! A Manta! I rolled one of those - badly - rallying once. Four full 360's left us pretty disoriented, as you would imagine. Good days, though. Even if just that bodyshell had to be replaced.  :rolleyes:

Wardukw

Oh i lost damn near everything when my house blew up..gas leak..destroyed everything in the lounge and the room behind the lounge wall..where i had at least 4 boxes of spares and scraps and i think 200+ unbuilt kits..oh and me thru a wall..lots of buggered bits ..legs and shoulders ..ribs ..so yeah that sucked  :lol:

That car looks like a cross between a 2 door MK3 Cortina ( i had one with discs on all four corners) and a Capri and they didnt match the lines properly  and Pellson did a number on one..but i like the shape and it would look alot better with a blown 8..classic style..6/71 blower with a good ol 3 eyed bug catcher and 14in wide back wheels  :thumbsup:

Hopefully missiles of that time would have a good enough long distance solid state directional targeting system cause ya know what would happen if they didnt ..bigtime bugger moment  :lol:
I also wonder about the range of the radar..it would need to be a pretty good range but in wiffy world it does  ;D

Devilfish

Unfortunately I have to settle for a V6....

(Not my car, but this is what I have planned)

V6Manta by Paul Carter, on Flickr

zenrat

I just did a stereo instal on my Mazda.
Car Wireless Installation by zenrat industries by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
The storage hole above it is made of cardboard and duct tape.   ;D
This is the third car i've had this head unit in.  It has the advantage of aux input and USB socket on the front so I can plug in an MP4 player or a memory stick.  Much better than a glove box full of CDs.

As for the Concorde radar - just keep the droop snoot and say military radar got small enough to fit.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..